2019 Coffee Clay Chebe Onion Rice Tea Ayurv Acv Avj Challenge

water_n_oil

Turns out my fenugreek was delivered yesterday morning! I didn't check the mail yesterday so I had no idea until I saw the Amazon notification on my tablet at 11 something at night lol. Glad to start my first batch of soaked seeds for my spritz.

imaginary

I'm a little the same lol but I trust the process. I realise I've never even been close to properly hydrating my previous attempts. I'm a little excited so will probably try it the next time I wash my hair.
I have a lot of seeds and want the powder too @GGsKin. Maybe I should make a powder by using my Nutri Bullet to grind them up just to see if that works first though. I have more than 5 lbs of seeds in my stash right now. Let me try that before I order the powder. :yep:.

Keep us updated please and thanks. I don't have a grinder and I know that blending and straining should work, it's just very time consuming.

water_n_oil

I have some fenugreek soaking til morning. Also added a couple tbsp to my existing ayurveda oil blend. I have amla oil in a water bath right now. For the coffee oil, I'm just letting the sun do the work for a couple weeks vs any direct heat. It gets great heat in my kitchen window.

water_n_oil

Despite all the rinsing and a full wash after, there's still a good bit of amla left in my hair :rolleyes:. I rinsed tonight and could smell it plus my hair felt coated. I think I'll strain the oil I made through a cheesecloth before I use it. You at least can't see it w/o parting my hair and it isn't itchy so I'm not gonna worry about it til next wash.

water_n_oil

Despite all the rinsing and a full wash after, there's still a good bit of amla left in my hair :rolleyes:. I rinsed tonight and could smell it plus my hair felt coated. I think I'll strain the oil I made through a cheesecloth before I use it. You at least can't see it w/o parting my hair and it isn't itchy so I'm not gonna worry about it til next wash.
I lied. Washed tonight instead. Fallen in love with this fenugreek spritz upon first use. It's leaving mine and my daughters' hair so soft. Also feeling conflicted about mud washing. Absolutely love what it does for my hair but I definitely don't love the mess left in my shower. It's fiberglass and way harder to clean than ceramic or something.

faithVA

I haven't done a mudwash since December before my henna. Tonight I mixed up a simple batch of 1 T benonited, 3 T rhassoul, capful of ACV and water to consistency. I massaged my scalp well with it and then finger detangled. I wish I had more time since I enjoy doing mudwashes. But it was getting late and I had to rinse. My hair was so soft when I finished. I will add this as a monthly treatment and do another next month.

Dlake

Has anyone ever bottled up their bentonite or rhassoul clay mix for the road? I’m going on vaca and don’t think I can part without it. I know Naturalicious sells a it but it’s $20+ which makes no sense to me. I can’t in good conscience pay that much.

I would assume some natural preservatives would be needed to last about a week? Any ideas?

BeautifulRoots

Question for those who use henna. Would I get a color deposit if I infused henna in oil?

I have some nupur henna that I would like to use up. Thing is I like my hair black and don't want the red color deposit.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Question for those who use henna. Would I get a color deposit if I infused henna in oil? I havehen some nupur henna that I would like to use up. Thing is I like my hair black and don't want the red color deposit.
@BeautifulRoots
I've never had that happen when I've used an Oil w/Henna in it. :nono:

:orders: Calling @Aggie @Lita @GGsKin @Ltown and other Henna Users in here.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
how is the chebe mixed with conditioner feeling

My hair is still feeling very moisturized after 5 days. I just might be close to singing cautious praise for the product after next usage. I would definitely say:

1) less is more though with the product. Don't let heavy hands waste product by using more than recommended.

2) Belle Bar suggests leaving the mix on your hair for at least an hour but says "longer is better". I tried leaving it on while I slept however for my hair that's a terrible idea. Next time, I think 2-3 hours max is enough for me.

3) I'm not convinced that it is a miracle product for my hair type. My hair isn't hard to moisturize and once properly moisturized, I have to really neglect it to see it go super dry. That being said, I still like the product but know it's a convenience.

WaistLengthDreams

imaginary

@mzteaze @water_n_oil @WaistLengthDreams @Aggie @imaginary @GGsKin @Ltown and ALL other Oil Infusers

How long are you "Infusing" your Oil(s)? I'm infusing Chebe Powder & Grapeseed Oil.

I put the ingredients in and leave it in the sun or by a window for 2 weeks. Then give it another month before I start using it. If I want to be "quicker" about it, I'll double broil the ingredients for half hour and then leave it for another 3 weeks.

Question for those who use henna. Would I get a color deposit if I infused henna in oil?

I have some nupur henna that I would like to use up. Thing is I like my hair black and don't want the red color deposit.

I think it does, just not as dramatically. One of the reasons I stopped using henna in my oil infusions was because it was staining my hands, my hair wraps and my pillow a bit.