2019 Oil Butter Grease Creme Pomade Lotion Challenge

faithVA

Last week I sealed with MHC Type 4 hair cream. I took my twist down yesterday and my hair still felt moisturized which is a good sign. I melted 1/4 cup of the hair cream and added 4 tbsp of olive oil. I like the consistency better. I will try sealing with it the next time I do twists.

Aggie

Used avg and evoo in my prepoo tonight. I added them to some NG Rose Clay Mask and left in for about 10 minutes and my hair detangled like a breeze. My hair is behaving lately so I must be doing something right.

Lissa0821

I did diagonal parts for my mini twists (suggestion I saw on youtube) and I love it. My hair is fine and look a little spacey with the brick method for the first few days. This method allowed me to twist my hair faster because I could grab pieces of hair instead of making parts. My hair overall appearance filled in really nicely.

faithVA

I did diagonal parts for my mini twists (suggestion I saw on youtube) and I love it. My hair is fine and look a little spacey with the brick method for the first few days. This method allowed me to twist my hair faster because I could grab pieces of hair instead of making parts. My hair overall appearance filled in really nicely.
Sounds nice. Do you remember who suggested it?

Aggie

I just whipped a new batch of shea butter -no melting - using Aloe Vera Gel, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, brahmi oil, peppermint, lavender, and rosemary essential oils and a little of my diy coffee oil.

I eye-balled everything and it came out wonderfully and feathery soft and fluffy. Plus it smells good too. Now I don't have to melt it anymore.

I think I will make another batch solely for my skin using Avocado oil mixed with Ylang Ylang essential oil for a feminine perfume smell. I ordered my avocado oil last week and it's not here yet so I have to wait maybe another week to receive it.

Aggie

Used my diy shea butter to seal my ends that were made hard by my protein deep conditioner earlier today. My hair feels alot better, thank God.

Last edited: