2022 2023 Challenge - Cowash, Cocleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

snoop

*Copied/modified from 2020/2021 challenge*

Okay Ladies, let's keep it up in 2022 with our Co-Washing, Co-Cleansing, Mud Washing, Honey Cleansing or any other alternative form of cleaning our hair and scalp while retaining moisture. Maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses are the goals here!

Please post updates whenever you partake in any of the mentioned activities. At a minimum, weekly and/or monthly updates are needed to keep this thread active.
This challenge is to motivate and encourage each other to get that maximum moisture and meet our goals. It will also help us learn different techniques and methodology and what seems to work best for different types of hair.
This challenge will end December 31, 2022.

RULES:
Co-Wash/Co-Cleanse/Mud Wash/Honey Cleanse/Other minimum 1x/wkly. More if you'd like! You don't have to do all of them, just choose the method(s) that suit you and your hair.
Report what products or ingredients you are using, how your hair is responding, and any ups and downs you'd like to share with us regarding the methods.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
2) Current hair length:
3) Ultimate hair length:
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
6) Number of times per week you will do this:
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
10) List shampoo:

Join by answering the questions above!

snoop

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
Natural

2) Current hair length:
My longest lengths are WL, but my crown area is APL.

3) Ultimate hair length:
TBL

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
BSL in the crown and TBL in the longer areas.

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
Yucca root washes and kaolin clay washes

6) Number of times per week you will do this:
Weekly

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
Yucca root wash: Dried yucca root boiled in water then strained.
Kaolin clay: Kaolin clay mixed with whatever herb I feel like using that week.

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
Directly after cleansing, I'll do my LCO routine.

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
I haven't yet decided. I'm post one year without traditional shampoo, but I did want to try making my own. Depending on how my hair feels, I'll either wait another 12 months or shampoo quarterly.

10) List shampoo:
Possibly Up North Naturals, DIY, or both.

snoop

Monday: kaolin clay + goat's milk powder, triphala, ashwagandha, rose petal powder, SAA, cassia, hydrolyzed oat protein, plant keratin, baobab protein, and fragrance oil.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Can I ask what cleansing milk is? How are they different than a shampoo?
@snoop
CRN is just calling their's a "Cleansing Milk" It's definitely not a 'Poo (no lather). More like a Cowash Conditioner. Others may call their a Cleansing Creme etc.... = Cowash Conditioner

snoop

Kaolin clay + coconut milk, triphala, goat's milk powder, tallow, ashwagandha, SAA, hydrolyzed oats, plant keratin, panthenol, baobab protein.

snoop

Yesterday:

Kaolin clay + fresh AVG, goat's milk powder, triphala, ashwagandha, rose petal powder, SAA, hydrolyzed oats, plant keratin, panthenol, baobab protein, inositol.

snoop

Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder, triphala, ashwagandha, marshmallow root powder, SAA, hydrolyzed oats, plant keratin, panthenol, baobab protein, inositol, and hydrolyzed collagen.

snoop

Sunday:

Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder, amla, brahmi, fenugreek, moringa, green tea, tirphala, fresh AVG, panthenol, calendula oil, hydrolyzed oat protein, hydrolyzed plant keratin, hydrolyzed baobab protein, SAA

snoop

Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder, ashwagandha, triphala, rose petal powder, honey, plant keratin, oat protein, panthenol.

snoop

Yucca root + reetha (soap nuts), bath tea (Red Rose Flower, Chamomile Flower, Lavender Flower, Spearmint Leaf, Rosemary Leaf, Juniper), honey, and horsetail.

Last edited: