2022 Christian Random Thoughts - It’s All About Trust in Jesus

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Happy and Blessed 2022 Everyone. It is our time to trust in God all the more. Allowing Him to show Himself strong in our hearts and our lives. God is with us; surely He is with us. He gave us Jesus to prove it. Sealed in His heart, each of us are…forever. Let us thank Him for so great a beautiful gift of His love.

Thank you, Dear Holy Father, in the Precious Holy Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen,

Devotional
The Sabbath Must Be Entered
Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Those of you who live near or work with Orthodox Jews are aware of something that happens every week.

Every week on Friday, a few hours before sunset, Orthodox Jews begin rushing around, going home early, preparing, doing last minute shopping, doing all their last preparations, then rushing to their homes before sundown.

The Sabbath doesn't just come as do other days of the week. It is written in the fourth chapter of Hebrews that God's people must also enter the Shabbat and we must labor to enter it.

For us in Messiah, the peace of the Shabbat is every day. But it doesn't just come to us. We must enter it.

You can have peace and joy and blessings every day of your week. But don't expect it to just show up one day at your door. Choose to enter into the presence of God every day of your life.

Spend time entering. Practice entering. Get good at entering. And you can dwell in the Shabbat every day of your life. In other words, every day of your life can be like a weekend. Let it start today. Shabbat Shalom.

From Message #872 - The Shabbat Secrets
Scripture: Isaiah 56:6-8

Hope of the World - Daily Sapphires, Vitamins for your Sprit (gothamweb.net)

TODAY'S MISSION - Learn the secret of entering into Messiah's Sabbath, the Lord's deep peace and shalom - set time aside for Him and seek His peace and joy.

Shimmie

Staff member
“The Shell of You”

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Thursday, January 6, 2022

Messiah said you must be born again.

One of the symbols of being born again is the butterfly because in nature, it goes through the first part of its life crawling - as a caterpillar. And then it becomes a heavenly creature - a beautiful symbol - the butterfly.

But in between the worm stage and the butterfly stage is the stage called the chrysalis. The caterpillar wraps itself around; it becomes entombed in this shell that has the shape of the caterpillar. But inside that shape of the caterpillar something's happening; it's metamorphosis. It's a heavenly creature being born.

It's the same with you. You're born again. But you find yourself with the old ways; the old lusts sometimes come up. That's the chrysalis; that's the shell. It's not you anymore. It's the outer man. The outer wasn't born again.

The new you is the inner man. It says, "live in the inner man." And what does the butterfly do to become a butterfly? It breaks open the old shell.

So break open the old habits, the old thoughts, with the power of God, with the spirit of God which is new in the inner man. Break the shell.

From Message #903 - The Chrysalis
Scripture: Ephesians 3:16

TODAY'S MISSION - Pray and ask God for strength, for help to break out of the old you, and live in the new by His spirit in the inner man, and start breaking out of the shell.

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Thursday, January 6, 2022

Shimmie

Staff member
The Evidence of The True Pentecostals

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Friday, January 7, 2022

Many believers speak about Pentecost and what it is to be Pentecostal, or what it is to be spirit-filled; gifts of tongues, prophesies and miracles.

All these things are in the Bible, but it's missing the point.

Pentecost or Shavuot in Hebrew produced this result 2,000 years ago, "And they were continually devoting themselves to the apostle's teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."

Shavuot or Pentecost was not just a day or an event or even an experience; it was reality. The long-lasting Pentecostal result was the change of daily life, of daily routine.

A true Spirit-filled life is one that affects your daily routine. The occasional highs don't do it - it's godliness in your daily routine that will move the greatest mountains.

If you want to really flow in the Spirit - start letting the Spirit change your real life, your real everyday routine, from your waking up to your going to bed.

Get into godly habits of real prayer, real communion, real learning of the Word, real love and that's the real Pentecostal result.

