2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Aggie

Today I used:

-Nairobi Detox Shampoo
-Keracare Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo
-Henna to color
-Nairobi Stimu-Sil combined with Dudleys Cream Protein Moisturizing Deep Conditioner.
-Nairobi Pamperfuse Leave-in
-M/S with QB BRBC sealed with my diy Shea Butter mix.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
How long do you plan to be in the challenge? All year
How often will you DC? Once a week. I'm in braids right now though so once I take the braids out next month I'll start with once a week.
What DCs will you use (top 5-10 if you can't list them all)? Mielle Organics Babbasu & Mint. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey.

What's your hair profile (relaxed/natural, porosity, strand size, etc)? Natural. 3c/4a. Low porosity
What goals do you hope regular DCs will help you achieve? Thicker and more moisturized hair. Enhance my curl pattern,
Starting photo: I have box braids right now so I'll have to take photo once I take them out

mayoo

Can I join guys? :drunk:

How long do you plan to be in the challenge? At least 1 year

How often will you DC? 1x per week

What DCs will you use (top 5-10 if you can't list them all)?

So... All of them lol. I went back to the UK for Christmas and bought a whole bunch of new deep conditioners :headspin:
Please see them pictured lol. I tried to buy some brands that I wasn't aware of to see if I could find some hidden gems

What's your hair profile(relaxed/natural, porosity, strand size, etc)?
Natural, 4a/4b, low porosity, thin strands

What goals do you hope regular DCs will help you achieve? Moisture,and length retention. Also hoping to find my staple DCs
Starting photo: attached ~~

Attachments

• rsz_1img_20200108_194003.jpg
    rsz_1img_20200108_194003.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 39
  • rsz_img_20200104_144517.jpg
    rsz_img_20200104_144517.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Mapleoats

How long do you plan to be in the challenge? All year
How often will you DC? Once a week. I'm in braids right now though so once I take the braids out next month I'll start with once a week.
What DCs will you use (top 5-10 if you can't list them all)? Mielle Organics Babbasu & Mint. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey.
What's your hair profile (relaxed/natural, porosity, strand size, etc)? Natural. 3c/4a. Low porosity
What goals do you hope regular DCs will help you achieve? Thicker and more moisturized hair. Enhance my curl pattern,
Starting photo: I have box braids right now so I'll have to take photo once I take them out

Your top DCs are also my top DCs, and we have a similar hair type/porosity :)

Mapleoats

Can I join guys? :drunk:

How long do you plan to be in the challenge? At least 1 year

How often will you DC? 1x per year

What DCs will you use (top 5-10 if you can't list them all)?

So... All of them lol. I went back to the UK for Christmas and bought a whole bunch of new deep conditioners :headspin:
Please see them pictured lol. I tried to buy some brands that I wasn't aware of to see if I could find some hidden gems

What's your hair profile(relaxed/natural, porosity, strand size, etc)?
Natural, low porosity, thin strands

What goals do you hope regular DCs will help you achieve? Moisture and length retention
Starting photo: attached ~~

Wowow your hair is amazing! What's your regimen?

BTW, that's a lot of DCs for someone who will only be deep conditioning 1x per year ;) haha

Aggie

Good morning ladies. Today I used:

-Amika Normcore Signature Shampoo :lick: very moisturizing and a little goes a long way
-Amika Normcore Signature Conditioner as a quick rinse out - meh, don't need this one
-Amika Triple Rx Mask (protein) :lick: slip galore - only need a little
-Amika Nourishing Mask (moisturizing) :drool:slots of slip as well - only need a little as well

-Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in mixed with Product Junkie's Smoothing Lotion and will seal later with maybe some Nairobi Vita-Sheen Hairdress and/or diy Shea Butter.

-Big plaits under wig to style.

mayoo

Okay guys, so as I mentioned in my
Wowow your hair is amazing! What's your regimen?

BTW, that's a lot of DCs for someone who will only be deep conditioning 1x per year ;) haha

Oh gosh lol... Sorry, that's a typo. I DC 1x per week ugh lol... Still getting used to using my phone with this website

Thank you~you're so kind ~~
My regimen is not exactly settled yet as I'm experimenting and making some changes but here's the general gist~

Shampoo wash 1x per week
DC with heat 1x per week
Moisturise and seal
Have been wearing twists for the last year and a bit

I fell off the wagon with deep conditioning over the past year and I just jumped back on a couple of months of ago. Hoping this challenge can keep me on track ~

mayoo

Hey ladies~

So due to the fact that I bought wayyy too many DC Products over the Christmas break, I'm gonna be doing a blog series to review all of the products. I bought a lot of products that I wasn't aware of before so I hope that I can find some gems ~~~

Anyway, here's the first post if you are interested :

https://longhaircareforum.com/blogs/deep-conditioner-review-curlykids-curly-deep-conditioner.885/

Also, if you have any tips on how I can improve the format/ any categories that I'm missing, I would be very grateful ☺️

I'll also try to include more pictures from the next post! (coming this weekend hopefully)

mayoo

DCed with Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque last night ~

:toocool: my hair is soft soft soofftttt. I wouldn't say moisturised, I wouldn't say strong, but I would say soft, if that makes sense? Anyeay, I'm loving the results and scent... Especially with the price.

