2021 Let's Talk! APL - BSL/MBL Challenge

What is your 2021 hair length goal??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

apple_natural

Hi @apple_natural how are you? No, I don't mind at all. For this tonic yes, only the brown or red outer skin of the onion is used. I filled a glass mason jar with the onion skins I poured boiling water over the top and left to steep. There are other goodies on the ingredients on the list (honey, vodka etc) but I used a recipe from Roots4u45 from her YT: onion skins (as much as you can fill), 2 cups of boiling distilled water, steep overnight. She calls this an onion skin rinse and you can use this as is or for the tonic, continue and add; 1tbs nettle, 1tbs honey, 1tbs oil (whichever works for you), and half cup of vodka, leave to brew for 1 week. Mine stays in the fridge now, but this should last 12months.

I also made the rose infused vodka she uses in the tonic, (I added hibiscus to mine). I've used the tonic to massage my scalp, and as spray liquid moisturiser. The powders did jam my nozzle, but you could always filter them out. Because I rarely add anything to my hair or scalp between washes, I figured I'd get more use if I added the tonic to my Ayurvedic mixes.

ETA: after posting the link, I saw that that particular video is no longer available. So I added the ingredients from her video.
I'm going to make this. Thank you!