2019 Coffee Clay Chebe Onion Rice Tea Ayurv Acv Avj Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My Henna Oil is about halfway finished, so tomorrow I'll start a new infusion. I'm thinking of using Avocado Oil this go round.

Seeds/Powders: Fenugreek, Bhringraj and Nupur 9 Henna. The plan is to leave it on low in my crockpot for a few hours, and then let it steep for however long it takes me to finish my current oil. It may be a while but at least I know I'll have some goodness waiting for me!

BeautifulRoots

My Henna Oil is about halfway finished, so tomorrow I'll start a new infusion. I'm thinking of using Avocado Oil this go round.

Seeds/Powders: Fenugreek, Bhringraj and Nupur 9 Henna. The plan is to leave it on low in my crockpot for a few hours, and then let it steep for however long it takes me to finish my current oil. It may be a while but at least I know I'll have some goodness waiting for me!

Question for you. Does your henna oil leave a red stain on the hair?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Question for you. Does your henna oil leave a red stain on the hair?

Not a bit. My hair is still its normal color and my greys are still pearly white.
20190914_215508.jpg

20190914_215451.jpg

Matter of fact, oil infusions have become my go to for all treatments. I've eliminated everything else (mud masks, tea rinses etc) No need for all of that...infused oil is where its at for me. Easy Peasy!

*excuse the halloween stickers on my chest...I was playing with the kiddo's today*:lachen:

Last edited:

snoop

Matter of fact, oil infusions have become my go to for all treatments. I've eliminated everything else (mud masks, tea rinses etc) No need for all of that...infused oil is where its at for me. Easy Peasy!

*excuse the halloween stickers on my chest...I was playing with the kiddo's today*:lachen:

Does that mean you just use water and oil on your hair now? Nothing else?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Does that mean you just use water and oil on your hair now? Nothing else?

In between wash days, yes.
I mist it every night very lightly with RoseWater and seal that in with 1 pump of Henna Oil.

On wash days, it's a bit different.
I use a cleansing conditioner.
T-shirt dry for a few minutes.
Apply RoseWater, Henna Oil & Shea Nilotica then put on a plastic cap to allow it all to soak in under a turban. I use foam wrap around my hairline to lay it down after taking the turban down.

But as far as teas, rinses, mud packs and DIY masks etc...I no longer do those things.

snoop

I mist it every night very lightly with RoseWater and seal that in with 1 pump of Henna Oil.

Apply RoseWater, Henna Oil & Shea Nilotica then put on a plastic cap to allow it all to soak in under a turban. I use foam wrap around my hairline to lay it down after taking the turban down.

But as far as teas, rinses, mud packs and DIY masks etc...I no longer do those things.

That's super simple!

BeautifulRoots

Not a bit. My hair is still its normal color and my greys are still pearly white.
View attachment 451419

View attachment 451421

Okay, that's good to know, thanks!

I've had nupur henna in my stash for years now and never used it since I didnt want the color change. Will have to try it in oil form.

water_n_oil

My kind of wash day! I generally try to keep mine and the girls' wash day like this now. Moisturizing cleanser, leave in (acv, store bought, hydrosol, w/e the case), then an oil or butter. Cuts down on the time spent in the shower/tub and is much easier on them. Haven't been using any butters again yet as I'm not sure what our replacement will be.

snoop

Started using the FRW spray but hooboy is it strong. I'm going to have to throw this batch out and just do a quick overnight one for tomorrow.

Just wondering if boiling the FRW after it has fermented has cute the smell for people?

I feel like registration might also qith the last two batches I made (1 black, 1 brown) I washed it really and fermented for a week before refrigerating. No real smell to them.

imaginary

I feel like registration might also qith the last two batches I made (1 black, 1 brown) I washed it really and fermented for a week before refrigerating. No real smell to them.

Registration? or Refrigeration? Maybe it's because I'm in a warmer climate, but there's no way I can leave rice water out for a week before refrigerating. 1 day max. Also this smell developed because I left it in the fridge for 2 weeks (I know I know, but I've been addled).

snoop

Registration? or Refrigeration? Maybe it's because I'm in a warmer climate, but there's no way I can leave rice water out for a week before refrigerating. 1 day max. Also this smell developed because I left it in the fridge for 2 weeks (I know I know, but I've been addled).

Oh man. Auto correct was on overdrive today.

Yes, refrigeration.

My first batch smelled bad. Like I expected it to. It took me around 1 month to use it up. As time went on it started to smell sweeter (with refrigeration). The second batch went moldy before the week was up. The third batch, with the black rice was fine in the fridge but I tossed it after 2 months because it was too strong to use, even diluted. It made my hair feel hard. This final batch barely has a scent and will probably take a few months to get through. I make about 2 cups at a time.

My house is generally between 23 and 25 degrees C depending on the time of year.

Try washing it like you plan on eating it. That might help with the smell, even if fermenting for a day.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

Washed today and used henna oil in my DC. Testing not applying anything to my hair once I set it on wash day because when I leave it alone, the style lasts longer. When I do mist it and apply henna oil daily, my still doesn't get as much longevity. I haven't noticed a difference in moisture levels with daily application versus just wash day application so for now, I'll stick to only using it on wash day.