2021 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

I shampooed/conditioned/styled today. I can definitely tell my hair is growing when I do a double shampoo. My hair hangs after I rinse and I can tell my hair is past my ears now. Eighty more days until my check-in should give me good growth to compare with April.

I'm wearing a wash and go now but I may put it back into twist mid June and give myself a break. But I want to do at least 2 more wash and goes to see if I can get this gel/water ratio a little better.

I won't know until my wash and go starts to hang whether I'm going to stick with them or just stick with the twist. For now twist are easier and more convenient.

KenyafromCT

I shampooed/conditioned/styled today. I can definitely tell my hair is growing when I do a double shampoo. My hair hangs after I rinse and I can tell my hair is past my ears now. Eighty more days until my check-in should give me good growth to compare with April.

I'm wearing a wash and go now but I may put it back into twist mid June and give myself a break. But I want to do at least 2 more wash and goes to see if I can get this gel/water ratio a little better.

I won't know until my wash and go starts to hang whether I'm going to stick with them or just stick with the twist. For now twist are easier and more convenient.

Hi. What’s a double shampoo?

KenyafromCT

Has anyone used the herb FOTI? It’s a Chinese herb. Apparently is excellent doe hair growth.
I added some to my DIY oil yesterday. I hope I didn’t go overboard with the ingredients. I used the crock pot to infuse them for about 5 hours.

some of the herbs.
bringraj
Nettles
Fenugreek
2 B5 capsules
Lavender
Clary sage
Rosemary
Oregano
Arnica
Soursop
Black tea

Oils
Hemp
Safflower
JBCO
Vitamin E
Peppermint
Kalonji.

faithVA

Hey everyone! My hair is still doing great! :)

I can't wait to see everyone's progress next month!
I'm feeling all kinds of crazy. I was thinking why would we check in next month :perplexed: And I looked at the check-in dates. I was like :shocked: Who came up with that date schedule? :rofl:

Even after looking at it, I can't figure out what I was thinking. I usually only do 3 check-ins; April, August and December.

faithVA

Not much to report here. I have retained enough that I can now be hair lazy :yay: I have put wash and goes on the shelf for a minute and gone back to twists. I wore 2 strands for a few weeks. Last night I put my hair into 2 flat twists :mwahahafire: So yeah, this may be a summer thing. And now I have a back-up style if my wash and go fails.

My retention is so much better than I can tell while I'm shampooing my hair when it has grown out some more. A month ago I had to section the back into 4 sections. This past wash I could get all of the hair into 2 sections.

Will need to figure out how I want to take my update pictures for July.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Currently just coasting with my mini braids. I'm probably going to take them out next week to do a henna gloss. Still not sure how I will take the update pictures because I'm not using heat on my hair until October.

KenyafromCT

I wrote that poorly :lol: What I intended to say is when I shampoo twice using two different types of shampoos; more cleansing and then moisturizing. If I only shampoo once or use the wrong shampoo combo my hair doesn't always elongate.
Ahhhhhhh Ok. Gotcha. Wow. I was doing that last years. But I think I was using the wrong combo as well. And it didn’t hit me until now that it was wrong. Lolol. Like an idiot. I was using Dr. Bronners soap to clarify each week then washing with whatever I had on hand.
Thing is. Both were bad choices for my hair looking back. It was definitely drying my hair out and I didn’t know why my hair was so dry, tangled and breaking.

What a difference a year makes. I now use Soultanicals and my hair is in a much better place.
Thanks for the edification!! I appreciate it.

ckisland

I bunned my hair all last week, and I tell you what, I kinda love it :weird: . This wash day had the easiest detangling session I've had since I don't even know when!! My hair even fights me when I detangle every other day :rolleyes:, so this was such a pleasant surprise :laugh: . I also lost so much less hair during this wash! It was pretty great!

Shampoo: CD Wash Day Delight then CD Green Supreme
DC: TGIN Repairx Deep Hydrating Hair Mask (1 hr)
Leave-in: Obia Hydration Spray and Obia Sweet Almond Heavy Cream
Styler: EcoStyler Pink

After I let my hair dry for about 10 mins, parted my hair in half, applied my leave-ins, slathered on gel and put my hair in 2 flattwists. Instead of twisting all the way down, I did 2 ponytails and twisted the loose hair around into 2 buns. My hair's so cute :blush:.

GettingKinky

I bunned my hair all last week, and I tell you what, I kinda love it :weird: . This wash day had the easiest detangling session I've had since I don't even know when!! My hair even fights me when I detangle every other day :rolleyes:, so this was such a pleasant surprise :laugh: . I also lost so much less hair during this wash! It was pretty great!

Shampoo: CD Wash Day Delight then CD Green Supreme
DC: TGIN Repairx Deep Hydrating Hair Mask (1 hr)
Leave-in: Obia Hydration Spray and Obia Sweet Almond Heavy Cream
Styler: EcoStyler Pink

After I let my hair dry for about 10 mins, parted my hair in half, applied my leave-ins, slathered on gel and put my hair in 2 flattwists. Instead of twisting all the way down, I did 2 ponytails and twisted the loose hair around into 2 buns. My hair's so cute :blush:.
Pictures? :)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
20210702_135138.jpg

Hopefully the pic doesn't post as large as it looks on the phone.

My right side is just tickling SL and my left side has about an inch to go. I retain pretty good in the summer so maybe I'll be able to claim it next update.

You all can also get a mini shot of my struggle edges in the front. The camera just tell all the secrets.