2022 2023 Oil Butter Lotion Creme Pomade Butter Serum Grease Challenge

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Welcome One & All!:bighug:

Let's Start the New Year on that Oil, Butter, Grease, Creme, Lotion ,Pomade Tip!

Just Post What You are Using and What You're Doing!

Ya'll already know the Drill!

Let's make this a Great, Active, Challenge. We get a Doux-Over (for the next 2 years). So, Let's Get it Done!:cheers:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Think I can join this.

Last year I suffered a minor setback by eliminating oils and butters (I wanted to see what the hype was about). Once I added oils again, my hair did way better. It thickened up and I retained a good portion of my length.

Right now my hair is straighten so I won't be washing or moisturizing until the end of the week. Then I'll be incorporating almond oil for sealing.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think Imma incorporate Oil Rinsing into my Regi this year (after I rinse out my DC'er - I will add oil to my hair and rinse with warm water).

Will monitor this and see if it stays:scratchchin:

DVAntDany

This may sound like a stupid question, but I really don’t know. What do you use lotions, butters, creams and etc for? I ask because I haven’t used them in years and never really knew what to do with them in the past.

When I was little my mom used grease and lotions to slick my hair into ponytails and plaits. Eventually I would use moisturizer with strengthening properties on the ends of my straightened hair at night before wrapping. Beyond that, I’ve never know how or why to include them in a hair regimen. These products intrigue me, but I don’t know what to do with them.

Lissa0821

Still rocking with Natures Blessing pomade. I recently purchased BB super gro hair grease to try somethinv new that's still lightweight.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Used The Doux Bonita Afro Balm last night. Its a little deceiving with the creamy texture but its oily once it dries down. Needed to wash my durag because it got oily. My hair feels nice this morning. Very soft and hydrated even though I used a protein leave in. Will put this in my rotation!

Prettyeyes

This may sound like a stupid question, but I really don’t know. What do you use lotions, butters, creams and etc for? I ask because I haven’t used them in years and never really knew what to do with them in the past.

When I was little my mom used grease and lotions to slick my hair into ponytails and plaits. Eventually I would use moisturizer with strengthening properties on the ends of my straightened hair at night before wrapping. Beyond that, I’ve never know how or why to include them in a hair regimen. These products intrigue me, but I don’t know what to do with them.
I use them lightly to either retain moisture these are the greases and oils. And I use lotion and creams for hydration. My hair is dry and drinks it up. One way I use them is I apply a small amount of cream and then I go over it with grease or oil to seal in the oil. Also people put grease on their dry itchy scalp. HTH

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Used Camille Rose Almond Jai and Afro Sheen Lush Fro Butter on top of S-curl. Loving the results

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Sealed with Afro Sheen Lush Fro Butter. I love this stuff.

Also sprayed OGX Argan Oil Healing Dry Oil Spray on top for extra shine

Last edited: