2019 Wsl Challenge!

Prettyeyes

Many of us are grazing BSL or MBL and WSL is an attainable goal in 2019. But it will take consistency and support.

Let's make this a challenge. I need serious challengers. I must make this goal!

Rules:

1. Update regularly on how things are going preferably at least every two weeks (trims, following your reggie, set backs, successs etc.)

2. Share your regimen: Which products are working for you, any methods you use. Also, which protective styles are you using to reach your goal. If you are using vitamin, supplements or a special diets share this too.

3. Post starting length. Pictures, measurements etc. Pics are preferred at the start of the challenge January 1, 2019.

4. Progress check in at the halfway point June 2019. Pics and measurements.

Happy Hair Growing!

I am currently grazing BSL with 12 inches of hair. Pics coming soon.

Challengers:
Prettyeyes
Soaring Eagle
Tulips4u
Alta angel

Last edited:

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Hey hair twin! Our hair looks similar. What is your regimen?

I will have to come back to this question, since I am just getting back into the swing of things with my hair. But the baggy method was and will continue to be a major part of my regimen. I believe it has contributed to most of my retention.... along with finger detangling.

Tulips4u

I'm grazing BSL as well. I'm not sure if I can fully reach WL by the end of next year. MBL for sure (baby steps)

But I'll definitely lurk in this thread as I do with all the others.

HHG!

Prettyeyes

I just measured my hair! It is 12 inches long and as I said before grazing bsl. I think if I get 6 inches in this next year I will touch wsl! I know with protective styling for example two strand twists, buns, baggying and maybe braids, I can meet my goal. Also, I am sticking to my main staples in addition to one main product line. HHG!

Tulips4u

You might as well join! If you get to MBL that is still great! But I have been in this hair game so long I got to get to wsl
Is it OK if I join this challenge tentatively? I'm not really good with sticking to a challenge. lol

I'll start off with a light trim and box braids beginning in January. Perhaps by June I'll be grazing MBL and then by December I'll hit WL. God willing

Prettyeyes

Is it OK if I join this challenge tentatively? I'm not really good with sticking to a challenge. lol

I'll start off with a light trim and box braids beginning in January. Perhaps by June I'll be grazing MBL and then by December I'll hit WL. God willing
That sounds perfect! I am in two strand twist right now I may keep wearing these for a while.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Rules:

1. Update regularly on how things are going preferably at least every two weeks (trims, following your reggie, set backs, successs etc.)

2. Share your regimen: Which products are working for you, any methods you use. Also, which protective styles are you using to reach your goal. If you are using vitamin, supplements or a special diets share this too.

I wash my hair every 2-3 weeks, and employ the baggy method on a daily basis. I also take hair vitamins.

3. Post starting length. Pictures, measurements etc. Pics are preferred at the start of the challenge January 1, 2019. See below
09B9CF11-84C9-4ABB-BD96-BCC4B8A0F346.jpeg

4. Progress check in at the halfway point June 2019. Pics and measurements.

Last edited:

Karmi

Joining. I'm currently full BSL and determined to make WL this year!

I would have been full MBL by now if i didn't trim 3 inches off over the summer. I've learned from my mistakes and will take better care of my ends in 2019.

I also narrowed down my holy grail product lines, Oyin Handmade and TGIN. Between both those lines I've found my perfect shampoo, cowash, leave in, and hair butter. I'll only deviate from these lines when I use gels for WnGs.

Took pics of my hair last night after washing and towel drying. I'm happy with the health of my hair. Just need to maintain growth.
IMG_2392.JPG

Prettyeyes

Joining. I'm currently full BSL and determined to make WL this year!

I would have been full MBL by now if i didn't trim 3 inches off over the summer. I've learned from my mistakes and will take better care of my ends in 2019.

I also narrowed down my holy grail product lines, Oyin Handmade and TGIN. Between both those lines I've found my perfect shampoo, cowash, leave in, and hair butter. I'll only deviate from these lines when I use gels for WnGs.

Took pics of my hair last night after washing and towel drying. I'm happy with the health of my hair. Just need to maintain growth.
View attachment 439275
Looks great! Welcome! I also have a one product line or two in your case that you could join so we can keep track if our products are working!

ckisland

I want to join!! I've never reached WL and I want it in 2019 :yay:. I've been playing around with my regimen for the past 4 weeks (I'll keep working on it before Jan 1st rolls around), and I think I have a solid plan!

