• Tailbone length

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Classic length

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever I can get this year!

Votes: 23 33.8%

• Total voters

Mapleoats

Your hair looks great and I love how it's longer root to tip in the front than the back, which make for less extreme layers. Mine is about the same length all around which makes the layers more extreme than I want. I'm hoping I can grow it long enough that the next time I go to the salon, when I get it cut back to WL or or even BSL, I can get it cut more like yours. But the back more and the front less
Thank you :)

nyeredzi

Hello! Checking in..My hair is doing ok,had a little shedding that was because both my parents had Covid & I was stressing out,but my parents are doing well and I’m back on track..

**I joined the Curly Proverbz hair challenge,to amp up my hair game...Applied some Neges hair growth oil on my scalp & I changed my MSM.

Happy Hair Growing!
I'm glad your parents are doing okay!

Do you have a link for the Curly Proverbs challenge? Any new pics?

Nunavelli

Hey everyone! I wish I had a better update but I will be taking a break from the boards for a couple weeks as major life event has occurred.

I hope by then I will be able to post progress pics. I'm still going to maintain my regime to the best of my abilities.

Don't worry, God has me and I will be back in the race with you all in no time. Even if that means I'm somersaulting my way back in. hehe

nyeredzi

Hey everyone! I wish I had a better update but I will be taking a break from the boards for a couple weeks as major life event has occurred.

I hope by then I will be able to post progress pics. I'm still going to maintain my regime to the best of my abilities.

Don't worry, God has me and I will be back in the race with you all in no time. Even if that means I'm somersaulting my way back in. hehe

Definitely take care of your life and we will be waiting for your when you get back.

So I did wash, a protein tretment, blow dried with an attachment, and trimmed. The part that I always measure went from 20" to 18.5", which was in my target range. I then put into braids with 1B and an ombre of black/purple/hot pink.

braids_purple_pink.jpg

My hair comes very close to the ends of the braids so there wasn't a lot of room to do the hot water set. I really don't want braids longer than this. I'd actually prefer them a little shorter, but that can't be done, I guess. So not sure if or how I'll do braids if they get longer.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Definitely take care of your life and we will be waiting for your when you get back.

So I did wash, a protein tretment, blow dried with an attachment, and trimmed. The part that I always measure went from 20" to 18.5", which was in my target range. I then put into braids with 1B and an ombre of black/purple/hot pink.

View attachment 471067

My hair comes very close to the ends of the braids so there wasn't a lot of room to do the hot water set. I really don't want braids longer than this. I'd actually prefer them a little shorter, but that can't be done, I guess. So not sure if or how I'll do braids if they get longer.
I think one night I was watching YouTube and a lady had long hair, but she wanted a short braided bob(I think), so what they did was kinda fold her hair in half (I don’t remember if it was braids or something. It was late lol) put an elastic to hold it, and just braided to the length she wanted. That might be something you’d be interested in since you don’t want super long braids.

CheChe1881

Ok so here is my update as of 4/8/2021
(Hair is in the same style as in January, but I just brushed it out)

-CURRENT

-COMPARISONS TO 1/14/21

Last edited:

Lita

@Nunavelli We will be here waiting..Wishing you all the best & May Father God bless and keep you..

Ipanema

I'm so late, but I want to join this challenge. I've been stuck at waist length for a long time, and I feel like my hair is short, but I know it isn't. My goal is tailbone length. My problems the ends. When I trim, they seem to get raggedy again very quickly. I don't think I treat the ends much different from the rest of my hair. I'm going to trim again in a few days, and try to figure out a regimen for the ends.

snoop

For the last year, I've been fretting over the random lengths of my hair. I'd do a pull test and some areas are longer than others by INCHES. I didn't want to look at it, let alone photograph it (hence missing the last check in.) Anyway, I got DH to help me take a picture of my hair last week after I'd washed it. My hair was in loose twists. The goal of the photos was to get a good comparative shot of the longer and shorter sections so that I can track my progress going forward.

As I'm moving the sections around so that I could get them to hang straight down, he says stuff like, "no, that's the bottom piece" or "that's the top". I don't use a mirror so sometimes the two pieces are top and bottom not left and right. Anyway, after looking at the photos, I realized that my hair is much more symmetrical than I thought. I don't style with a mirror so my imagination was filling in a lot of blanks. I thought that my outer nape hairs were really long and the middle part got chewed right up. It turns out that the Shorter part is my name along the full width and the longer hair is the row above it along the width. As I was pulling I'd put them side by side not realizing it was top to bottom.

The sides do show a bit of length difference and I think that my crown does as well, but I forgot to take photos.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS TAKE PHOTOS, even if you don't think that you'll like what you'll see.

So here are my April check in photos. :) Excuse the hair. I'd tried an Ethiopian butter treatment on my hair and so I couldn't get a good stretch and I'd JUST finished washing it. My hair just wanted to shrink up and knot itself up as quickly as it possibly could.

LHCF_May2021.jpg LHCF_May2021_2.jpg LHCF_May2021_3.jpg

nyeredzi

For the last year, I've been fretting over the random lengths of my hair. I'd do a pull test and some areas are longer than others by INCHES. I didn't want to look at it, let alone photograph it (hence missing the last check in.) Anyway, I got DH to help me take a picture of my hair last week after I'd washed it. My hair was in loose twists. The goal of the photos was to get a good comparative shot of the longer and shorter sections so that I can track my progress going forward.

As I'm moving the sections around so that I could get them to hang straight down, he says stuff like, "no, that's the bottom piece" or "that's the top". I don't use a mirror so sometimes the two pieces are top and bottom not left and right. Anyway, after looking at the photos, I realized that my hair is much more symmetrical than I thought. I don't style with a mirror so my imagination was filling in a lot of blanks. I thought that my outer nape hairs were really long and the middle part got chewed right up. It turns out that the Shorter part is my name along the full width and the longer hair is the row above it along the width. As I was pulling I'd put them side by side not realizing it was top to bottom.

The sides do show a bit of length difference and I think that my crown does as well, but I forgot to take photos.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS TAKE PHOTOS, even if you don't think that you'll like what you'll see.

So here are my April check in photos. :) Excuse the hair. I'd tried an Ethiopian butter treatment on my hair and so I couldn't get a good stretch and I'd JUST finished washing it. My hair just wanted to shrink up and knot itself up as quickly as it possibly could.

View attachment 471943 View attachment 471945 View attachment 471947
Taking to heart the moral of your story, and nice pic updates. Also, 1978 was a great year ;)

nyeredzi

I'm so late, but I want to join this challenge. I've been stuck at waist length for a long time, and I feel like my hair is short, but I know it isn't. My goal is tailbone length. My problems the ends. When I trim, they seem to get raggedy again very quickly. I don't think I treat the ends much different from the rest of my hair. I'm going to trim again in a few days, and try to figure out a regimen for the ends.
Welcome aboard! Any pics for us?

CheChe1881

UPDATE:

I flat ironed my hair in April for my birthday.

My hair has been maintained since then. It’s old and I need to wash it. I’m not sure why my ends look thin, because in person they look healthy. I should have brushed my hair lol But here is a length check: