2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Jade Feria

It has been a while since my last DC, so my hair was a tangled, almost matted hot mess. Yesterday I clarified with Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo (I was scared to do this while my hair was tangled, but I knew I needed to clarify). I DC'ed with APB Honey Molasses Conditioning Treatment. Magical. I've yet to use a DC from APB that doesn't perform well. Super moisturizing, softening, detangling.

gemruby41

Dcing on dry hair with Extentioniste mask. A little truly goes a long way. I used maybe 10ml on my whole head

Shampoo: Extentioniste

Conditioner: Curl ideal cleansing conditioner

Final rinse: acv

Eta I may need to lather twice. My scalp is oily and it never seems to get squeaky clean.

Eta still wasn't squeaky after 2 lathers and an acv rinse
How do you like the Extentioniste mask? How is it compared to the Therapiste mask?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How do you like the Extentioniste mask? How is it compared to the Therapiste mask?
Nothing is like Therapiste... Extentioniste is ok, but it doesn't wow me. I guess my hair is stronger though since I started using it. I have a Therapiste sample that I plan to use next wash day before my trim. I only have 1 or 2 more uses in my jar. I don't know if I'll repurchase it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I prepood with Extentioniste mask and cowashed with Curl Ideal cleansing conditioner. The shed hairs just slid out. Wash day was easy as pie. It took almost 2 weeks for my hair to recover from the drunken pool incident :giggle:

gemruby41

Nothing is like Therapiste... Extentioniste is ok, but it doesn't wow me. I guess my hair is stronger though since I started using it. I have a Therapiste sample that I plan to use next wash day before my trim. I only have 1 or 2 more uses in my jar. I don't know if I'll repurchase it.
Thanks, I have the Therapiste line that I really like. I'm thinking of getting the Curl Ideal cleansing conditioner. Does it give your hair slip?

Rozlewis

This is bae!!! Have you found anything else that compares to this?

I like thick deep conditioners and Naturelle Grow's DC's have been doing the trick for me. I have a ahugre product stash and had purchased about 12 of the Vanilla Silk DC's some time ago.

gorgeoushair

I like thick deep conditioners and Naturelle Grow's DC's have been doing the trick for me. I have a ahugre product stash and had purchased about 12 of the Vanilla Silk DC's some time ago.

I like thick DCs too! I have some of Naturellegrow Grow DCs and they are good but I don't know if I would say they're dupes for VS. Luckily I still have some.

Rozlewis

DC'ing with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Moisture Cream on one side and The Hair Garden's Mango Punch on the other. My first time trying The Hair Garden. It went on so smooth and has tons of slip.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Wash day is here again. I think I'll just wash and dc the old school way today. With a plastic cap under the dryer. My ends need some love. I'll shampoo with Extentioniste and dc with Therapiste.

I think I'll dust my ends too. I may end up taking off up to an inch in some places.

PlanetCybertron

Going to try and setup a proper DC day. More than likely will procrastinate doing it, but tomorrow is one of my off days, so I can actually try. I’m going to try and make it a thorough wash day since my scalp is getting irritated again.

Gonna keep it simple and do:

1-2 hour Shea Butter treatment (sort of a pre-pop treatment)

Lemon juice, Diluted shampoo, mixed with some medicated face,scalp, and skin ointment, and just do a gentle scrub

HE HH mixed with some drops of Shea oil I have laying around here, sit under heating cap for 15 mins. (Moisture)

SM JBCO 15 mins under heating cap (Protein)

Leave In of choice, and Seal the last 5-6 inches with Shea Butter.

We will see how well I hold up to these plans.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair smells so good!! I just washed with Extentioniste shampoo. (Prepood with Vo5 raspberry) Then I deep conditioned with Maskeratine under the dryer. Hopefully my split ends are fused together and on their best behavior until I can trim...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prepoo: Vo5 Raspberry
Shampoo: Dove scalp care mint
Dc: Extentioniste (used the last of it)
Serum: Chi silk infusion

My hair is fluffy and fabulous. I blow dried and bumped my ends... it smells nice too. I think I really got my hair clean this time too. I gotta start shampooing more.