Products:
White vinegar (I actually like it more than ACV)
AVJ
Coconut+Olive+Sweet Almond oils
Honey
Coconut Milk
Banana
Flaxseed Gel

Regimen:
Wash 1x week with very warm water or WV
DC for 30mins-1 hr with coconut milk or banana
Moisturize by spritzing AVJ and sealing lightly with oil mix
Style by putting hair in twists with curls on the ends, and wear in a bun, French braid, or halo twist

I've figured out that my hair loves a minimal amount of product, and that I can't do oil rinses :nono:. I haven't been able to wear a protective style for more than 3 days without it looking crazy. I need to figure out how to refresh my hair and transition to another style while losing as little hair as possible.

Current measurements:
Nape- 10in
Crown - 10-12in
Sides- 8-9in

I'll try to get some length shot pics Christmas Eve and those will be my starting pics :up::up:

Prettyeyes

I want to join!! I've never reached WL and I want it in 2019 :yay:. I've been playing around with my regimen for the past 4 weeks (I'll keep working on it before Jan 1st rolls around), and I think I have a solid plan!

Products:
White vinegar (I actually like it more than ACV)
AVJ
Coconut+Olive+Sweet Almond oils
Honey
Coconut Milk
Banana
Flaxseed Gel

Regimen:
Wash 1x week with very warm water or WV
DC for 30mins-1 hr with coconut milk or banana
Moisturize by spritzing AVJ and sealing lightly with oil mix
Style by putting hair in twists with curls on the ends, and wear in a bun, French braid, or halo twist

I've figured out that my hair loves a minimal amount of product, and that I can't do oil rinses :nono:. I haven't been able to wear a protective style for more than 3 days without it looking crazy. I need to figure out how to refresh my hair and transition to another style while losing as little hair as possible.

Current measurements:
Nape- 10in
Crown - 10-12in
Sides- 8-9in

I'll try to get some length shot pics Christmas Eve and those will be my starting pics :up::up:
I can’t wait to see pics!

blazingbeauty

I’m in!

Hair Profile:
Type 4 (4a & b with “frizz”/breakage); normal-high porosity; natural

Starting Lengths:

Sides & Back (~50%) : 14 & 15 inches
(W shaped at the moment)
Front/Canopy (~50%): 11 & 12 inches

My Normal Routine: Wash Day/2 Weeks
(~1.5-2 Hr):

Gently Detangle (Fingers/Seamless Comb)
Shampoo & Condition in Twists
M&S (LCG/LCB ) -> Air Dry & Stretch
Protective Style for the Week (Next Day)
Aphogee 2 Step Treatments Every 8 Weeks
**Same old, same old**

My Normal Weekly Maintenance:

M&S 1x-2x per week; Spritz as Needed
Satin Bonnet/Scarf Nightly
Refresh PS - end of week
**Same old, same old**

Miscellaneous:
1. Continue to avoid heat, Kanekalon lol
2. Continue to avoid high manipulation/harsh protective styles like mini twists + braid extensions
3. Continue to limit manipulation (wash day every 2 weeks, M&S 1-2x a week; refresh style 1x a week)

New Additions/Improvements:
1. Must Alternate Protective Styles to Avoid Constant Tension/Friction in one spot
2. MUST Deep Condition: 20 min w/ Heat
(Usually I just quickly condition with a rinse out, but want to jumpstart retention in the areas of breakage I have from wearing only low twist buns etc)
3. Satin Scrunchies vs Regular Hair Ties
4. Keep up Protein Rx Schedule (I slacked off; committing to Rx every 8 weeks)
5. Trim/Dust in June &/or Dec 2019
(Trimmed Last week of November)
6. Seal with Shea Butter Mix
7. BE GENTLE: always spritz hair before
manipulating it; comb & finger detangle as
gently as possible

Last edited:

MizzBFly

Stylist did an extreme cut to my perimeter to match the length from small patch in the middle I cut intentionally. Which was 2- 3 inches, half of my 2018... I was a bit teed but healthier ends prevailed:cool:
Regimen
I’ll continue to mini twist for sure
Washing schedule is up in the air currently
I have to chew on my 2019 hair schedule and be back with current pics. This is from July 2018 blow out/ flat iron
2C574599-3EC6-4F1E-94B3-A0CDB88F8FBF.jpeg 35DFED5F-6685-48FC-9C45-43C6F4ACF8F5.jpeg DBE89DA1-D959-4298-8D75-1E1B3763E300.jpeg