• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

2021 Let's Talk! APL - BSL/MBL Challenge

What is your 2021 hair length goal??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mapleoats

I’m sorry, I actually wrote the wrong product there. I use the smooth infusion style prep + smooth infusion glossing straightener… not the naturally straight. I do have that product, but I chickened out of using it.

I love the glossing straightener, btw.
Update — used the style prep and glossing straightener today for my blow out. I love love love them definitely one of my best blow outs to date :love: I want to try the kerastase thermique Eventually as well!

Theresamonet

Update — used the style prep and glossing straightener today for my blow out. I love love love them definitely one of my best blow outs to date :love: I want to try the kerastase thermique Eventually as well!

Glad it worked for you! The glossing straightener is my fave blow out cream thus far. I like it better than the Kerastase nectar thermique. I still have the Kerastase ciment thermique, IGK good behavior, and the naturally straight to try. I’m done after that. Not buying anymore blowout creams. :lol:

Mapleoats

Glad it worked for you! The glossing straightener is my fave blow out cream thus far. I like it better than the Kerastase nectar thermique. I still have the Kerastase ciment thermique, IGK good behavior, and the naturally straight to try. I’m done after that. Not buying anymore blowout creams. :lol:
I hardly used any and my hair is sooo soft. I’m tempted to run my flat iron over it just cause lol.

are you still loving your airwrap? I definitely am, but I’m thinking I want to pick up the regular dyson blow dryer too :look:

Mapleoats

Gave myself a nice trim today. My last trim was…. August 13! Almost 16 weeks ago!
:drunk:
Wow, I didn’t realize it’s been so long, my hair was definitely starting to show signs of needing a trim.
I’ve been trimming roughly every 8 weeks this year and has been serving me well. Glad to see I can push it to 16 weeks without too much trouble. I think I will keep a 12 week cadence going forward.

On a more rambling note. Thinking about my hair progress this year. I am fairly pleased, though the real test will be when i press my hair in a few weeks. I think I’ve reached my “minimal comfortable hair length”. As in, this is the shortest I would like my hair to be to achieve 80% of what I’d like to do with my hair. Anything beyond this point is a bonus. This time next year I expect to be hovering close to waist length, and if that is the case then I’ll probably cut 2-3 inches off my hair. I’ve been wanting to give my ends a nice refresh for a long time but didn’t have the length to support it. Now I finally do.
BUT in anticipation of cutting off that much at once, I’m going to go on a serious hair growth challenge for next year. Strict protective styling and low manipulation. I wanna see if I can still be WL after that cut :pray: :yep: