2020 What Did You Eat For Your Hair Today? Challenge

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Chia pudding with homemade cashew milk and berries for breakfast

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Today was a quite a day.

Breakfast: A piece of fried chicken :look: :giggle: and fruit

Lunch: burrito bowl with black beans, assorted veggies and salsa and I had a churro for dessert :lol:

Dinner: Tuna sandwich with veggies and an oatmeal cookie

The fried chicken was the gateway to all kinds of other things today. I need to get better at prepping my meals so I don't grab random things from the fridge..

Will take my vits and fish oil shortly

prettydarkthing

This week just sped by!

Thursday:
Breakfast: typical meeting spread so had some fruit, orange juice, and a small pastry
Lunch: a couple of small pieces of chicken, 12oz water
Dinner: homemade beef and broccoli with lo mein noodles, cookie, 16 oz water, plus seltzer
Vit C, Coq10, Vit D, Cal/Mg

Friday:
Breakfast: chicken biscuit, 12oz water
Lunch: some chips
Dinner: ate out at a Vietnamese place, had beef with rice noodles (I guess I'm on a beef/noodle kick :look:) and stevia soda. DH bought home some delicious pastries I love and ice cream, so of course I indulged and had another glass of water.
I only took my Vit C and Coq10, was too tired to take vit D and Cal/Mg because these new tablets are huge, and I can't deal with that when I'm tired. I probably won't repurchase this Cal/Mag because of the size.

Today is a great because it's the first day of the month and I can already say I'm confident in committing to using my green powders daily, at least 1 salad, and taking my vit D and Cal/Mg each day. (I've already taken them, just need to take my green powder and have a salad.) Almost out of vit C and coq10, but the other two supplements are most important for me to take.

I remembered that I like eating out in limited doses, being out and about and then eating something I didn't make limits healthier options. Also, when I'm busy, I tend to drink very little liquids in general. I've been leaving my thermos behind this week, will have to bring it everywhere again.

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 16oz water with my vit C, coq10, vit D, Cal/mag (I'm moving toward taking all supps in the morning)
Lunch: homemade beef/broccoli lo mein, 16oz water with chlorella, some chips, some kombucha
Dinner: salad with nutritional yeast, dulse, and balsmic/oo dressing, curry chicken with cabbage and carrots, 16oz water a small serving of ice cream

I excited to be more consistent with my green powders and salads this month.

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 16oz water, egg and turkey sausage on a roll, the rest of the kombucha
Lunch: chips, 16oz water
Dinner: 16oz water with chlorella, salad with nutritional yeast and dulse, oo/balsamic, 16oz water, a serving of ice cream
Vit C, coq10, Vit D, and Cal/Mag (For this month, I'm taking these with my first serving of water.)

You're doing really well @prettydarkthing :up: :up:
Im having a similar issue with getting enough liquids its harder on the go. I want to consume more nettle in the form of tea. Im going to try overnight steeping in a mason jar and taking that with me...

Thanks, yes carrying a container makes life easier.

Nettle tea is tasty, I also like dandelion because they have that earthy taste. Licorice is sweet and soothes my stomach and tulsi is nice because of the lemon taste. I'm trying to get through my tea stash when I have time to steep some in the morning. I'm a tea hoarder so I'm not buying more until I get through my supply. I also don't like sugar in my tea, so herbal teas with all the flavors are my go-tos.

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 16oz water with Vit C, coq10, Vit D, Cal/Mag, croissant
Lunch: 16oz water with chlorella, chips, low sugar dairy free yogurt, 16oz water, handful of walnuts
Dinner: salad with dulse, nutritional yeast and acv/oo dressing, curry chicken, piece of bread with dairy free butter, sugar free ginger beer, serving of ice cream

My nails are starting to grow stronger, and I know it's from the regular intake of nutritional yeast and my Vit D. Whenever I take these things my nails grow in super strong. Hopefully this will trickle down to my hair and even skin. I always think for me vits/minerals go to my nails, then hair, and then skin.

