2020-2021 Pre Poo Challenge

Wenbev

prepoo today with the last of the old formula joico moisture recovery treatment balm:cry4: and castor oil on wet hair.

how do you all prepoo? on wet or dry hair? I've always done on dry hair but trying wet today just bc.

Nichelle_jb

prepoo today with the last of the old formula joico moisture recovery treatment balm:cry4: and castor oil on wet hair.

how do you all prepoo? on wet or dry hair? I've always done on dry hair but trying wet today just bc.
I always pre-poo on wet hair. I have never thought about doing on dry hair. Maybe because it is easier to spread my pre-poo?

Wenbev

@Wenbev
Both, but normally on dry Hair. Please lemme know your thoughts on wet?

*sheds a tear for the old Joi.co MRTB with and for all the Joi.co lovers*:cry3:
I cant even bring myself to try that new ish that has the gall to replace my love.

I'm doing it a couple more times wet and back to dry to confirm results. But I definitely liked it. What I noticed:
used far less product on wet hair
product appeared to melt into hair immediately, instead of on dry where it sits on top until heat/baggie is used
hair rinsed easier than normal
so well conditioned, I almost didn't dc after
hair very moisturized or at least gave the impression of more moisture
after rinsing dc and applying leave-ins, I felt my hair took longer to dry than usual

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
what were your thoughts on dry vs wet?

my hair still feels quite moisturized. Im going to prepoo on wet again to see if I net the same results
@Wenbev
Since I usually try to do it overnight, so dry worked for me because my hair isn't wet/damp making it annoying to sleep. (Although admittedly, you do use more product).

Normally, when I do it on wet/damp hair - I am only doing it several hours and not overnight.

Both seem to work for me, but I plan to play around with both options as well.

Wenbev

Im also an overnighter prepoo person. But since I've been staying home, I figured why not do this during the day and leave my nights for not feeling squishy hair lol

I do like the wet and I only prepoo'd for roughly five hours baggied no heat. I'm going to try tomor and see how it goes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
But since I've been staying home, I figured why not do this during the day and leave my nights for not feeling squishy hair lol

Good idea. I had a similar thought the last time I did a Henna treatment. I did it during the day instead of overnight.
@Wenbev and @Nichelle_jb
Good Idea Ladies!:2inlove:....:goodpost:

Especially since I moved my Wash Day currently to Mondays

Wenbev

prepoo today with kara.tase magistral for six hours on wet hair and baggied. hair did not feel as smooth and moisturized at rinse out as last prepoo with joico/castor mix :( will try again making sure I add castor oil to prepoo mix

Last edited:

Wenbev

prepoo all day today with the last of keratas.e magistral with castor oil on wet hair. Rona has me rethinking super expensive hair products, will not repurchase the keratas.e at this time. This thinking led me to purchasing the new dov.e line which so far the leave in is pretty nice. Will try their mask as a prepoo on next wash/cowash day