2021 Christian Random Thoughts ... New Beginnings in Jesus

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Happy Blessed New Year Everyone. :grouphug2:

It's 2021 and Jesus is Lord. :rosebud:

For you... A message that I wrote and shared a while ago. It addresses all that you may be going through..."Speak to Your Mountain".

:rosebud: :rosebud: :rosebud:

"Who Art Thou 'O' Great Mountain?"

You don't have to be the 'strong' one in this situation anymore.
God has heard your cry and you can look up and stare this issue in the eye and say...

"Who art thou, O' great Mountain?" Who art thou?
My God has trampled you under His foot. He has made you, His footstool and mine.
You have been leveled to the ground. Leveled into 'fine dust'.
Dust to fill the voids and the cracks in the path upon which
I walk into the Plan, Purpose and Destiny that God has for me.

As I walk, I arise to new levels and new heights which God has placed me upon.
I endure no shame nor blame for God is the 'Lifter of My Head.'
He assures me that I have no fear, nothing to dread.

Who art thou, O' Great Mountain? Who art thou?
It's no longer you that I see, when I look up, for now I'm standing and walking upon you.
While looking up, all I can see is the Glory of God My Father completely around me, forever more.

Who art thou O' Great Mountain? No longer able to put fear in me.

Thank you Jesus, for when I have no strength of my own, you are always here,
on the inside of me, keeping me strong, all along.
Jesus Christ, My Lord.

Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

........Who art thou, O great mountain?

(Zachariah 4:6-7)

blessedandfavoured

The Problem Within

"Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!" - Matthew 21:9

A few years ago, a woodpecker began tapping on the siding of our home. We thought the problem was only external. Then one day, my son and I climbed up a ladder into the attic only to have a bird fly past our startled faces. The problem was worse than we’d suspected: it was inside our house.

When Jesus arrived in Jerusalem, the crowd was hoping He would be the one to fix their external problem—their oppression by the Romans. They went wild, shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!” (Matthew 21:9). This was the moment they’d been waiting for; God’s appointed King had come. If God’s chosen Deliverer was going to begin reforming things, wouldn’t He start with all the wrong out there? But in most gospel accounts, the “triumphal entry” is followed by Jesus driving out exploitative moneychangers . . . from the temple (vv. 12–13). He was cleaning house, and from the inside out.

That’s what happens when we welcome Jesus as King; He comes to set things right—and He starts with us. He makes us confront the evil inside. Jesus on the donkey is like the warriors in the Trojan horse. The horse was welcomed as a symbol of peace, but its ultimate aim was unconditional surrender. Jesus our King requires the same from us.

ckisland

I just need to vent and I feel like venting in the thread I want to vent in would be distracting from the OP.

What in the world is this buffet style Christian hybridization that's going on in that other thread. People are really out here mashing Christian terminology with Buddhist ideology. Reincarnation and God and Heaven have nothing do do with each other in either direction. We use the same words but we ain't talking about the same God at all.

newgrowth15

Will you all help this young lady get to 1,000 subscribers on YouTube? Her channel name is Bond With Christ. She has an interesting video about how she came to have faith in God during the pandemic that I like to call the toilet paper testimony. Thank you for your help and God bless you.

Last edited:

Lucia

Ladies
These witches are bold and non chalana about their practices. Always pray and watch but also act we must pray and stand against these practices and not turn a blind eye, to each their own, etc because who do you think these witches take from to give to make their spells work? Unsuspecting people who aren’t prayed up, don’t believe , etc. their favorite target are Christians. Sorcerers witches and the like are the ones here on earth who steal kill and destroy on behalf of their father the devil. They steal blessings favor opportunities of those who go to them for help and the ones their clients would like cursed. They’re the foot soldiers of that kingdom some knowingly some unknowingly.

https://etsy.me/3sC66bs

Deuteronomy 18:9-12
New International Version

Occult Practices​

9 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate(A) the detestable ways(B) of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire,(C) who practices divination(D) or sorcery,(E) interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,(F) 11 or casts spells,(G) or who is a medium or spiritist(H) or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.(I)

PatDM'T

Received this
in a text and
thought I'd share
Have you ever noticed how in the scriptures men are always going up into the mountains to commune with the Lord?