NicWhite

Breakfast: 16oz water with Vit C, coq10, Vit D, Cal/Mag, croissant
Lunch: 16oz water with chlorella, chips, low sugar dairy free yogurt, 16oz water, handful of walnuts
Dinner: salad with dulse, nutritional yeast and acv/oo dressing, curry chicken, piece of bread with dairy free butter, sugar free ginger beer, serving of ice cream

My nails are starting to grow stronger, and I know it's from the regular intake of nutritional yeast and my Vit D. Whenever I take these things my nails grow in super strong. Hopefully this will trickle down to my hair and even skin. I always think for me vits/minerals go to my nails, then hair, and then skin.

Chile your post just prompted to buy some non-fortified nutritional yeast flakes, I love eating it on home popped popcorn

prettydarkthing

My schedule was thrown off by a meeting, but I still got my vits, chlorella and salad in.
Breakfast: none
Lunch: a couple small pieces of chicken, cucumber tomato salad, a little pasta, 16oz water with vit C, coq10, Vit D, Cal/Mag
Snack: stevia soda, 16oz water with chlorella, chips
Dinner: salad with dulse, nutritional yeast, and acv/oo, curry chicken, bread with dairy free butter, 16oz water and a tiny lemon square

Chile your post just prompted to buy some non-fortified nutritional yeast flakes, I love eating it on home popped popcorn
Nutritional yeast is the best dairy free topper! I put it on salad, popcorn, in smoothies, pasta, etc, etc.

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 16oz water, green apple, piece of bread with dairy free butter, vit C, coq10, vit D, Cal/Mag
Lunch: 16oz water with chlorella, chips with salsa, another 16oz plain water
Dinner: salad greens topped with cabbage slaw made with acv/oo, dulse, and nutritional yeast, curry chicken with potatoes, piece of bread with diary free butter, stevia soda, small serving of ice cream

Went to a Vegan Indian Restaurant
That sounds so good, now I want Indian food. :look: Even though I've been eating curry chicken every night. :lachen:

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 16oz water with vit C, coq10, Vit D, Cal/Mag, and a green apple
Lunch: 16oz water with chlorella and a protein bar, another 16oz water with a jerky stick
Dinner: salad greens with cabbage slaw nutritional yeast, dulse, and acv/oo dressing, curry chicken, 16oz water, serving of ice cream

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 16oz water with vit c, coq10, vit D, Cal/Mag, a green apple, 16oz water with chlorella
Lunch: pizza, 16oz water, a protein bar
Dinner: salad with cabbage salad, dulse, nutritional yeast, and acv/oo dressing, two chicken patties, chia seed pudding with strawberries, a little more water

prettydarkthing

Yesterday:
Breakfast: 16oz water with vit C, coq10, vit D, cal/mag, slice of bread with dairy free butter, 16oz water with chlorella
Lunch: a shrimp burger with some of my cabbage slaw on it, 16oz water
Dinner: tried a new fried chicken place and had cole slaw and corn as my sides to make up for not having a salad, a small serving of ice cream for dessert

Today:
Breakfast: 16oz water with vit C, ubiquinol (I'm out of coq10), vit D, Cal/Mag, curried shrimp with bread, banana/strawberry smoothie with chlorella
Lunch: 16oz water, chips
Dinner: salad topped with cabbage slaw with nutritional yeast, dulse, acv/oo dressing, chicken with small serving of basmati rice and green peas (I haven't had basmati rice in a good while, was hesitant, but I enjoyed it more than the typical brown rice, 8oz water

prettydarkthing

Breakfast: 12oz water, a couple pieces of pastry
Lunch: 11oz water, chips, 11 oz water with chlorella along with vit D, cal/mag
Dinner: salad with cabbage slaw with nutritional yeast,dulse, and acv/oo, chicken with a small serving of basmati and green peas, stevia soda

Not sure what brand of vit C to buy next. Not sure if I'll repurchase coq10.

prettydarkthing

@halee_J where are you? :look:

Breakfast: 12oz water
Lunch: vit D, cal/mag with 11 oz water, crackers, shrimp burger, half can of stevia soda and 11oz water
Dinner: had some little bites out, then at home had 11oz water with chlorella, a salad with cabbage nutritional yeast, dulse, acv/oo, and some chicken, DH brought me a donut (yes I ate it :oops:), and had the rest of can of stevia soda