2020 What Did You Eat For Your Hair Today? Challenge

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
@NicWhite 2 ways
1. you can upload it via an attachment: click more opitons on the bottom of the reply box. then in that new window on the bottom you will see "upload a file"

2.If you want to insert directly into the post: upload it to an image hosting site, then copy the link into the post

Godsdaughter001

Day one of my challenge! #excited

I started the morning with a green shake that included:
Unsweetened almond milk, 2 bananas, 1 tsp of each of my herb powders (stinging nettle, red raspberry leaf, lemon balm, DIM, chaga, spirulina and 1 tbs of [liquid]mangosteen juice). Spirulina tends to really promote hair growth for me.

The rest of the day I'll be eating a mixed greens salad (spinach, cucumbers, red onions, jalapeño's and balsamic vinaigrette) and Chinese eggplant w/ garlic sauce and a little jasmine rice. I'm also drinking lots of alkaline water (Essentia).

Godsdaughter001

This morning I had my usual breakfast smoothie (Unsweetened almond milk, 2 bananas, 1 tsp of Stinging nettle, red raspberry leaf, and lemon balm, DIM, chaga, spirulina)

For lunch I'll be having a mixed greens salad (spinach, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, red onions, jalapeño's and balsamic vinaigrette) from my favorite Ethiopian restaurant.

For dinner I’m having sautéed squash with red onions and jalapeños over brown jasmine rice.
ETA: I’ll be drinking lots of alkaline water today as well. My favorite is Essentia.

Last edited:

prettydarkthing

I skipped a few days, was having some digestion issues, but I remember what I've been eating.

Saturday:
Breakfast: licorice tea, orange
Lunch: coconut water
Dinner: baked fish, string beans, mac & cheese, 16oz water

Sunday:
Breakfast: eggs with mushrooms and toast, licorice tea
Lunch: a small bag of pretzels, coconut water
Dinner: we tried UNO's, so we had veggie pizza and salad, water

Monday:
Breakfast: licorice tea, guava/strawberry/blueberry smoothie
Lunch: small pieces of chicken, yogurt, coconut water
Dinner: curried shrimp, bread, 16 oz water
Took my Vit D/K/Cal/Mag

Today:
Breakfast: licorice tea, banana
Lunch: yogurt, chips, coconut water
Dinner: chicken, rice, spinach with nutritional yeast, 16oz water

I cut back on my water and supp intake because my issue was causing a sore throat/stomach issues and coconut water was a little more soothing. I ate some regular things in smaller portions. I'm out of Vit D combo and waiting for delivery of new supps this week.

Will get back on track with my water intake.

Will hold off on vit C and Coq10 for a few more days.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey @prettydarkthing :wave: hope youre feeling better :hug2:
Great minds think alike lol I also had mac&cheese today

Breakfast: Chia pudding with cashew milk

Lunch: Pasta with tuna and spinach

Snack: Dark chocolate covered almonds
Fruit smoothie with sprouts moringa and tumeric

Dinner: Roast chicken Mac n cheese with a salad

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hola hola! Hope everyone is at least having a good week! I'm happy tomorrow is friday :lol:

Ok here's what I ate for today

breakfast: 1/4 pint of raspberries

lunch: split pea dal with a small piece of chicken, mac&cheese and 2 huge handfuls of spinach

Snack: White nectarine

Dinner: Veggie samosas and deglet noor dates for desert :lick:

Vits: VitC, b-complex, zinc, fish oil

I didn't do any of my dried superfoods. I realize I wont consume these unless put them insomething like a smoothie...

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Just doing some personal analyisis:

1. I need to do better with breakfast
2. I could eat more diverse greens. I need to grow more sprous/microgreens. I'm not a fan of store bought greens tbh. Im gonna start some micorgreens next...
3. Juicing is not hard. I'm just not organized. I noticed how much better I feel when I have veggie juice. I'm going to try for 2x at least next week. I love me some beet juice :lick:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hadn't eaten dates for a while, just thought I'd share a little info:

Dates have an excellent nutrition profile.

Most of the calories in dates come from carbs. The rest are from a very small amount of protein. Despite their calories, dates contain some important vitamins and minerals in addition to a significant amount of fiber.

A 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving provides the following nutrients:

• Calories: 277
  • Carbs: 75 grams
  • Fiber: 7 grams
  • Protein: 2 grams
  • Potassium: 20% of the RDI
  • Magnesium: 14% of the RDI
  • Copper: 18% of the RDI
  • Manganese: 15% of the RDI
  • Iron: 5% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B6: 12% of the RDI

Lots of those minerals to support healthy hair growth!!!I like using them to sweeten smoothies or oatmeal. Also delicious paired with walnuts or pecans. I love making little "sandwiches" like this:

prettydarkthing

Veggies and Nzuri Liquid Hair Vitamin

Please share a review of what you think of this vitamin, if you haven't already.

I drive 45 minutes to get cassava, yam and green banana. :lick:

45 minutes is a long drive for starches! :lachen:I'm making stewed cod fish this weekend. Yep, got to get some green bananas tomorrow. Plan on making festival too, cause I love my bread and rarely fry anything, but I'll be using the bagged mix like a lazy person :look:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Please share a review of what you think of this vitamin, if you haven't already.

45 minutes is a long drive for starches! :lachen:I'm making stewed cod fish this weekend. Yep, got to get some green bananas tomorrow. Plan on making festival too, cause I love my bread and rarely fry anything, but I'll be using the bagged mix like a lazy person :look:

Stewed saltfish :drool: Wish I could find green banana where I am :lick: I could prolly find some about 2hrs away but das too much man :lol:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Did better with bfast today! : Chia pudding with cashew milk sweetened with dates with fresh berries

Snack: 2 nectarines and a kiwi

Lunch: Marinara sauce thickened with lentils over penne on a bed of spinach and sprouts and a squeezed 1/2 a lemon on top

Dinner: Probably nothing lunch was late and heavy. Going to have my nettle tea and take my vits (VitC, b-complex, zinc, fish oil)

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: licorice tea, that fresh squeezed orange juice from TJs (it's so good)
Lunch: chips, pizza slice, 16oz water
Dinner: a couple small pieces of chicken, yogurt, 8oz water
Coq10, vit C, vit D, Cal/Mag supp

I'm all over the place with my eating, I'm going to be more intentional with the foods I consume starting in February, like I want to really plan for increasing my intake of vitamin/mineral rich foods. I have a brand new container of barley grass in the fridge, a bag of nutritional yeast, a container with some chlorella left, chia seeds, etc.

I'm going to look at a few resources and plan so that month all of my meals and snacks can be intentional.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Breakfast: licorice tea, that fresh squeezed orange juice from TJs (it's so good)
I'm all over the place with my eating, I'm going to be more intentional with the foods I consume starting in February, like I want to really plan for increasing my intake of vitamin/mineral rich foods. I have a brand new container of barley grass in the fridge, a bag of nutritional yeast, a container with some chlorella left, chia seeds, etc.

I'm going to look at a few resources and plan so that month all of my meals and snacks can be intentional.

:yep: :yep: :yep: that's the reason for starting this challenge. Not to be perfect but to reduce the foods that aren't doing anything for the body. In today's world it does take more intention to eat the nutrient dense foods.

I myself am trying to get back into eating more sprouts/microgreens. These are extremely nutrient dense and much more nutritious than fully developed greens. Not to mention when you know how to grow them, easy and cost effective.

I'll share some pics and resources...