2019 Twist, Braid, Bun Challenge - No Hiding Your Hair

faithVA

I finally rinsed out my DC but I couldn't bring myself to spend 2 hours putting in 2 strand twists. So I just put in flat twist towards the crown. It was fast and painless. I will wear these until next Sunday and start all over again. I'm feely pretty lazy so it will probably be flat twist until I feel like investing time for 2 strands.

faithVA

I have my hair in afew bantu knots right now. I need to find the motivation to finish my hair tonight. Going to stick to flat twist for now until I feel energetic enough to install 2 strands.

blazingbeauty

I’ve been sticking to the challenge. Last 4 weeks, I wore twists in a bun, now I’m going to rock a goddess flat twist bun style. I’ve been thinking of adding a new protective style to my rotation that I saw on YT, but my current go-to’s have been treating me well and look cute sooo we’ll see.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I quickly gave up on the blow drying routine and went back to two-strand twists. I always wear my twists up, this week in a side bun.

faithVA

I bought some Carol's Daughter Styling Lotion and trying a flat twist out tomorrow before I wash and restyle.

I thought I would wear a different flat twist style each week but I'm feeling a bit lazy. Need to figure out a style for next week.

faithVA

Decided to skip wash day. I took down my twist, added a little water, braid spray and oil to each section and twisted it back up. I tried a new style but it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I added some bangs and pinned the back up to make it wearable.

Earlier during the day I thought I would shampoo and put in 2 strands but that whim passed :lol:

I took some pics I will try to upload them tomorrow.

charmtreese

Is anyone washing their twist? If so, how are you combating frizz? It’s taking me longer to twist my hair, and I would like to push back taking my twist down to once every 3 weeks instead of redoing them every two weeks. I’ve experimented With just lightly running water through my edges in the shower and kind of a wet hands run through scalp and twists rinse, but I would really like to add a co-wash or oil rinse while my hair is still twisted.

snoop

Is anyone washing their twist? If so, how are you combating frizz? It’s taking me longer to twist my hair, and I would like to push back taking my twist down to once every 3 weeks instead of redoing them every two weeks. I’ve experimented With just lightly running water through my edges in the shower and kind of a wet hands run through scalp and twists rinse, but I would really like to add a co-wash or oil rinse while my hair is still twisted.

I've just accepted that they will frizz then refresh them every other week. During the second week, however, I wear them in braided or twisted styles. For example, I might braid them into a single French braid. I will (lightly) sprayed before bed, then tie them with a scarf. This will compress the frizzies by morning.

blazingbeauty

I agree with @snoop

I’ll also use an alcohol free hairspray if I need extra hold, but generally water is enough to reactivate the gel in my hair.

faithVA

I tried something similar to this style tonight.

5FlatTwist.jpg

It didn't quite come out like this. I ended up doing 3 twist on each side of the center twist. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I feel sort of dudish when I wear my twist straight back.

I may snap a picture tomorrow. I may also try it again and see if I can get the 5 twist down.

Alta Angel

I finally installed my minitwists. I twisted on my way to Dublin, on the way back from Dublin and for 2.5 more hours once I got home! They are cute, but it gets harder to do as my hair grows longer. I have been wearing buns for over a month due to sheer laziness.

faithVA

Finally washed after about 10 days. Just did my usual flat twists toward the crown. I actually sat under the dryer for a change.

I can't quite figure out what I want to do with my hair.

periwinklepeach

I'm interested in trying this. Have always been too lazy to invest the initial time it takes to twist. Indigenous strandz on YouTube has me strongly considering this style for the rest of the winter and perhaps further into the year in 2020.

faithVA

Whatever I did last week worked. My hair was still moisturized when I took it down yesterday. Now to see if I can repeat it.

Since my hair felt good, I didn't shampoo. I took the twist down, remoisturized with Carol's Daughter Styling foam and put it back up into twist.

I'm going to straighten next weekend but I hope I can repeat whatever I did last week when I'm ready to retwist.