2019 Vitamin Challenge

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I was going to tag you if you didn't get in here sooner or later. :) Welcome!
Thanks alot for thinking of me.

Here is what I've been taking over the past few weeks:
Silica, MSM, women's multi and biotin. I feel like I'm benefiting for sure. My skin looks good.

1. Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve (or other goal that you wish to achieve)

I am full WL and hope to reach HL in 2019. I hope to achieve faster growing hair because I've coveted long hair ALL MY LIFE.

2. Any of the vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of your hair (or body in general)

For hair and general health, but mainly for hair, hair and more hair. I'm a little greedy.
3.) How long you intend to take the vitamins for
Until I die.

Will post starting pic on the 21st of December. Thanks OP!

20181205_200717.jpg 20181205_200857.jpg 20181205_200822.jpg 20181205_200934.jpg 20181205_200951.jpg

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed That Swanson’s Bamboo extract is the truth..I take 2 a day..You really get your money’s worth..

“Your hair will grow way beyond HL..I’m cheering for you..

Happy Hair Growing!
Woo hoo!! I needed that boost, thanks. I also take two as you can tell. I started off taking one and thought let's "kick it up a notch." You just really ampt up my anticipation/excitement for the bamboo silica now. Lol

Lita

Woo hoo!! I needed that boost, thanks. I also take two as you can tell. I started off taking one and thought let's "kick it up a notch." You just really ampt up my anticipation/excitement for the bamboo silica now. Lol

@I Am So Blessed Awwww Your Welcome:fairy:I have taken many bamboo tablets,capsules & liquids,but the 2 best capsules I have ever taken “Swanson’s & Solaray” you notice a difference quick..Make sure you drink plenty fluids & every other weekend don’t take them just to give your kidneys a break..

Happy Hair Growing!

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
@I Am So Blessed Awwww Your Welcome:fairy:I have taken many bamboo tablets,capsules & liquids,but the 2 best capsules I have ever taken “Swanson’s & Solaray” you notice a difference quick..Make sure you drink plenty fluids & every other weekend don’t take them just to give your kidneys a break..

Happy Hair Growing!

Great tips. I abandoned my vitamins for a few months in order to give my body a break, and I think I may have gone a bit too long because my hair is noticeably thinner. I will definitely go for the weekend breaks instead.

LonDone

PS May 2017-???
Does the powder MSM have a taste and/or odor?

@5_Years_To_WL - the powder is highly highly bitter - I bought a large tub to save $ but after one use had to throw that stuff away! I find the tablets huge to swallow. The CAPSULES are what I would recommend, and have been taking last few years. Doctor's Best capsules are amongst the cheapest branded MSM. HTH! x

ps. No odour to the powder. Just that frickin' bitteryness lol.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

Happy Hair Growing!
Oh! Ok I better skip taking them tomorrow and resume on Saturday. Thanks again.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
They must be delicious if your son keeps eating them.

I have been wanting to try some delicious vitamins like Sugar Bear hair or the Mielle Gummy Vitamins, but can never get myself to click the order button. . Assuming that the vitamins you have are also gummy vitamins, do you find that they are as effective as pills ?
Hmm, good question. I haven’t been taking them long enough to notice a difference. It think the pills are more effective because it’s less sugar, but the gummies just taste better lol.

I took Sugar Bear for at least 6 months, I posted that I had a definite abundance of body hair. These are my 6 months results, during at least of which I was on those vitamins if I'm not mistaken. I only stopped because I stopped vitamins altogether at one point, then wanted to go back to something a bit more cost efficient. I was very unsure if they gave me results incredible enough to justify the price, plus I did not feel good about supporting Kim K.

But goodness they tasted good. I'm now taking the Alive Women's multi, plus liquid biotin. Hopefully my next comparison shows as much growth as more.

6months.png

Alma Petra

1.) Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve (or other goal that you wish to achieve)
I have highly layered hair with the longest layers at APL.
I hope to reach BSL with my longest layers by the end of 2019, and to achieve comparable growth in the other parts of my head.

2.) Any of the vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of your hair (or body in general)
MSM 3000 mg daily
Silica 630 mg daily
Chlorella & Spirulina 1500 mg daily
Vit D 100,000 IU monthly
I have iron too which I still haven't decided how much of to use. I'll need to re-test my ferritin levels first I guess.

For the whole year, then assess the results.

LushLox

I’ve been taking Sugar Bear Hair for about six months. I’ve gotten good result from it and I intend to take it throughout 2019. It’s expensive so I won’t be using many other supplements except the plant based super blend which has also done wonders also. Those two products on their own are expensive enough!

I’m just past APL and hope to be BSL by year end

Soaring Eagle

I’ve been taking Sugar Bear Hair for about six months. I’ve gotten good result from it and I intend to take it throughout 2019. It’s expensive so I won’t be using many other supplements except the plant based super blend which has also done wonders also. Those two products on their own are expensive enough!

