2019 Steaming For Moisturized And Healthy Hair!

Rozlewis

Hi Ladies,

The beginning of a New Year gives us an opportunity to refocus and set new goals. If you desire to retain moisture, increase length and reduce breakage you should join us. Steam treatments have many benefits and can help you better manage your new growth which results in easier detangling sessions with soft shiny hair.

This is where you want to be!

The New Year is fast approaching so don’t let it go by without realizing the many benefits of steaming your hair. I am ready to steam my way through the New Year. Will you join?

To join please post...

1. How often you will steam?
2. What method are you using to steam?
3. What products will you steam with?

Please check in periodically and let us know what kind of progress you are making as you steam your way through this year.

The benefits of steaming include:

1. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!!
2. Increased Shine
3. Increased manageability of new growth
4. Softer hair
5. Less hair breakage
6. Decrease in dandruff caused by dry scalp
7. Easier detangling

Happy New Year and Happy Steaming!

Black Ambrosia

I think I’m in. My hair is braided down and I’m wearing a wig. Is there a benefit to steaming while the hair is braided? My hair tends to be dry in braids and I’m hoping this will help but I’m wondering if it won’t be effective because of the braids. Ideally I’d like my hair to be moisturized and my scalp to be less dry. If it helps with detangling when I come out of braids then that’s even better.

abioni

I can't answer the steaming question as I don't have a steamer but I will recommend a braid spray with glycerin like African Royale braid spray. It keeps the hair very moisturized even if you don't spray everyday.

I think I’m in. My hair is braided down and I’m wearing a wig. Is there a benefit to steaming while the hair is braided? My hair tends to be dry in braids and I’m hoping this will help but I’m wondering if it won’t be effective because of the braids. Ideally I’d like my hair to be moisturized and my scalp to be less dry. If it helps with detangling when I come out of braids then that’s even better.

Black Ambrosia

I can't answer the steaming question as I don't have a steamer but I will recommend a braid spray with glycerin like African Royale braid spray. It keeps the hair very moisturized even if you don't spray everyday.
Thanks. I probably have enough sprays and oils to get the job done but like the PJ I am I’ll check this one out. My issue is I haven’t found the right balance. It’s either applied too often resulting in build up or it’s not applied often enough resulting in dry hair. I was hoping that steaming would give me moisturized hair without build up.

Karmi

I think I'll join this challenge.
  • I only have a travel hand held steamer.
  • I plan to use it weekly or every other week.
  • I'm using a hand held steamer to help detangle my hair before I wash out the deep conditioner. I have low porosity hair, the warm steam helps to melt the tangles away.
I steamed my hair with the soultanicals afrotastic curl elastic deep conditioner. My hair detangled so easily.

NICOLETHENUMBERONE

LCL ProSeries 1037-A Dual Steamer from SalonsRUs

@NICOLETHENUMBERONE
Oh wow. You got the real deal.

Look, ladies Kiss Red Pro at House of Beauty is charging $63.96 at the House of Beauty site if you use their 20% off code. But from looking at YouTube videos, this has gone up in price because of popularity? over the last two years.

BUT, the steamer above is larger, has a timer and if my recollection is correct, there are two buttons to allow deeper penetration of the hair. I can only go by the reviews I read and have watched as I don't own a steamer. If anyone is interested in a professional steamer, it may be worth it especially for only $40-$50 more.

LCLProSeries 1037-A Dual Steamer from SalonsRUs

Last edited:

guyaneseyankee