From Message #1129 - A Guide For The Spirit Filled
Scripture: Acts 2:17-18

TODAY'S MISSION - Start letting the Holy Spirit change your daily routine. Seek His will. Make it a habit for real prayer time and reading His word. Praise Him all through your day.

Shimmie

Staff member
Sgt. Pepper, Summer of Love, & The Ancient Prophecy

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Monday, January 10, 2022

June 7, 1967, a date in which ancient prophecy was fulfilled.

It was the year when the Beatles came out with the album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." The Vietnam War was in full swing and public opinion turning increasingly against it. It was into that world of flower power and anti-war protests that a prophecy spoken thousands of years before it was fulfilled.

The Jewish people, in the Six Day War, returned to the city of Jerusalem. It was the missing puzzle piece of every latter day prophecy which required the Jewish people to be in that city. While the world was going along its course with all its distractions, God fulfilled His ancient prophecy.

What does it show you?

God is real and His word is good, and if God could work through every event of 1967 to fulfill His ancient word, how much more is He working all things in your life together for good and for His good purpose.

Rejoice! For the Lord says, "I know the plans I have for you. Plans for shalom and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope."

From Message #701 - Yerushalyim: The Mystery
Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11-13

TODAY'S MISSION - Watch what God is doing today in your life. Your Savior has appointed your steps ahead of you. Fulfill His will and step into His plans.

Shimmie

Staff member
Dearest Holy Father God,

I’m excited for a new year, and I want to step into it with boldness and confidence. But if I’m being honest, I’m uncertain of what the year will hold—and that can feel unsettling.

Search me, God, and refresh my heart.

Please help me surrender my expectations for this year. Transform my mind as I draw near to You.

Search me, God, and align my heart with Yours.

As I pursue the plans You have for me, let me remember what You’ve already helped me overcome.

Search me, God, and heal my heart.

Whatever this year holds, I know You hold me. Nothing is impossible for You!

Restore me, God, and make me new.

In Jesus’ name, Amen

blessedandfavoured

Dearest Holy Father God,

I’m excited for a new year, and I want to step into it with boldness and confidence. But if I’m being honest, I’m uncertain of what the year will hold—and that can feel unsettling.

Search me, God, and refresh my heart.

Please help me surrender my expectations for this year. Transform my mind as I draw near to You.

Search me, God, and align my heart with Yours.

As I pursue the plans You have for me, let me remember what You’ve already helped me overcome.

Search me, God, and heal my heart.

Whatever this year holds, I know You hold me. Nothing is impossible for You!

Restore me, God, and make me new.

In Jesus’ name, Amen
Amen and amen!

Shimmie

Staff member
The Time of Messiah's Coming

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The rabbis have identified Daniel 9 as telling when Messiah will come.

Rabbi Moses Abraham Levi wrote, "I have examined and searched all of the Holy Scriptures but haven't found the time for Messiah's coming clearly fixed except in the words of Gabriel in the Prophet Daniel which are written in the Ninth Chapter of Daniel."

Daniel 9 says that Messiah's coming to Jerusalem. He will be cut off or killed and the temple city and sanctuary will be destroyed.

That happened in 70 A.D. Messiah had to have come before the year 70 A.D. There's only one contender - Yeshua/Jesus of Nazareth.

For 2,000 years the rabbis and Jewish people have missed, seeking other messiahs and have never found their peace. The lesson is, your greatest blessing is often right in front of you.

Even as believers we seek for joy, satisfaction, acceptance, and fulfillment in people, wealth, all different things of life. Yet, the blessing is right there from God. He never will deny you His blessing if you come to Him.

Come back to the Lord, your first love. For the blessing you're waiting for has already come.

From Message #908 - The Forbidden Prophecy III
Scripture: John 3:16

TODAY'S MISSION - Take time today to come back to your first love. Love the Lord with all your heart and strength, serve Him and He will heap blessings on you.

Shimmie

Staff member
The Rejected Missionary

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Letter from missions board to an applicant:

"We received your application and we're surprised.