I’m just past APL and hope to be BSL by year end
Welcome! I am confident that you will get to your goal.

Soaring Eagle

1.) Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve (or other goal that you wish to achieve)
I have highly layered hair with the longest layers at APL.
I hope to reach BSL with my longest layers by the end of 2019, and to achieve comparable growth in the other parts of my head.

2.) Any of the vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of your hair (or body in general)
MSM 3000 mg daily
Silica 630 mg daily
Chlorella & Spirulina 1500 mg daily
Vit D 100,000 IU monthly
I have iron too which I still haven't decided how much of to use. I'll need to re-test my ferritin levels first I guess.

For the whole year, then assess the results.
Welcome! Welcome! Please do keep us informed as to how its all working for you.

Aggie

Need some more MSM tabs...I'm in. This has been very useful in extending my hair's growth cycle so I will be purchasing some more of this one.

I do like Beautiful Bamboo and Manetabolism Hair Vitamins. I have 2 bottles each in my stash so will need to replenish those soon as well.

I believe I have some silica and biotin so those are also a part of my vitamin use for this challenge.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I would love to join! Just received my 6 boxes of Nioxin.

I am MBL and would love to be Whip by Dec 2019.

Morning

• Nioxin for hair growth
  • Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg for heart support
  • MSM 500 mg for joint support
  • Vitamin D 1,000 U for low levels
  • Probiotic for gut support
  • Kava Kava/5-HTP/Valerian Root for anxiety (trialing each for a month and monitoring effects)
Evening
  • One A Day Plus Healthy Skin Support for skin
  • Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg for heart support
  • MSM 500 mg for joint support
  • Vitamin D 1,000 U for low levels
  • Probiotic for gut support
  • Kava Kava/5-HTP/Valerian Root for anxiety (trialing each for a month and monitoring effects)

Dec 2019

blackgurll

Coming off baby #2 and extended nursing that I'm just wrapping up, my hair is pitifully thin.

I just got a serious trim and now I'm working with anywhere from 3-6 inches, depending on where I measure.

1. Prenatals- at least to finish up the stash I have, which is a few months' worth if I take it at half dose.
  2. Vitamin D3 - 2000 IU
  3. Viviscal Extra Strength- starting with one a day but will up it to two after a month
  4. Amazing Grass Green Superfood Capsules - Never had it before but I will not take the recommended 5 a day. 2 will have to do.
  5. Omega 3 Fish Oil capsules
  6. MSM - 1000mg capsules
  7. Magnesium - taken for health, not hair

Plus the occasional Iron and B50 as needed

3.) How long you intend to take the vitamins for.

For the foreseeable future, though not necessarily in this combination. I might add/drop based on effectiveness or side effects.

Last edited:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Wash n Go - current length is above shoulders. Goal is full wash n go below shoulder length.

Chelated Iron & Zinc (recommended by Cathy Howse “UBH”
• Chlorella 500mg

I intend to take these for life or as long as I can unless I can supplement these through a regular diet like green juicing.

@5_Years_To_WL - the powder is highly highly bitter - I bought a large tub to save $ but after one use had to throw that stuff away! I find the tablets huge to swallow. The CAPSULES are what I would recommend, and have been taking last few years. Doctor's Best capsules are amongst the cheapest branded MSM. HTH! x

ps. No odour to the powder. Just that frickin' bitteryness lol.
Thanks so much for your answer. I cannot do bitter powders or large tablets so I will look into Doctor's Best.

Aggie

Just bought 2 bottles of Jarrow Formulas MSM 1000mg and Now Foods Hyaluronic Acid from vitacost.com.

I am also taking Alive Women's One vitamins, Future Biotics Silica, and Piping Rock's Type I and III Hydrolyzed Collagen - will be taking the latter in the mornings on an empty stomach.

I like Youtheory and Neocell collagen but I'm out of those at the moment.

Aggie

Just realized That I didn't answer any of the startup questions :giggle:

1. Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve (or other goal that you wish to achieve)

I am collar bone length and going ultimately for full APL, maybe a teeny bit longer.

2. Any of the vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of your hair (or body in general)

MSM
Manetabolism
Beautifully Bamboo
Swanson's Bamboo Extract
Future Biotics Super Silica
Type I and III Hydrolyzed Collagen
Vitamin C
Alive Women's Multi

The entire year if all goes well.

Soaring Eagle

What time of the day are you all taking your vitamins? Has anyone gotten better experience taking them in the morning versus the evening , or by taking half in the morning and other later on in the day?

Aggie

What time of the day are you all taking your vitamins? Has anyone gotten better experience taking them in the morning versus the evening , or by taking half in the morning and other later on in the day?
I do a mixture. I take some in the morning and others in the evening. The ones that I can take on an empty stomach like my collagen, I take on an empty stomach upon awakening in the morning. All others I take either throughout the day or in the evening. MSM, I take morning and/or evening with vitamin C.