2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

CurlyWhoCrux

Hi Ladies.

I’m still in this challenge. Over the summer I didn’t deep condition regularly like I wanted to just because I was filming many days and just pretty busy. I did dc a few times but there was never anything to write home about.

Recently have been dc’ing more regularly and with heat. I’ve been using the Aussie deep conditioner. Or whatever conditioner I have on hand. I think the heat is more important than the DC itself. Also working the dc in well before I sit under my soft hooded dryer.

Knowing I have the ability to use heat while dc’ing gives me more motivation to dc because I know it’ll be effective.

faithVA

Cowashed Friday night and then applied Kerastase MasqueIntense. I let that stay in until Saturday after working out. I then rinsed and reapplied it. I let that stay in until this afternoon when I rinsed and styled my hair.

GGsKin

On Saturday after henna, I cowashed and then DCd with Aubrey Organics White Camelia. I twisted my hair up and added TMC Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic...etc on top. I used heat and then left it overnight out of laziness. I let it dry out before rinsing on Sunday.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Overnight:
APB's Ayurvedic Mud Mask

Under Dryer:
TMC Green Tea & Carrot Restorative Hair Mask

Under Steamer:
APB's Ultra Conditioning Souffle

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
First, I drenched my ends in coconut oil. Next, I washed with Chi black seed oil shampoo. I rinsed with Roux porosity control. Now I'm under the dryer with Not your mother's blond moment. It's supposed to neutralize the brassiness in my hair. I may just blow dry and call it a night.

Aggie

This morning I poured some of my herbal tea rinse on my scalp and hair while I showered.

My routine for tonight and tomorrow:

-I decided to detox my hair and scalp tonight withJMoniquesNaturals Dead Sea Mud Hair Mask overnight tonight.
-I will shampoo in the morning with Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo,
-Henna my hair

-Olaplex steps #1 through 5
-Deep Condition with a combination of Natur Growth Cayena Wood and Castor Argan mixed with a little NG Rose Clay DC for softness.

-Leave-in with SSI Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail
-Heavy seal later with Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Moisturizer, Shea Butter and Grease
-Scalp massage with Follicle Care Bambu Scalp Drops and jbco.

faithVA

Deep conditioned with Mane Choice Type 4 Mask. I didn't use heat. I wore a plastic cap, a metallic cap and a wrap for a little over an hour. I need to find the gel pack for my heat cap.

Next week I will start earlier so I can deep condition longer.

CurlyWhoCrux

Currently sitting under my soft hooded dryer DC’ing with the Agave hair mask from Maui Moisture.

The first time I used this I did not like it (like all MM products I’ve tried so far). But I also applied it to wet hair in the shower. The directions say apply it to damp hair. But then the very next line says you can use the steam from the shower for an intense treatment so I thought that meant it could be applied to wet hair.

Tonight I applied it out of the shower on damp hair and I could tell immediately that it worked better on damp hair. With wet hair it immediately made my hair hard and slightly tangly. On damp hair it applied better and my curls were kind of defined. I will say on damp hair the product just seems to sit on my hair. So I’m excited to see it after being under the dryer.

faithVA

Rinsed out the Kerastase this morning and applied the TGIN mask and twisted my hair up. Before bed I rewet my hair without taking the twist out. I took down each twist and reapplied the TGIN mask and twisted it back up. I guess I will rinse it out tomorrow night and style it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm doing an overnight coconut oil treatment on my hair and scalp. I massaged a few drops of rosemary oil too. I'll shampoo and dc tomorrow.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed with Dove scalp care shampoo and conditioned in shower with Not Your Mother's blond moment. My hair feels so goodt. It looks nice too. I'll be bunning daily for work this week. I'm ready. Dif bun everyday