2020-2021 Pre Poo Challenge

KenyafromCT

@Nichelle_jb
Are you back to Steamin' yet?:brainfog:
I began pre-pooing with my hair steamer about 2 months ago. I will also apply my onion/garlic/cayenne powder rinse to my scalp along with my pre-poo. My pre-poo’ are often random concoctions. This week was fresh aloe gel with diy flax seed oil. I sat under the steamer for 40 minutes.

Last wash day was random conditioners, diy herb oil, oregano water(I make it too). I think no matter which mixture I use? They all work because steaming is just a game changer.

VictoriousBrownFlower

i prepooed for 30 min with a concoction of honey coconut cream banana avocado aloe vera a lil shea moisture manuka honey and mafura and bentonite clay... i used my new ion hard hat dryer to prepoo and dc today... my hair came out great. its now in a bun and ready to go for tomorrow when i go out.

KenyafromCT

I would. Chebe if I understand correctly helps strengthen your hair. Helps prevent breakage. I’ve been using it consistently for over a month or so and I see improvement. I have very fine 4a (tiny pen spring curls/coils) fragile hair. It’s a keeper for me.
Ok. I think I may step into the chebe arena! I’m wondering how it will be for my single strand and fairy knots. Which brand are you using. How are you using it? Apply it and leave it for how long?

KenyafromCT

All my Chebe products are from Negesbanda. I be leaving stuff on forever because I forget :giggle:. So I would follow the product instructions
Lolol. Okay! That is too funny. I get lazy. I oiled my hair on Tuesday and left it on for 6 hours! do you notice less fairy knots using the chebe?

HealthyHair2020

Someone just posted some pics of Melanin hair care bottles in one of my FB groups. I haven’t seen it anywhere. Would you recommend it?
Which bottle? The cream?

I would recommend all of the products tbh as they've worked really well for my hair. The cream is a bit heavy but you don't need a lot of it for your hair to be moisturized.

awhyley

Used Negesbanda Chebe Pre Poo

Gat some on right now. :yep: (I'm sure I'm not following instructions, but I have on a shower cap and am leaving this on for a few hours for sure).

Ok. I think I may step into the chebe arena! I’m wondering how it will be for my single strand and fairy knots. Which brand are you using. How are you using it? Apply it and leave it for how long?

Yes, please do. The pre-poo has so much slip, I love it.