2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I ended up washing my hair and deep conditioning 2 days ago. The detangling process was painless. My blow dry was quick and easy. I used Blonde Moment conditioner and Kerastase Chroma something. I can’t remember the name. I was under the dryer for 20 minutes. I plan on washing again in the next week or 2. #momlife

Aggie

Whoa, I have not posted in here in a while. I did Deep Condition this week using Follicle Care Cayena Wood mixed with NG Rose Clay DC for a balance of both protein and moisture. My hair is happy

Jade Feria

My last DC of the year was yesterday - a mixture of APB Garlic Conditioner, NG Marshmallow Root, and some honey. I applied it on my dry hair and left it on with a plastic cap for about 4-5 hours while I did stuff around the house. Followed up with Curl Origin's Hydrating Leave-In and my Shea butter mix, and put it in a bun.

Next year, I will continue with this challenge! I will DC 1x2 times per week in the winter as usual, and 1x per week otherwise.

I've never been consistent with conditioning, but I'd like to try. I have a years supply of CC Naturals moisturizer/conditioners, can I use these?
The conditioners, you can use.

CurlyWhoCrux

I will try harder to stay on track and DC more this year. I either fall off if I don’t have a reliable heat source or reliable access to deep conditioners. I prefer buying on the ground so I’ll have to make greater efforts to get out and buy some DCs. Also I need a new blow dryer.

naturalagain2

Took a break from washing over the past two weeks and wore twists under a scarf then twist outs. Was nice to not worry about washing and chill with the kids over the break. That Shea butter kept my hair moisturized the whole time.

Dc’ing currently with Shea Moisture Manuka Masque under the dryer for 30 mins. Will let it sit for a couple of hours while I do stuff around the house.

blazingbeauty

I’m definitely going to start Deep Conditioning this 2019:

DC w/heat for 20 min every wash day
Aphogee 2 Step Every 8 Weeks

Current Arsenal:
1. Hot Deep Conditioning Cap
2. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey DC
(It’s ok, doesn’t leave my hair soft after
rinsing unless I leave some in)
3. Aphogee 2 Step (staple)

Looking for a Staple:
Will test the following Moisturizing Deep Conditioners this year (new purchase only after using up current DC):
1. Alikay Naturals Honey & Sage DC
2. Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic
3. The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian DC
4. Mielle Organics Mint & Babassu Oil
5. Naturelle Grow Marshmallow DC
6. L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy DC

^let me know if you guys have any better deep conditioner suggestions (preferably black owned)/if this list looks good. I want to limit my staple search to 5/6 products so I can give each product a fair chance. I don’t have a problem with silicones or mineral oil, just drying alcohols (Isopropyl etc)

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

Current Arsenal:

Looking for a Staple:
Will test the following Moisturizing Deep Conditioners this year (new purchase only after using up current DC):
1. L’Oreal Mega Moisture Nurturing DC
4. The Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk DC

^let me know if you guys have any better deep conditioner suggestions (preferably black owned)/if this list looks good. I want to limit my staple search to 5/6 products so I can give each product a fair chance. I don’t have a problem with silicones or mineral oil, just drying alcohols (Isopropyl etc)

Mielle Organics Babbasu oil and mint dc is a great one. I like the Soultanicals one too.

I have Carol's Daughter DC that does nothing for my hair.

naturalyogini

Current Arsenal:

Looking for a Staple:
1. L’Oreal Mega Moisture Nurturing DC
4. The Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk DC

CD Almond DC was horrible on my hair. The rinseout was better .

Prisangela

Im in! I need the reminder to DC weekly/Biweekly.
I DC'd friday with Joico Moisture Recovery.

I plan to switch up every wash day so my hair doesn't get lazy.

blazingbeauty

CD Almond DC was horrible on my hair. The rinseout was better .

Mielle Organics Babbasu oil and mint dc is a great one. I like the Soultanicals one too.

I have Carol's Daughter DC that does nothing for my hair.

The Carol’s Daughter DC is definitely out then. Saved me $15. I’ve heard a lot about the Mielle one so I will edit the list and give it a chance.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My account expired New Year’s Eve... I just renewed today. I cowashed my hair and flat ironed. I love how it feels! I did a Keragen treatment last Thursday. I used vo5 lime clarifying conditioner and Aphogee 2 minute. Heat protectant was the generic chi silk infusion from Sally’s.

blazingbeauty

Quickly washed my hair and did an Aphogee Rx early this morning. Last weekend I deep conditioned with Shea Moisture’s Manuka Honey DC (still just ok, but I’m going to use it up).