2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Aggie

This weekend I will be using Follicle Care Castor Cayena as my Protein DC and Baba de Caracol Treatment as my moisturizing DC.

PlanetCybertron

It’s been a while since I checked in. Haven’t been deep conditioning as much as I’d like, so I just compensate with more cowashing.

My last deep conditioner was earlier this week. I used a Hair Butter mask by OGX. Really like it. Good amounts of slip.

I currently washed my hair again since my scalp was getting itchy, and deep conditioned with LuxSkinCo Deep Repair hair mask.

Here’s a link to their shop
https://etsy.me/2hG0D1f

It’s a very light frothy/custard type of consistency. It’s not as heavy as I would like, but it feels really nice and my hair completely soaks it up. I left it on for 25 mins under a heating cap, then rinsed and put my hair in braids.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Under Dryer:
NurCreations Avocado & Green Tea Hair Treatment

Under Steamer:
Naturelle Grow's Marshmallow & Slippery Elm?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Under Dryer:
NurCreations Avocado & Green Tea Mask

Under Steamer:
Naturelle Grow's Marshmallow, Slippery Elm and Cinnamon

Aggie

This morning I:

Shampooed with Follicle Care Almond and Honey Protein shampoo followed by
Moisturizinf Shampoo with Follicle Care Castor Argan Shampoo
Protein DC with Follicle Care Castor Cayena

Have to complete my session with:

Moisture DC with Follicle Care Coco Rose Moisturizing DC
Moisturize with QB BRBC and SSI Papaya Leave-in Combo
Style - Big plaits under a wig for the week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’ll wash with Kerastase discipline shampoo and dc with masquintense with heat for at least 20 minutes. I haven’t washed my hair in over a month. That isn’t like me

Aggie

Decided to color my hair with henna today. Also using my Olaplex system to strengthen and repair. Plus a whole hair regimen today.

Today I'm:

-Prepooing with my diy Fenugreek rinse and Heritage Castor Oil
-Shampooing with Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Color with henna and Olaplex #1 mixed together
-Conditioner with Olaplex #2 for 20 minutes
-Shampoo with Olaplex #4
-Protein DC with Follicle Care Cayena Wood
-Moisture DC with Follicle Care Baba de Caracol
-Leave-in with Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Leave-in
-Moisturize with QB BRBC and QB OHHB

Last edited:

waff

Curls Cashmere & Caviar Hair Masque :1-2 hr under hot head cap
It's my first time trying this DC out. I like the consistency, however the smell is so over powering and "perfumy". We will see how it performs, I can tolerate the scent if the results are good :D

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Its been a while since I checked in but I'm back! LoL
I currently started making YouTube videos and have a Journey to Long hair Facebook page so I'm give hair care tips.
With that I always have to do a deep conditioning!!! Which is my favorite thing to do.
This week I went with the NEW AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE CURLS DEEEP CONDITIONER. It felt amazing! Of course I didnt keep it on for just 3minutes. LOL! I kept it on for about 30mins under my heated conditioning cap. The tangles simply melted away.
Because I noted some breakage about 3 inches from my roots all over my hair I will be paying close attention to my moisture levels... :drunk: I think I will use AUSSIE again this week and see what my hair feels like again :toocool::toocool:.

waff

TGIN honey miracle mask : ended up leaving it for 5 hours as I took a nap with my hot head on. Left my hair so juicy :clap:
I am thinking of increasing my DC schedule to each time I wash my hair. Mid week DC can be shorter with an elasticity/protein treatment, and keep the weekend for the longer moisture DC.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think I’m reverse washing my hair today. I have Ion pigments color conditioner in my hair right now (magenta.) I’ll leave it in for a few hours and just shampoo/blow dry.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Under Dryer:
Hydratherma Naturals Amino DC'er

Under Steamer
The corner of a jar of MHC Honey Hair Mask & Bel Nouvo Castor Deep Conditioner

waff

Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner for 2-3 hours under heated cap, decided to go with a medium-strong protein treatment post the blow out I had this last week to prep for WNG