2019 Coffee Clay Chebe Onion Rice Tea Ayurv Acv Avj Challenge

BeautifulRoots

Realized I havent updated in a little while. This past wash day:

1. Prepoo with amla, bhringraj, and shikakai oil layered under a deep conditioner

2. Detangled with fenugreek, marshmallow, and slippery elm tea mixed with ACV.

3. Washed my hair with my black soap mix, hair is still liking it so far so I'll continue using it.

4. Made another attempt at @ElevatedEnergy shea conditioner, this one turned out great.

5. Did an ACV rinse.

6. Sealed with shea and used kinky curly knot today and curling custard to style.

Hair had been thriving these past two wash days since I've been doing almost 100% DIY products. I've never seen my hair look this moisturized and shiny, especially since I moved to a desert climate. Excited to see how my hair progresses over time.

Last edited:

BeautifulRoots

Updates on some of the oil infusions I made a few months ago.

Fenugreek oil: I like it for prepooing. It makes my hair hard like a protein treatment when I oil my hair with it between wash days. I will stick to using it as a prepoo oil to give my hair a little strength.

Hibiscus oil: It's nice, I love the feel of the oil on my hands. My hands feel so luxurious and smooth after I use it. It's a no-go for my scalp though, I immediately got the itchies when I used it to oil my scalp. I also used it in a deep conditioner and my hair seemed to enjoy it better that way. I have a bit more of the oil left so will experiment more with it.

apple_natural

I was too afraid of putting the henna on so I took forever to get to it. I finally put it on. It was not half as bad as I thought it would be. I ran out of the original mix and had to put in more conditioner to barely cover the other half of my hair. I didnt think i had enough hair to use what i made. Now I know to make more and just keep the extra for the next time. I'm in a plastic bag for the next 4 hours or so.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Today Used:
CeCe's Ayurveda Hair Mask (overnight last night)
Cantu's ACV Root Rinse
Stunna Fermented RW Cowash
Moringa Tea Rinse
Koils By Nature Growth Rinse

Prepooed with BelleBar organics Marshmallow detangler and sealed that in with onion and curry coconut oil. Washed with rhassoul clay and aritha. Deep conditioned with a avocado and Bellebar' s chebe mask and a little bit of Innaturewetrust henna pack. My hair feels WONDERFUL. I had neglected my hair for at least two weeks. My hair feels strong and soft.

Dlake

Hi ladies, it’s been awhile for me on here. Been delving more into Ayurvedic hair rinses, washes and masks. My hair is thick and high porosity, So I’ve been looking for a leave in recipe or product with a thicker consistency (haven’t found one that doesn’t use Shea butter. May hair is not a fan) that can make my hair happy.

I was on Etsy looking at Natures Ego products. I noticed a few of you have tried her products. Has anyone used her bentonite clay leave-in conditioner? I’ve never seen a leave-in with bentonite in it (usually a deep condish) but I know that when I use it my curls really pop.

apple_natural

Hair much more conditioned and not breaking. It's fine. Also, shikakai as a shampoo is craptacular. It's like washing with sand. I tried it on a section and then switched to trader Joe's tea tree something to wash.

BeautifulRoots

I used it as a paste. The tea thing would likely work. Thanks for the suggestion! I may add it whenever I try tea rinses. Do you use it as a tea?
You may find it works better as a tea. And yes, I have used the tea, never tried it as a powder. I've had success using the tea of one part shikakai to two parts of a conditioning powder like amla. Shikakai is a bit drying on its own for me.

Last edited:

apple_natural

You may find it works better as a tea. And yes, I have used the tea, never tried it as a powder. I've had success using the tea of one part shikakai to two parts of a conditioning powder like amla. Shikakai is a bit drying on its own for me.

Thank you. I may use up what I have, but I don't see myself trying it again. I'm happy I did try it though

apple_natural

Shampoo done. Henna is on. It was a lot thicker this time than what I made for last week's application. This is a good thing to me. Also, I had plenty! I did not run out. I hope to be able to use it next week although it will have sat longer than what I used this time. I'm not worried about that

GGsKin

Yesterday, I used some of the rice water I've had in the fridge for weeks. I've topped it up with more rice water as I've used it, so it's kind of like my 'mother' batch lol.