If you're interested in reading the whole review. Please see below :drunk:

https://longhaircareforum.com/blogs...-cantu-shea-butter-deep-treatment-masque.887/

Does anyone else like/dislike this one?

Attachments

• rsz_img_20200111_214451.jpg
    rsz_img_20200111_214451.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200112_004049~2.jpg
    IMG_20200112_004049~2.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200112_005252~2.jpg
    IMG_20200112_005252~2.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 35

Godsdaughter001

Thanks for your review! I’m going to try this out. I’m looking for another conditioner.

DCed with Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque last night ~

:toocool: my hair is soft soft soofftttt. I wouldn't say moisturised, I wouldn't say strong, but I would say soft, if that makes sense? Anyeay, I'm loving the results and scent... Especially with the price.

If you're interested in reading the whole review. Please see below :drunk:

https://longhaircareforum.com/blogs...-cantu-shea-butter-deep-treatment-masque.887/

Does anyone else like/dislike this one?

Godsdaughter001

Dc’ed with heating cap using Queen Helene super cholesterol deep conditioner. I mixed it with TJ’s NourishSpa Conditioner.

Results were just ok. I think because I haven’t Dc’ed in a while and my hair feels a little dry and super thick - not too soft. I have to get back on my regimen.

mayoo

About to deep condition with the Elasta QP DPR-11+ deep penetrating remoisturising conditioner

Never used it before but I'm looking to find some more affordable DC staples.

It was a hit on LHCF 2003-2010ish before all of the new brands came in (yes, I've gone THAT deep into the archives lol) so let's see if it matches the hype.

I'm a bit worried since I see mineral oil AND petroleum on the ingredients list....

Will write a review and post later on :)

Attachments

• rsz_img_20200118_132343.jpg
    rsz_img_20200118_132343.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 23
  • rsz_img_20200118_132335.jpg
    rsz_img_20200118_132335.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 23

Aggie

This weekend this is my regimen:

-Pre poo with a mixture of AVG, NF Rose Clay, and Ricebran oil
-Keracare Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo
-Deep condition with DM Anti-Aging Treatment (Protein)
-DC with a mixture of Kerastase Oleo-Relax and Amika Nourishing DC (Moisture
)
-Leave-in with a mixture of Nairobi Pamperfuse and Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
-Seal with my diy Shea Butter
-Air Dry and wig to style

Prisangela

About to deep condition with the Elasta QP DPR-11+ deep penetrating remoisturising conditioner

Never used it before but I'm looking to find some more affordable DC staples.

It was a hit on LHCF 2003-2010ish before all of the new brands came in (yes, I've gone THAT deep into the archives lol) so let's see if it matches the hype.

I'm a bit worried since I see mineral oil AND petroleum on the ingredients list....

Will write a review and post later on :)
It's actually very good. I don't mind mineral oil or petroleum, and awesome when used with heat

mayoo

Deep conditioned with Elasta QP DPR-11 Deep Penetrating Remoisturising Conditioner for the first time this weekend. Results were interesting, I guess.

Here's review of anyone is interested :

https://longhaircareforum.com/blogs...p-penetrating-remoisturising-conditioner.897/

Pic attached is taken just after I washed the product out

No... Just no. Never again. I will never use this DC or any other with mineral oil or petroleum again,

While I am Re-moisturising my hair throughout the week, I am noticing breakage.... This doesn't usually happen to me... Never again

My cousin is on her way AS WE SPEAK to pick up every product with mineral oil in this room

Last edited:

Aggie

Today I used:

-Design Essentials Milk & Honey Neutralizing Shampoo
-Design Essentials Milk & Honey 6 in 1 Reconstructor
-Amika Triple Rx Mask (protein treatment)
-Amika Nourishing Mask (moisturizing mask)

-Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion Leave-in
-Fenugreek Tea Rinse on Scalp as my growth aid
-Braided in 3 big plaits to style under wigs as my protective style for the week.