* You're afflicted with severe eye trouble. This is a handicap to effective ministry.
* Is it appropriate for a missionary to do part-time secular work? You're making tents on the side. * * The church in Philippi was the only church that supported you. We wonder why.
* Is it true that you have a jail record? Certain brethren report that you did time at Caesarea and were imprisoned at Rome.
* You refer to yourself as aged. Our missions policy is to only accept young applicants. We advise you to stick with tent making."

Signed, The Foreign Missions Board.”

This was to Apostle Paul. When you think about it, he was unlikely yet the greatest apostle.

You might not be a likely missionary or minister. God chooses and delights in those who aren't likely.

Have you been discouraged from doing God's will? God only chooses those who are not qualified. He doesn't call the qualified; he qualifies the called. Just answer and go. God will take care of the rest. Be willing and God will take care of making you able.

From Message #909 - The Mission People
Scripture: Philippians 4:13

TODAY'S MISSION - Go boldly into the world. Answer God's calling for you, today. You are qualified to serve Him. Be willing; you have been enabled.

—————

Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us so much. You gave your life to qualify our lives for and with you. We bow our hearts and thank you. In your Holy Precious Name. Amen

Shimmie

Staff member
The Voice of The Nahash

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Friday, January 14, 2022

The Hebrew word for serpent or snake is nahash.
It sounds like someone is whispering, nahash, nahash. The word for snake also means the whisperer, nahash.

In the Bible, the serpent is the symbol of the enemy. The enemy is a whisperer; he works in a subtle crafty way, in secret, in the darkness.

The work of the enemy begins with a whisper. A thought comes into your mind and you're wondering, "How did that happen?" He doesn't say it out loud. He whispers a little thing, a little idea. If you go with that, the whisper becomes a sin. The whisper becomes an action; the action becomes a habit, the habit a lifestyle and the lifestyle a destiny.

How do you fight the enemy?

You fight him when that thing is just a notion, a whisper or a temptation. That thing comes in, that whisper of anger, that whisper of lust, that whisper of doing what you know is wrong, you fight it.

Drown it out when you hear that little word of temptation. Speak the Word of God and you will drown out the whisperer.

From Message #914 - The Forked Tongue
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 10:5

TODAY'S MISSION - Today, fight sin when it's just a whisper, a thought, a notion. Drown it out at the beginning.

Shimmie

Staff member
Gravity-Free Living

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Thursday, January 13, 2022

(Note: Posted in this thread
Saturday, January 15, 2022)

Are you burdened down with problems, worries, fears, a million issues?

You think: “…if I get rid of the problems I'll get rid of the burdens.”

——— No.

This world has problems, but there's a secret of how to live a burden-free life. The problem isn't the problem; it's the weight, the gravity, that's the problem.

We're to be living in the heavenlies. We're not of this world. If you go into the heavenlies, that thing won't weigh anything anymore. There's no more gravity.

Get your life away from the earthly. Don't be bound by the gravity of this world. Live in the spirit. Dwell in the heavenlies. Get your eyes and mind off the problem. Get your eyes on God and refresh yourself in the heavenly places.

Rejoice in heavenly treasures and you'll find yourself free from the gravity of the world. You might have the problem but it won't weigh anything anymore.

He said, "My yoke is easy, my burden is light."

Dwell with the Lord in the heavenlies and your burdens will become light. It all begins when you begin to dwell in the heavenly places and away from gravity.

From Message #911 - Leaving Gravity
Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30

TODAY'S MISSION - Stay continually today in the Lord's presence. Dwell with your Saviour and rejoice you are no longer weighed down.

Shimmie

Staff member

Shimmie

Staff member
The Bread of Extra

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Monday, January 17, 2022

You might be saying you don't have enough. I don't have enough in my life: I don't have enough money, time, and affection and never have enough anything. You have a lot of lack and you sometimes complain; you're not satisfied.

What does the Bible say?

