• Tailbone length

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Classic length

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Whatever I can get this year!

Votes: 23 33.8%

• Total voters

snoop

I installed mini twists this weekend that I plan on keeping in for around a month, so I'm checking in a bit early. This is the side of my hair that is slightly longer than the other side. My nape hair is around BSL.

I ended up trimming/dusting my hair right after this photo.

LengthCheck_Jun2021_LHCF.jpg

nyeredzi

@Lita Love all those pictures!

@snoop Beautiful twists! The shrinkage is extreme. Do you twist on wet hair?

I lost my twists and their parts. :( So I'm not doing the routine where I retwist a few twists every other night or so. Right now I have about 12 big twists in or Revair dried hair, pulled back in a bun. Not my cutest look, but it'll get me through. I definitely need to detangle them, though. I'm pretty sure on my last trim I cut unevenly. :/ I guess it'll just have to get fixed next time I go into the salon. Wonder when that will be ...

snoop

@Lita Love all those pictures!

@snoop Beautiful twists! The shrinkage is extreme. Do you twist on wet hair?

I lost my twists and their parts. :( So I'm not doing the routine where I retwist a few twists every other night or so. Right now I have about 12 big twists in or Revair dried hair, pulled back in a bun. Not my cutest look, but it'll get me through. I definitely need to detangle them, though. I'm pretty sure on my last trim I cut unevenly. :/ I guess it'll just have to get fixed next time I go into the salon. Wonder when that will be ...

I twist on damp/wet hair. ANY amount of moisture will make my hair shrink. The shorter hair that you see was week old hair that I'd done the GHE on and off with over the week.

I will actually watch my hair shrink ask I'm twisting. Shea butter only slows the shrinkage down by about 30 seconds.

Ipanema

I'm preparing for the summer check-in! I thought I'd post my hair before I get the trim that I desperately need. Time to seriously take care of my hair. It's a bit of a terrible photo, but I haven't taken hair pictures in forever, and then my hair started to puff up from the humidity as I was taking the picture...

IMG_20210621_080835794_BURST001 (3).jpg

snoop

I'm preparing for the summer check-in! I thought I'd post my hair before I get the trim that I desperately need. Time to seriously take care of my hair. It's a bit of a terrible photo, but I haven't taken hair pictures in forever, and then my hair started to puff up from the humidity as I was taking the picture...

View attachment 473107

Your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour!!! :love::love::love:

nyeredzi

View attachment 473107
Wow, the color is amazing! How long did it take for all the gray/white to grow in at the top? Is the gray a really different texture for the black at the bottom?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

View attachment 473107

Wow! Talk about the epitome of gorgeous, cottony, afro-textured hair. Your hair looks like it belongs to a doll sitting on a shelf. It is just so beautiful: the color, the texture, the length! I've never seen hair like this before.

Ipanema

Wow, the color is amazing! How long did it take for all the gray/white to grow in at the top? Is the gray a really different texture for the black at the bottom?
Thanks. It was so gradual. I think probably about 15 years. The gray texture is the same as the black, but the strands are different. The strands are thicker and hold less moisture.

Wow! Talk about the epitome of gorgeous, cottony, afro-textured hair. Your hair looks like it belongs to a doll sitting on a shelf. It is just so beautiful: the color, the texture, the length! I've never seen hair like this before.
:shocked: I've never heard my hair described like this before. Thanks! I learned a lot from being on this forum for so long.

Lita

@nyeredzi Hello!! I think is grew a little more since my last check in..After my Dads surprise birthday party,I’ll check it again..Only thing I’m doing is keeping it moisturized & pinned up in big braids..

Happy Hair Growing!

CheChe1881

Last edited:

CheChe1881

UPDATE:

*i cannot find the numbered shirt I usually use*

I believe I’ve had growth, but my current habits have not been healthy or good. So I’m sure I’ve had the same amount in breakage as I’ve had in growth. So moving Forward I need to get back in protective styling.

nyeredzi

@nyeredzi Girl I was just thinking about you. The “As I am scalp treatment with salicylic acid” works much better than sulfur 8 at keeping flakes at bay. Hair remained clean, not greasy or stinky… 1 month in and no flakes in sight.
Thank you for the recommendation. I'm definitely willing to try it.

Ipanema

Official start and July check-in. Trimmed and ready to grow!

Current length: I refuse to acknowledge this :cry:

Goal length: Tailbone length

Regimen:

--Wash: Separate hair into 8 sections, braid tips of each section, shampoo & condition in the shower, towel dry. While hair is still damp, slather each section with leave-in conditioner and braid each section. Let braids air-dry.
--Style: Undo each braid, oil the hair, and put into big twists or flat-iron (it never gets very straight)

Methods:

--Braiding only the very ends while washing keeps the hair from tangling while also letting me scrub my scalp very well
--Not letting the hair remain in a shrunken state helps avoid single strand knots for me
--Air-drying seems to let the hair hold in a lot of moisture

Favorite products:

--Love, Beauty and Planet shampoo and conditioner (I use the conditioner as a leave-in).
--Sweet almond oil and coconut oil

Photos:

2021July.jpg

Mapleoats

I have my hair in faux locs currently. I posted a mid June update on the APL/BSL/MBL thread but I’ll post it here too. I think I can make MBL by this year. WL will hopefully come next year for me!

Attachments

• 02D94C8B-0F77-44D2-8DAE-A987660FF033.jpeg
    02D94C8B-0F77-44D2-8DAE-A987660FF033.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 43