2021 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

I had similar experiences with regular braidouts. My hair would come out super scraggily. I think a part of that came from doing too many braids. With the braid n'curl, I only did 16-20 braids total (4-5 braids per quadrant), and braided less than half way down before adding the perm rod.
Looking forward to seeing it one day. :yep:

faithVA

My finger is better :yay: I can retwist tonight or tomorrow. Took my twist out and will wear a twist out today. My hair made it 7 days in twist, but I think 6 days with the 7th day as a twist out is better. I also think it would help if I remembered to wear my sleep cap every night. :lol: I think I forgot 2 or 3 times.

20210508_154630.jpg

TLC1020

I got my hair braided yesterday, I will be wearing them in until July. This week I have come to realize that the Demi hair color and developer have been breaking and damaging my d@mn hair. I have been using it for about 2 freaking years, WTF. If it not one thing, it's another.. When I got home, I threw that sh!t in the trash.. Ugh..

faithVA

I got my hair braided yesterday, I will be wearing them in until July. This week I have come to realize that the Demi hair color and developer have been breaking and damaging my d@mn hair. I have been using it for about 2 freaking years, WTF. If it not one thing, it's another.. When I got home, I threw that sh!t in the trash.. Ugh..
:bighug: Sorry to hear that.

GettingKinky

My finger is better :yay: I can retwist tonight or tomorrow. Took my twist out and will wear a twist out today. My hair made it 7 days in twist, but I think 6 days with the 7th day as a twist out is better. I also think it would help if I remembered to wear my sleep cap every night. :lol: I think I forgot 2 or 3 times.

View attachment 471951
You twist out looks amazing!! how many twists did you do?

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Oh no, that sucks butt. I glad you finally figured it out.

ckisland

Oh boo!! That sucks so much! It's a good thing that your giving yourself a break and time to decide what to do next.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn

Sorry to hear about your setback. What brand were you using?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Wella Charm from Sallys

I don't know why, but I never trusted Wella Charms. They always seemed to be sold out of the developer too. I've been using the Ion Demi permanent color and it's pretty good.

Pic from Mother's Day while I was getting ready. So glad to see my thickness has returned!

View attachment 472041

So pretty. Looks super shiny as well.

faithVA

I tried to take pictures but honestly it wasn’t working this time and I didn’t even realize my mirror was that dirty :spinning: :lachen: Of course I took this picture before I accidentally cut some hair View attachment 472057View attachment 472051
Do these pictures count? If not I’ll work on it lol
I'm sorry you cut some hair. I hope it wasn't too much.

These pictures are just fine. They are just a starting point so you have a comparison photo to acknowledge your great progress at the end of the year.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I have to go all the way back to the drawing board. Matter of fact, let's burn this drawing board down and get a new one with a shiny new pen. I have enough to make a decent ponytail, so from now on, it's nothing but headband wigs, headwraps, buns/ponytails (with or without added hair), or crochet braids. My post in Random Thoughts explains it:lachen:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I have to go all the way back to the drawing board. Matter of fact, let's burn this drawing board down and get a new one with a shiny new pen. I have enough to make a decent ponytail, so from now on, it's nothing but headband wigs, headwraps, buns/ponytails (with or without added hair), or crochet braids. My post in Random Thoughts explains it:lachen:
And no people doing my hair aside from an occasional silk press. Maaybe once every 3 months.

ckisland

Periodically, every 5-6 months, I measure my hair. The bang area is definitely growing but the back and nape seem to be stuck. The nape at 13 inches and the back at 15 inches. :-(
Oh boo!!! My nape is shorter too, and I think it's from the hair catching on my clothes :confused: . I'm thinking about wearing my hair up more to keep my nape semi-protected. That might be something to consider :ohwell:.

sunnieb

@ItsMeLilLucky I swear you keep me laughing even when things don't go your way! :lachen: I appreciate all your kind words to me when my hair was at it's worst.

@GettingKinky ugh! I'm mad for you. Hope your next measurement is better. :yep:

As for me, my hair it's still doing pretty good. I just have to stay consistent with my routine. Think I'll be able to claim SL when we do our July check in. :)