2020 What Did You Eat For Your Hair Today? Challenge

prettydarkthing

I hope everyone is doing well!

Through all the days that have passed with current events, I've been very steady with 20oz green water, 40oz plain water or half unsweetened herbal tea and half plain water. I consistently drink 60oz liquid a day. I also have consistently taken vit D every day.

I have one vit D tablet left. To start April, I will open up my Megafoods Women's Multi-vitamin. It's not a hsn vitamin specifically, but it has vit D and a lot of other vitamins I don't usually take, so that should be nice. I wanted to buy a hsn vitamin specifically, but since DH bought this for my randomly, I'm going to use it up first.

I will also eat at least 3-4 eggs a week for extra protein in my diet.

I also recently started taking fenugreek tablets again to help ease any stomach issues.

prettydarkthing

Last time I checked in was the end of March, I've been diligently taking in a minimum of 60oz liquid daily, some days definitely exceeding that amount. I feel good about that habit.:D:bouncy:

I had 20oz of water mixed with green powder for about half the month of April, ran out, then had 20oz with chlorophyll drops for the rest of the month. I finally received my order of more green powder, and started taking that May 1st.

I ran out of multivitamins after April, I received new vitamins this week and resumed my multi-vit today. I purchased a supply of a different brand that contained more than 3 months worth, that way I can stay consistent for longer. I also take a few herbal supps, daily, I don't usually post those here because the most important, to me, is my green powder, multivitamin, and water.

I've also been eating sardines fairly often to get healthy fats. Also eggs for protein, last month I consumed 3-4 eggs a week. I rarely drink anything that isn't water, unsweetened herbal tea, or green mixed with water.

beautyaddict1913

Hello ladies. I’m late getting started but I would like to participate. I have to take iron pills due to severe anemia. It has definitely taken a toll on my hair as I haven’t taken them consistently. Lately I have been taking prenatal vitamins. It seems to be helping get my hair back on track. I also take black seed oil in capsule form.

Today I had strawberries - improves hair health
Kiwi - prevents hair loss
Blueberries - helps hair growth
Raspberries - healthy hair
Mango - reduces breakage

For dinner I will make an omelette with spinach.
Eggs - Protein
Spinach - iron

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Took a few sips of coconut water yesterday. Will have to use the rest as a daily moisturizer.

Grasping

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to the forum.

I ate Brussels Sprouts, cumin potatoes and fruit.
Also drinking a good amount of water and have replaced my coffee addiction with a maca-chocolate one.

Given that the maca seems to be causing growth elsewhere, I might have to rethink.

Lita

Also drinking a good amount of water and have replaced my coffee addiction with a maca-chocolate one.

Given that the maca seems to be causing growth elsewhere, I might have to rethink.

@Grasping Hello!!:welcome: I will like to add from personal experience with maca,yes it will cause hair growth everywhere and weight gain as well.

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Amazing grass powder,I drink this everyday it’s a great immunity builder as well.

Bringraj-2 capsules a day=1,000 mg a day

Pumpkin Seed Oil- 2 soft gels a day=2,000 mg

Happy Hair Growing!

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer

Cumin potatoes sound delicious!!! Do you mind sharing a recipe? What kind of growth are you experiencing from the maca???

Grasping

Cumin potatoes sound delicious!!! Do you mind sharing a recipe? What kind of growth are you experiencing from the maca???

They are delicious. I do not have a recipe; when it comes to cooking Indian food I follow Hari Ghotra's direction religiously. I will try to link a recipe when I am at my pc.

ETA the recipe link : https://www.harighotra.co.uk/jeera-aloo-recipe

With the Maca, I am definitely putting on some kilos. In all fairness I should not rule out my eating habits and disclose that i use msm too, but the increase happened more quickly than it otherwise would (after about 3 weeks of maca use, btw). The growth is mostly on my lower half (not needed at all) and definitely seeing an increase in the decolletage which is typically the last place I gain.

I have been taking msm but not been consistent for a few years; only recently switched to a powder form.

Last edited:

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
They are delicious. I do not have a recipe; when it comes to cooking Indian food I follow Hari Ghotra's direction religiously. I will try to link a recipe when I am at my pc.

With the Maca, I am definitely putting on some kilos. In all fairness I should not rule out my eating habits and disclose that i use msm too, but the increase happened more quickly than it otherwise would (after about 3 weeks of maca use, btw). The growth is mostly on my lower half (not needed at all) and definitely seeing an increase in the decolletage which is typically the last place I gain.

I have been taking msm but not been consistent for a few years; only recently switched to a powder form.

Thanks! This seems to be right on track with what I have heard others say about maca. But the MSM is making you gain weight also?

Grasping

shortycocoa, I noticed no change when using just msm. But to be fair, my diet was also very clean. I should pair maca with a cleaner diet and see.

Started my day with slices of watermelon. Boiled potatoes, green salad and more fruit on the menu today.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Awwww...so sorry I missed this challenge. I’ve been lazy about my smoothies (a primary hair growth source in the past), and this would have been a good way to keep me consistent and honest. Hopefully another round kicks off in 2021.