2019 Vitamin Challenge

blackgurll

AM:
Amazing Greens
Viviscal
Prenatal
MSM
Calcium + Vit D - I often forget to eat my share of Calcium, so, especially before my period, I'll throw in some Calcium + Vit D by pill, yogurt and/or cheese stick.

PM:

Viviscal
Black Currant Oil
Magnesium

Plus the nightly bamboo tea.

blackgurll

@blackgurll How is viviscal working for you?

Happy Hair Growing!

It's probably too early to tell. I've noticed a mild increase in body hair, but that could be because of a number of things I've started the last few weeks. I'll assess around the 3 month mark.
The last time I took Viviscal, starting around the same period post-partum, it took around 2 months before I noticed a real difference.

blackgurll

Ran late this morning, so I took almost everything with lunch:

Prenatal
Fish Oil
MSM
Viviscal
Magnesium.

After dinner: another Viviscal.
I'll try to get some calcium before bed. I've decided to avoid Amazing Greens in the pm, because it seems to keep me from falling asleep when I want to.

Lita

It's probably too early to tell. I've noticed a mild increase in body hair, but that could be because of a number of things I've started the last few weeks. I'll assess around the 3 month mark.
The last time I took Viviscal, starting around the same period post-partum, it took around 2 months before I noticed a real difference.

@blackgurll Thank you..I took Visvical years ago,but I also was doing a number of other things at the same time..I’m thinking about revisiting it again..

Happy Hair Growing!

gforceroy

I am in!
My current length is shoulder length and I just got my first trim for the year.
AM:
NAC
Nature’s Bounty - women’s multivitamin

PM:
NAC
Solgar - hair skin and nails with MSM (no biotin since it breaks me out )

*SkolarStar*

Hi everyone! I definitely want to join this challenge. Right now I’m taking a multivitamin and 1000 mg of Vitamin C.

What vitamins should I add for hair thickness?

Also, why do you take vitamins at different times of the day?

Starting length: Neck (been stuck here since forever; it’s a curse I’ve been trying to break for a very long time)
Goal: Full shoulder. I struggle-struggle with my nape so if you have any tips, please give them.

cocomochaa

I've been sloppy with taking my vits the past week. Yesterday i took all of them though.

Definitely think the biotin has been working though. My body hair is back and the hair around my perimeter is thickening up. I'll get a better idea when i take down this weave I'll def be ordering more !

blackgurll

AM:
msm
amazing greens
viviscal
prenatal

PM:
viviscal
magnesium

Sipping my bamboo tea, too.

One challenge I'm having is drinking enough water. It's been a chore as long as I can remember, but it's so important now that I'm taking all these vitamins. I have these bottled water at my desk that I have a hard time bringing myself to drink. I can trick myself into drinking more if I make tea, but that's just about twice a day.

Last edited:

*SkolarStar*

AM:
msm
amazing greens
viviscal
prenatal

PM:
viviscal
magnesium

Sipping my bamboo tea, too.

One challenge I'm having is drinking enough water. It's been a chore as long as I can remember, but it's so important now that I'm taking all these vitamins. I have these bottled water at my desk that I have a hard time bringing myself to drink. I can trick myself into drinking more if I make tea, but that's just about twice a day.

Would it help if you added lemon?

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Hi everyone! I definitely want to join this challenge. Right now I’m taking a multivitamin and 1000 mg of Vitamin C.

What vitamins should I add for hair thickness?

Also, why do you take vitamins at different times of the day?

Starting length: Neck (been stuck here since forever; it’s a curse I’ve been trying to break for a very long time)
Goal: Full shoulder. I struggle-struggle with my nape so if you have any tips, please give them.

Welcome! Do you mind sharing the ingredients of the multi vitamins you are using, or the name so that we can see what is in there. Wouldn't want to recommend a specific hair vitamin, without knowing what you are currently taking. Taking double to triple the amount of vitamins that you are already getting is not recommended, since most hair vitamins, are multi vitamins in their own right.

I have read that some vitamins and supplements are best absorbed with food, while others absorb best on an empty stomach. Also taking vitamins at different times means it is in your system more than once through out a given day and may increase how much it is absorbed. Most of the vitamins we take are eliminated as waste, so taking them at different times may increase how much they are absorbed. If I am wrong, i am sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me or give more insight.

For your nape, I would suggest keeping it separated from the rest of your hair to eliminate stress to that area.