The Lord's Prayer says, "Give us this day our daily bread". Do you have daily bread? Go to your kitchen; do you have bread for the day? Chances are you do; and not only that you've got more than that because you have weekly bread. You have enough for the week or even longer.

And yet the Bible says to pray just for daily bread. So if daily bread is sufficient in your life, then weekly bread is extra. Consider yourself blessed! If you've got daily bread, that's blessing itself. Many people don't have that, but you've got bread beyond the day.

Do you want to be blessed?

Start giving thanks for what you have. You got saved, you're blessed; you got daily bread, and you're blessed! You're saved from hell, you're blessed. Give thanks for all the blessings and you'll have more than enough.

From Message #495 - Our Daily Bread
Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:18

TODAY'S MISSION - Live today in the realm of extra - take no blessing for granted but as a new and extra gift of God's love.

Shimmie

Staff member
Remember no More

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Tuesday, January 18, 2022

God told His people to always remember the Exodus, how He saved them out of Egypt, how He split the sea in two, how He brought them to Sinai, and to the Promised Land. God told Israel to remember the Law He gave them.

It is holy to remember what God has done in our lives. But it is holy also to not remember when it comes to what man has done or not done in our lives.

We are saved in the first place because God chooses not to remember. It is written in Isaiah 43, "I will remember your sin no more."

We need to practice the holy act of not remembering. It's not just that we forget. It is rather we choose to "remember no more." It is not passive. It is an act of the will in God's grace.

To remember no more, means there is something there that can be remembered, but God chooses to specifically remember it not. So what that person did to you, it's hard to forget. But you need to do what God did. You need to choose to remember it no more.

From Message #461 - Be ye Imperfect I
Scripture: Hebrews 8:12

TODAY'S MISSION - Today, forgive and forget all the wrongful things done to you. Choose to remember them no more but instead dwell on all the good God has done for you.

Shimmie

Staff member
Paying The Price of God

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Thursday, January 20, 2022

When you buy something you pay at least what you think that thing is worth or you wouldn't buy it. You might pay less for it if you're getting a bargain, but nobody pays more than what they think it's worth.

When looking at Calvary, you see nail pierced hands. The King of Kings left His throne to dwell with us and be the ultimate price for sin, past, present and future.

Yeshua paid for you with His own life. He came down to rescue us as we could not save ourselves of our own sinful nature. Thus, He loves you more than He loves His own life!!

Love Him more than your own life - even more, love others more than your own life.

For God so loved YOU that the price was Himself so that you would live your life in a way that was worthy of the price He paid. A life worthy... of the life of God.

From Message #527 - Price (message title)
Scripture: Isaiah 56:1

TODAY'S MISSION - You have been bought with the price of God's own life. Now live today, a day and a life worthy of that purchase.

Shimmie

Staff member
In Autumn it will Come

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Friday, January 21, 2022

Teshuvah, it's Hebrew for return, repentance - Teshuvah.

For two thousand years, the Jewish people have rejected the Gospel and wandered the earth away from Messiah. There is a great mystery in that God has set up the Age as a sacred Hebrew year.

The autumn represents the season of repentance. And the fact that the season of repentance comes at the end, signifies that the time of Jewish repentance, their return to God and Messiah, will only happen at the end of the age.

Just as the Hebrew year waits for the Jewish people to repent, in order to conclude, so the entire age and creation is waiting for the return of the Jewish people to their Messiah. It will surely come in God's appointed time, and when it does, so too will come Messiah and redemption to the world.

So never stop praying for the Jewish people, or their redemption. The same for your life, never stop seeking God or the blessing He has for you.

God's promises are good, and they will come in their appointed time. And when they do, you will know they were more than worth the wait.

From Message #1204 - The Three End-Time Teshuvas
Scripture: Psalm 122:6

TODAY'S MISSION - Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for the day that God's ancient people will say "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord."

