2019 Oil Butter Grease Creme Pomade Lotion Challenge

Aggie

My hair still feels really moisturized from my M&S last night so I won't be doing any of that tonight. I do have to color, wash and treat it tomorrow after church however.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@faithVA
I don't have it in front of me either but I think it would depend on the consistency you are ultimately looking for and measure out your ratios of Type4 to Oil (of choice).

I would think Castor, Olive or something like that would make it heavier/oilier and something like Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, Rice Bran, Hemp Seed, Pure Argan, Vitamin E would make it somewhat lighter and less oily.

What are your thoughts?

faithVA

@faithVA
I don't have it in front of me either but I think it would depend on the consistency you are ultimately looking for and measure out your ratios of Type4 to Oil (of choice).

I would think Castor, Olive or something like that would make it heavier/oilier and something like Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, Rice Bran, Hemp Seed, Pure Argan, Vitamin E would make it somewhat lighter and less oily.

What are your thoughts?
Didn't see this before I posted. You are right about the oils. I think I should go with a lighter oil.

I have enough of it that I can do both.

Aggie

Sunday after church:

Prepoo - NG Rose Clay Mask mixed with evoo and avg
Rinse - Creme of Nature ACV Clarifying Rinse
Shampoo - Joico Moisture recovery Shampoo
Protein DC - Amika Triple Rx Mask
Moisture DC - Kerastase Chroma Riche mixed in with Kerastase Oleo-Relax Mask
Leave-in - Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey
M/S - Much later with Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer sealed with a combination of Nairobi Vita-Sheen Hairdress and Shea Butter

Aggie

Today I only did a quick wash with some Be Natural Hydrating shampoo, FC Rose Clay Conditioner, gelled it up with my Pro Gel and slick it back in one ponytail using Keracare Edge Tamer. It is very short again after my hair cut on Friday past but it's healthy, thank God.

Aggie

This weekend I will be doing a full wash day. I'll save my color for after Christmas Day so I'll have to wear full wigs until then.

Here's my regimen:

-Prepoo - NG Rose Clay Conditioner
-Rinse with Creme of nature Apple Cider Vinegar
-Shampoo Joico Moisture Recovery
-Protein Treatment - Amika Triple Rx Mask
-Moisture Treatment - a combination of Kerastase Chroma Riche and Kerastase Olea-Relax Conditioners
-Leave-in - Redken Extreme Anti-Snap
-M/S later with Dudley's Moisture Retainer
and sealed with BM Grease/Shea Butter mix.