2022 2023 2024 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

MzSwift

Just steeped a clove and fenugreek tea. Will add it to my Hibiscus/Brahmi/Bhringaraj tea as the "water" in my water/condish/oil spray.
I didn't realize the fenugreek seeds expanded so much. They soaked up a lot of the water. I added more hot water for a second tea. Might do one more time before discarding the seeds and cloves. Not sure what else I can do with them after they've been used. Maybe I can use them in the garden somewhere...:think:

Added cayenne pepper oil to my Bhringaraj scalp oil. Will also be reintroducing sulfur as soon as the sulfur oil is infused.

MzSwift

Lol! I always feel like such a witch when I'm in the bathroom mixing up batches of stuff. lol

My sulfur powder just arrived today and I immediately went in and made a batch of sulfur + nettle leaf + horsetail in almond oil. Grinning like a happy witch the whole time. lol. It sitting under my sink right now but I'm tempted to add a little to my current scalp oil. I can't wait!

I usually infuse EVOO but I've really been feeling almond oil since I finally tried it last year. And it's odorless! It's lighter than Grapeseed oil too so I can save that and the EVOO for my ceramide oil mix.

snoop

Yesterday: Moroccan Clay Gloss Bar + kaolin clay, amino acids, coconut milk.

I didn't like it. I realized after I added the whole thing to my head that there was not need to slather my head with that much butter. I usually like Henna Sooq products, but this one was a no for me. I know that you're supposed to shampoo it out, but I'm currently no poo. My hair felt sooo stiff after rinsing it with water. I had to do a through rinsing today and even after wetting my hair it felt so stiff. Fourty-five minutes under the tap and my hair started loosening up a bit. I felt bitter about thinking about those no oil/butters ladies.

Moroccan Clay Gloss Bar: theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, rhassoul clay, athaea officinalis (marshmallow root)*, optiphen (preservative)
*organic ingredients

The bar is 4.5oz (1/2+ cup). I'm going to pretend that they use 2.5 of the total weight as the clay and the other ingredients. The other 2 oz (1/4 cup) would be the cocoa and shea butters. Those butters are HEAVY. I'm heavy handed, but I don't think I use that much oil on my hair when I do my hair, and definitely not ones that heavy. It was a live and learn experience.

LHCF_Gloss_July 5.png
I love how thick it made my hair look, though....:look:

MzSwift

Journal Notes

It seems complicated bc I mix my own products, but the end result is that I primarily only use a few self-mixed products on my hair:
-cleanser
-condish
-scalp oil
-hair oil
-"water" spray bottle (filled w herbal tea)

Refilled and remixed scalp oil: Bhringraj,Amla, Nettle and Horsetail infused almond oil + prepackaged herbal mix infused EVOO + peppermint/chamomile/lavender/orange/rosemary/clove bud/fenugreek/capsicum EOs and filled the rest w Almond oil.

Cleansed w Shikakai cleanser (Shikakai/Neem powders + condish+ peppermint castile soap + lemon EO)
Applied to scalp only + MT

50/50 mix of Fenugreek and clove bud tea + Hibiscus, Brahmi and Bhringraj hair tea sprayed on hair. (L)
Rubbed in Cassia, Amla, Brahmi condish (C)
Prepackaged herbal hair oil mix to seal (O)

Looking back on my notes from Feb, I actually put a few spoonfuls each of Fenugreek seeds and clove buds into the bottom of the scalp oil bottle before mixing up my scalp oil. And my LHCF posts in the 1-2 months following seem to imply that I experienced faster than usual hair growth. :scratchchin: I didn't do it w the refilled mix afterwards bc I kept getting small pieces of clove buds on my scalp so I used clove bud EO and Fenugreek EO instead.
I think I'm gonna go back to adding the the full seeds/buds back into this mix to see what's up.

ETA: Probably will not be repurchasing this prepackaged herbs mix. I'm not convinced that it's responsible for any improvement in my hair as a result of using it. Also, I like feeling like I know exactly what I'm adding to my hair and I have no idea what these leaves, seeds and sticks are. lol

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It seems like I should for 2024 since there hasn't been a new thread for a few years. Let's do it.
@mzteaze
Yes, there may be some interest out there.

I still have powders, oils, teas I wouldn't mind using up. And I'm sure several folks are still using something Ayurvedic.

Will be good for the Winter months when we're stuck in the house (for those of us who experience :cold:.....:freezing:)

MzSwift

@mzteaze

IA, there's a good sized group of us who incorporate Ayurveda techniques into our HHJs.
I've never put down the powders since I first picked them up in 2010.

Even when I backslide, I never leave Ayurveda behind. It's one thing I'm consistent about. If I got too lazy to mix my own, I just bought pre-mixed commercial Ayurvedic poos, condishes and oils.

MzSwift

OK, here's my EOTY update!
If we're in multiple threads together, I'm sorry you have to keep seeing the same photos. :blush:

Ayurveda has NEVER failed me. From the moment I first picked the powders up in 2010, the quality of my hair improved phenomenally! I use Ayurvedic cleanser, conditioner, scalp oil, hair oil, daily moisturizing conditioner and even use a tea as my daily spray bottle mixture. My hair LOVES!! :love2:

Dec 2022, after cutting out my locs that year
1704113541801.png

Dec 2023
1704113519255.png

snoop

OK, here's my EOTY update!
If we're in multiple threads together, I'm sorry you have to keep seeing the same photos. :blush:

Ayurveda has NEVER failed me. From the moment I first picked the powders up in 2010, the quality of my hair improved phenomenally! I use Ayurvedic cleanser, conditioner, scalp oil, hair oil, daily moisturizing conditioner and even use a tea as my daily spray bottle mixture. My hair LOVES!! :love2:

Dec 2022, after cutting out my locs that year
View attachment 493533

Dec 2023
View attachment 493531

That's a lot of growth in one year!

I'm thinking about re-introducing ayurvedic/herbal oils into my routine again. Doesn't hurt to have that extra "umph" in the hair routine.