2021 Twist, Braid, Bun Challenge - No Hiding Your Hair

faithVA

Washed, conditioned, applied leave and gel and put my hair into 2 strand twists. I can twist my hair in 90 minutes which is fabulous. I'm wondering if it is getting faster as my hair gets a bit longer. We shall see. I know when I started it took me 2 hours.

I'm going to at least keep these in until next Friday but may try to push it until Sunday. I'm thinking I would like to extend my twist to 10 days and do my hair 3x a month instead of every week I will see if I can make it happen.

faithVA

I wore my twist from the 23rd until Monday night which is a stretch for me. Then I took out the twist because I was supposed to wash it and now its almost Thursday and I still haven't washed. I hope to shampoo and deep condition tomorrow and then put twist back in on Friday.

icsonia22

I'm in the same boat. I took my twists out the other day since it had been over 7 weeks but i don't feel like going through the whole wash day shabang so i threw in some fat plaits. My 8 month old can't resist the urge to snatch my hair out so its back to a bun for me. I don't even know if I'll do my once a year straightening. It just doesn't seem worth the trouble

faithVA

I finally got to my hair. I put in deep conditioner on Thursday and put in 2 flat twists. I finally rinsed that conditioner out last night. I followed with a rinse out conditioner and then put in my leave-in. Then I procrastinated for 2 to 3 hours before even starting my twist. I have no idea why I torture myself and don't just get it done.

But I finally finished around 1 am and it is done for the week. I used a twist cream I purchased from my previous stylist. I'm not sure how I like it. I think I over use it because I can't really feel it on my hair. I think it is supposed to be used on slightly damp hair but I'm too impatient to wait that long. I'm going to use it up and then search for something else.

faithVA

So it is just day 1 and not liking the look of my twist with the twisting cream :ohwell: So I will be going back to gel. I will save the twisting cream for flat twists or when I just need to get to the next wash day.

Fortunately, I don't have anywhere to go this week. But I will be promptly taking these out this weekend :yep:

snoop

So it is just day 1 and not liking the look of my twist with the twisting cream :ohwell: So I will be going back to gel. I will save the twisting cream for flat twists or when I just need to get to the next wash day.

Fortunately, I don't have anywhere to go this week. But I will be promptly taking these out this weekend :yep:

What didn't you like about it?

faithVA

What didn't you like about it?
When I use creams my twist tend to stick out instead of hang. And so far it doesn't matter what cream it is. So I'm constantly trying to pin them down or hold them down in some type of way. I took my scarf off a few minutes ago and they were all just sticking straight up in the air :nono:

faithVA

I've been in flat twist for a while. My hair is finally long enough to do better flat twist but I still need a couple of more inches to wear them out. I also need a couple of more inches to comfortable do 2 flat twists for an easy go to style.

I'm finally put in 2 strand twists again which I haven't done since the 1st week of November. I'm back to using gel because they just look better. I will leave the curling creams for the times I blow dry my hair and want to twist it up.

I'm going to try to get back on a 7 to 10 day schedule. I've just been very lazy with my hair lately.

icsonia22

I'm currently wearing medium rope twist pulled up into a bun. My 9 month old loves to pull hair so no fancy styles for me. I tried putting beads on 2 of the twists on the side and i didn't even make it out of the house with them. I gave up blocking little baby hands and wore 2 space buns

faithVA

I took my twist out Sunday but I just got around to washing my hair tonight. I put in two strand twist and will keep them in until Friday. I plan on trimming my ends in twist just to keep it simple. I may do that next weekend before I take the twist out.

icsonia22

Took my twist out, washed, blow dried and flat ironed my hair. I can never get my hair flat but oh well. I'm sure this straight hair won't last long anyway

Attachments

• 20211216_210328_copy_883x1177.jpg
    20211216_210328_copy_883x1177.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211216_211720_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    20211216_211720_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 23