2022 2023 2024 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

snoop

Today was the first time in years of using avacado or banana in my hair. It's currently covered by a t-shirt as it soaks up all of the excess water. Then I'll moisturize and seal.

Bananas, avacado, honey, kaolin clay, colloidal oatmeal, hibiscus.

MzSwift

I'm helping my mom house hunt and move states (to join us!!!) so I just ordered some more lazy hair Ayurveda products! I love my self-mixed products but I need a bit of a break.

This is my staple lazy ayurveda hair shampoo and I'm gonna try out the condish. They're so cheap!

1706477229155.png 1706477260574.png

I'm trying these two out as well:

1706477098669.png 1706477151810.png

snoop

I'm helping my mom house hunt and move states (to join us!!!) so I just ordered some more lazy hair Ayurveda products! I love my self-mixed products but I need a bit of a break.

This is my staple lazy ayurveda hair shampoo and I'm gonna try out the condish. They're so cheap!

View attachment 494141 View attachment 494143

I'm trying these two out as well:

View attachment 494137 View attachment 494139

Moving house is so exciting! Good luck on the search!

Where do you find Vaadi? I've never heard of it.
The Vatika products look promising. Have you used these before?

MzSwift

Moving house is so exciting! Good luck on the search!

Where do you find Vaadi? I've never heard of it.
The Vatika products look promising. Have you used these before?

Thank you -- we're SUPER excited!!

I buy Vaadi on Amazon. I started using it back in 2016. I did a search on Amazon and read reviews. It was easier to get and also $20 cheaper so it was a no-brainer. My hair loved it (I was rocking mini braids exclusively). I use Shikakai (and Neem) in my own cleansing mix so I was trying to find similar pre-mixed products.

I bought the Vatika combo for my Mom in November and they smelled so lovely. I didn't want to ask her if I could try them so I just bought my own. :giggle:

snoop

I buy Vaadi on Amazon. I started using it back in 2016. I did a search on Amazon and read reviews. It was easier to get and also $20 cheaper so it was a no-brainer. My hair loved it (I was rocking mini braids exclusively). I use Shikakai (and Neem) in my own cleansing mix so I was trying to find similar pre-mixed products.

I bought the Vatika combo for my Mom in November and they smelled so lovely. I didn't want to ask her if I could try them so I just bought my own. :giggle:

Thank you! I will take a look!

Dare~to~Dream

Do you find the shampoos to be more stripping or harsh side?

MzSwift

Do you find the shampoos to be more stripping or harsh side?
I haven't tried the Vatika one yet.

But, absolutely, the Vaadi leaves my hair feeling rougher than my usual mix. BUT my usual cleanser mix is 60%-70% condish so most shelf cleansers/poos feel more stripping to me. I think it's because Reetha is a super cleanser and it's in that Vaadi poo. My hair ends up feeling more like it does when I use too much protein than actually feeling stripped - I hope that makes sense. It's a short term effect though bc I always follow up my cleanser by slathering on a very creamy moisturizing condish and leaving it in. I used to use Garnier Triple Nutrition or any other shelf brand targeted for curls (moisturizing curls, etc) and then my EVOO mix to seal.

I can't wait to try the Vatika pair bc that condish looks so promising, moisture-wise.

ETA: I should mention that I don't cleanse daily. I usually cleanse 1-3 times a week. So that may be another reason the poo doesn't have a drying effect.

Last edited:

Dare~to~Dream

I haven't tried the Vatika one yet.

But, absolutely, the Vaadi leaves my hair feeling rougher than my usual mix. BUT my usual cleanser mix is 60%-70% condish so most shelf cleansers/poos feel more stripping to me. I think it's because Reetha is a super cleanser and it's in that Vaadi poo. My hair ends up feeling more like it does when I use too much protein than actually feeling stripped - I hope that makes sense. It's a short term effect though bc I always follow up my cleanser by slathering on a very creamy moisturizing condish and leaving it in. I used to use Garnier Triple Nutrition or any other shelf brand targeted for curls (moisturizing curls, etc) and then my EVOO mix to seal.

I can't wait to try the Vatika pair bc that condish looks so promising, moisture-wise.

ETA: I should mention that I don't cleanse daily. I usually cleanse 1-3 times a week. So that may be another reason the poo doesn't have a drying effect.
Thanks. The bolded makes sense. I might look into these shampoos myself but not now. My aritha powder and a few other powders finally arrived so I will be trying my own little mixtures within the next 2 weeks or so. It would be nice to have an actual backup shampoo depending on how much I like the powders as cleansing agents so I am glad to see these recommendations.

snoop

I'm currently sitting under my heating cap with coconut milk, hibiscus, honey and a bit of cornstarch to thicken it a little. I guess it's what they call a "gravy" or "slurry" since it's not as runny as water.

I don't use my heating cap often, but I only want this stuff in my hair for 20 minutes today and I'm not sure that if generate enough body heat in that time for it to soften my hair.

snoop

Today
Pre-pooed with babassu oil
Washed with kaolin clay mask today + goat's milk powder, honey, cetrimonium chloride, amino acids, hydrolyzed proteins
I followed up with a rinse of rosemary, coltsfoot, nettle, sage, and horsetail

Sarabellam

I went lurking through the old henna threads from 2010s. There is a wealth of knowledge in the old threads. I wish that the links and attachments were still supported by the website. Anyway, I read that one of the members avoided mess by adding henna to the hair on the crown of her head first and moving outward from there. She bantu knotted her hair into one big top knot as she went along. I tried the tip and it was genius. This was the cleanest application I've ever had. The clean up took seconds. I've made bigger messes applying deep conditioner out of the shower.