2021 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

I wasn't expecting to reach SL this year but I always hope for a miracle :yep: My nape is just grazing. My crown is about 2" from my nape. So my hope is that I am close to nape length by December. And that puts me at the top of SL towards the end of 2022.

I'm looking forward to being able to put my hair into a puff and then from there do some type of up style.

For now I'm just sticking with weekly twists set and taking it as easy as possible.

KenyafromCT

Hey y'all hey. I have a pic. My daughter took a quick pic of my hair at 5:30 am. She was headed to catch a flight. So I’m lucky to get this. Lolol. I took one look at the pic and was pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

• C09E2498-FFCF-44DD-8FFD-B409A41E87F9.jpeg
    C09E2498-FFCF-44DD-8FFD-B409A41E87F9.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 34

KenyafromCT

I wasn't expecting to reach SL this year but I always hope for a miracle :yep: My nape is just grazing. My crown is about 2" from my nape. So my hope is that I am close to nape length by December. And that puts me at the top of SL towards the end of 2022.

I'm looking forward to being able to put my hair into a puff and then from there do some type of up style.

For now I'm just sticking with weekly twists set and taking it as easy as possible.
I can’t wait to do a puff. It’s so frustrating. When I think I’m there. I try to luff it. And I’m Not. Lolol

KenyafromCT

Hey y'all hey. I have a pic. My daughter took a quick pic of my hair at 5:30 am. She was headed to catch a flight. So I’m lucky to get this. Lolol. I took one look at the pic and was pleasantly surprised.
So which length am I now? My sides are at my chin/clavicle. My front has gone from eyes to below bottom lip.

faithVA

So which length am I now? My sides are at my chin/clavicle. My front has gone from eyes to below bottom lip.
When you have multiple lengths, pick an area which you want to use to measure for SL.

Some ladies pick the back, some the front. It varies. I measure SL from the back crown.

But for the most part, it sounds like you are nape length. And for many people that is about 4 inches from the top of SL. Hope that helps.

faithVA

Although I got a hard taper last November, my nape is SL. A good portion of my hair is nape length. My crown is just reach the top of my ears.

I have a good 4 inches from nape to the top of SL. That should put my crown at nape. If things go well most of my hair should at least be crazing SL towards the end of next year. And now it is healthier than previous years.

I am looking so forward to being able to put it up in the Spring :pray:

GettingKinky

Although I got a hard taper last November, my nape is SL. A good portion of my hair is nape length. My crown is just reach the top of my ears.

I have a good 4 inches from nape to the top of SL. That should put my crown at nape. If things go well most of my hair should at least be crazing SL towards the end of next year. And now it is healthier than previous years.

I am looking so forward to being able to put it up in the Spring :pray:
That’s awesome that your nape has reached SL!! You are well on your way to full SL.

KenyafromCT

When you have multiple lengths, pick an area which you want to use to measure for SL.

Some ladies pick the back, some the front. It varies. I measure SL from the back crown.

But for the most part, it sounds like you are nape length. And for many people that is about 4 inches from the top of SL. Hope that helps.

Thank you much for that. So even though it’s stretched past my hair is still nape? At what point is SL while stretching!

faithVA

Maybe there was a type somewhere. You said your sides were at chin/clavicle. So I think I assumed chin. If it is at chin then it is nape length. If it is clavicle then shoulder. But I'm not sure which one you meant.

People call shoulder different things.
Shoulder can be when it touches the top.
Some call it when it touches or passes their shoulder blade.

Collarbone is between the two of those.

KenyafromCT

Maybe there was a type somewhere. You said your sides were at chin/clavicle. So I think I assumed chin. If it is at chin then it is nape length. If it is clavicle then shoulder. But I'm not sure which one you meant.

People call shoulder different things.
Shoulder can be when it touches the top.
Some call it when it touches or passes their shoulder blade.

Collarbone is between the two of those.
Ok. Not sure if you saw the pic that I posted on September 29th. I tried to post again but I wasn’t able to.

faithVA

Ok. Not sure if you saw the pic that I posted on September 29th. I tried to post again but I wasn’t able to.
OK based on your picture, the back is SL. It might even be APL but it is hard to tell by the picture.

Are you calling SL when the lower part of the hair in the back reaches SL? or the part closer to the crown? It is totally up to you when and where you call it.

But the part in the picture is SL.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
IMG_20211006_101707.jpg

I am having so much trouble with my photos in my phone but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Left is June and right is like October 1 or 2.

I know it's uneven but the left is about half an inch from SL and right is about 1/2 past. So I'm still not claiming it yet but I should make it by end of December. Then I'll even it up and start working towards APL next year.

faithVA

View attachment 476267

I am having so much trouble with my photos in my phone but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Left is June and right is like October 1 or 2.

I know it's uneven but the left is about half an inch from SL and right is about 1/2 past. So I'm still not claiming it yet but I should make it by end of December. Then I'll even it up and start working towards APL next year.
It is crazy how the hair grows isn't it?

Looking forward to seeing your October pics and celebrating your SL progress.

KenyafromCT

OK based on your picture, the back is SL. It might even be APL but it is hard to tell by the picture.

Are you calling SL when the lower part of the hair in the back reaches SL? or the part closer to the crown? It is totally up to you when and where you call it.

But the part in the picture is SL.
Girl. I don’t even know! :giggle: I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing. And see how it is in December. My daughter took that pic at 5am. She was headed out to catch a flight. So I’m lucky I for that!!

sunnieb

Pics from earlier this week after relaxing.

If there's one good thing about losing all my hair, it gave me the opportunity to grow it back with ends that are the thickest I've ever had. Hope to keep them looking like this as I get more length.

20211011_153930_resized.jpg

Don't know why this one is so dark!
20211011_154229.jpg