2019 Coffee Clay Chebe Onion Rice Tea Ayurv Acv Avj Challenge

MzSwift

DOES ANYONE APPLY TEA BEFORE SHAMPOOING

I use a shikakai and neem tea to make my hair cleanser. I mix the tea with conditioner, lemon EO and a little peppermint castile soap for suds and scalp stimulation.

Sometimes my tea is premixed and strained. Most of the time though, I just pour a few tablespoons of powder in the bottle and fill 1/3-1/2 of the way with hot water, shake well and there's my tea. Then I add the other stuff. I've made my cleanser that way since 2010.

GGsKin

@Honeypot
I do not. I use it primarily under my DC'er or before I do my final R/O.

I was hoping others would chime in? @Ltown @snoop @NowIAmNappy @water_n_oil @GGsKin @Aggie @imaginary

If you search ElevatedEnergy's posts in this thread, she has a lot of info on how she uses her Tea Rinses as well.

Yeah, I haven't used a tea rinse in a while and the ones I did, left my hair feeling a little wiry. I dont think I've ever used one before shampooing.

apple_natural

I forgot that I've already joined this challenge. I have read the whole thread thinking I was preparing to join, but then I saw my own comments lol. Im working on my regimen and products for 2020 goal

I enjoyed reading everything though. I got a glass tea pot, awesome diy rosewater instructions, a green tea recipe, considered rice water rinses and a small fridge for my hair stuff, and more lol.

Last edited:

Aggie

Used avg and evoo in my prepoo tonight. I added them to some NG Rose Clay Mask and left in for about 10 minutes and my hair detangled like a breeze. My hair is behaving lately so I must be doing something right.

Aggie

I just whipped some shea butter using Aloe Vera Gel, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, brahmi oil, peppermint, lavender, and rosemary essential oils and a little of my diy coffee oil.

I eye-balled everything and it came out wonderfully and feathery soft and fluffy. Plus it smells good too. Now I don't have to melt it anymore.

I think I will make another batch solely for my skin using Avocado oil mixed with Ylang Ylang essential oil for a feminine perfume smell. I ordered my avocado oil last week and it's not here yet so I have to wait maybe another week to receive it.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I did before I got locs a couple of years ago, and I plan to do this again when I'm done removing them. My routine was to brew caffeinated green tea and apply it to my scalp either the night before or at least an hour before I shampoo. The caffeine inhibits DHT which causes excessive shedding. I saw more than a 50% reduction in shedding on wash day.

Honeypot

I did before I got locs a couple of years ago, and I plan to do this again when I'm done removing them. My routine was to brew caffeinated green tea and apply it to my scalp either the night before or at least an hour before I shampoo. The caffeine inhibits DHT which causes excessive shedding. I saw more than a 50% reduction in shedding on wash day.
Thanks

snoop

Had some stuff that was frozen in the freezer that I used up. I think one was a bit of gloss and the other was just oil and conditioner. I added more powder, conditioner, and oil.

When all was done my final step was to seal and braid my hair with shea butter and ayurvedic oil.