Yet in the scriptures we hardly ever
hear of women going to the mountains.
But we know why — right?

Because the women were too busy
keeping life going;
they couldn’t abandon babies,
meals,
homes,
fires,
gardens,
and a thousand responsibilities to make the climb into the mountains!

I was talking to a friend the other day,
saying that as modern woman
I feel like I’m never “free” enough
from my responsibilities,
never in a quiet enough space
I want with God.

Her response floored me,
“That is why God comes to women.
Men have to climb the mountain to meet God, but God comes to women where ever they are.”

I have been pondering on her words for weeks and have searched my scriptures
to see that what she said is true.
God does indeed come to women
where they are,
when they are doing their ordinary,
everyday work.

He meets them at the wells
where they draw water for their families,
in their homes,
in their kitchens,
in their gardens.

He comes to them
as they sit beside sickbeds,
as they give birth,
care for the elderly,
and perform necessary mourning and burial rites.

Even at the empty tomb,
Mary was the first to witness Christ’s resurrection,
She was there because she was doing the womanly chore of properly preparing Christ’s body for burial.

In these seemingly mundane
and ordinary tasks,
these women of the scriptures found themselves face to face with divinity.

So if — like me — you ever start to bemoan the fact that you don’t have as much time to spend in the mountains with God as you would like. Remember, God comes to women. He knows where we are and the burdens we carry. He sees us, and if we open our eyes and our hearts we will see Him, even in the most ordinary places and in the most ordinary things.

He lives. And He’s using a time such as this to speak to women around the world.

Original author: Heather F.

Last edited:

blessedandfavoured

Prejudice and Forgiveness

After hearing a message about correcting injustice, a church member approached the pastor weeping, asking for forgiveness and confessing that he hadn’t voted in favor of calling the black minister to be pastor of their church because of his own prejudice. “I really need you to forgive me. I don’t want the junk of prejudice and racism spilling over into my kids’ lives. I didn’t vote for you, and I was wrong.” His tears and confession were met with the tears and forgiveness of the minister. A week later, the entire church rejoiced upon hearing the man’s testimony of how God had worked in his heart.

Even Peter, a disciple of Jesus and a chief leader in the early church, had to be corrected because of his ill-conceived notions about non-Jewish people. Eating and drinking with gentiles (who were considered unclean), was a violation of social and religious protocol. Peter said, “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile” (Acts 10:28). It took nothing less than the supernatural activity of God (vv. 9–23) to convince him that he “should not call anyone impure or unclean” (v. 28).

Through the preaching of Scripture, the conviction of the Spirit, and life experiences, God continues to work in human hearts to correct our misguided perspectives about others. He helps us to see that “God does not show favoritism” (v. 34).

By: Arthur Jackson

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I feel like I am going through a transition on the spiritual tip. I am so restless, and I only get relief when I talk to people about Yah, the Scriptures, and how everything relates to the first two on this plane of existence.

Waiting for the next crisis to drop... but all for His glory, always. Romans 8:28, John 11:4, John 9:3, John 10:38, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

The final and major battleground for the adversary is the mind. Guard yours!

Praises and honoring Our Father will drive the adversary away; do these before and after you pray (unless it is an emergency). That is the pattern I see in Scripture.

Aggie

I just need to vent and I feel like venting in the thread I want to vent in would be distracting from the OP.

What in the world is this buffet style Christian hybridization that's going on in that other thread. People are really out here mashing Christian terminology with Buddhist ideology. Reincarnation and God and Heaven have nothing do do with each other in either direction. We use the same words but we ain't talking about the same God at all.
Woo girl, I'm right there with you. I feel the same way. There are also a lot of new age philosophy all mixed up with Christianity - it's mind boggling that this is even happening to the body of Christ. We must deeply study the Word of God to know when we hear error being taught to us and then reject it.

newgrowth15

What if we asked others what can we do to make their lives better; how much better would life be for us since we reap what we sow?