Shimmie

Staff member
The Encounter & The Straight Street

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Monday, January 24, 2022

Shaul or Paul was on Damascus Road when he had the vision from God; a very dramatic way that salvation came for Paul. But it didn't end on Damascus Road.

It led Paul to Straight Street. In other words, salvation must lead to a straight walk. Every encounter, every experience with God has to lead to Straight Street, a daily straight path.

True change isn't a high or an experience, but a changed life. The very experience of God leads to righteousness because experience isn't good in itself if God isn't in it. God's presence is for nothing if it doesn't change your life.

Take the blessings of God in your life and turn them into a new way of life. Take the experience and feeling of love and turn it into a straight path of love. Take that experience of victory and turn it into a straight path of victory.

Take that experience of the Holy Presence of God and turn it into a straight street of holiness, because the experience is only the beginning.

The victory is the changed life. Damascus Road always leads to Straight Street.

From Message #635 - A Street Called Straight
Scripture: Acts 9:1-20

TODAY'S MISSION - Today, claim the victory that you have through Yeshua. Live a transformed life of holiness; for you have been forever changed by His glory.

PatDM'T

Beautiful sermon
about the power
(and importance)
of fasting by
the late Pastor
Derek Prince.

If ever we needed
to do so the most,
it is now with
all that the world
is experiencing.

Shimmie

Staff member
Beautiful sermon
about the power
(and importance)
of fasting by
the late Pastor
Derek Prince.

If ever we needed
to do so the most,
it is now with
all that the world
is experiencing.

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful message. :rose: God bless you.

Shimmie

Staff member
Hitler & Niemoller

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Hitler tried to neutralize the church. He said to pastors: "you confine yourself to the church, I'll take care of the German people."

Hitler's deal was the devil's deal. He can't take away your faith; so he says, keep your faith away from the people. If he can't destroy your faith, he'll neutralize it.

Too many believers have accepted the deal. They hear the Word of God, worship, talk to the Lord in church, but the rest of their lives aren't touched. That's exactly what the enemy wants.

He wants it all to stay in the sanctuary and that way there's no miracle or victory.

Tell the devil, no deal! If you made a deal, tear it up! Take the gospel and spread it. Take the love of Messiah and let it change your life. Take the power of the Spirit and go out on the highways.

Take down that wall between Sunday morning and the rest of your week. The Lord came down to this life that this life would change; all of it because there are no deals with the devil. He is only Lord at all if He is Lord of all!

From Message #636 - The Reich And The Kingdom
Scripture: Mark 1:19

TODAY'S MISSION - Take the Word on the road with you today, take it outside and let His light shine, share your blessings with others that they may see your faith in the Lord of all.

Shimmie

Staff member
Beautiful Message per Max Lucado:

“…God loves. And he loves the world so much he gave his son.

No abstract ideas but a flesh-wrapped divinity. Scripture equates Jesus with God. God, then, gave himself. Why?

So that "whoever believes in him shall not perish."

Shimmie

Staff member
Beggars, Princes, & Fairy Tales

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A king adopts a beggar child, takes him into his mansion and says, "all this is yours".

The child takes the candlesticks and jewels and puts them in his pocket. He takes the paintings down, puts them in a bag. The child still has the mind and heart of a beggar. He doesn't really believe he's rich, adopted or loved. As long as he clings to it, he's not.

If we're clinging to money, that means we're really not rich. If we're clinging to possessions, that means we really don't have much. If we're clinging to the love of people, then it means we really don't have love. If we're clinging to anything in the world, it means we really don't have much in heaven.

You're a child of God if you're born again. You're a child of the king. Whatever He has is yours. He has gladly, freely, given you the kingdom and all His blessings. You don't have to cling to things anymore. If you're His child, you're rich. Receive it and stop clinging.

Let go and be blessed. In God, you're no longer a beggar. You're a child of the King.

From Message #638 - Beggars, Princes, & Fairy Tales
Scripture: Luke 12:32

TODAY'S MISSION - Give to those in need and help the ones who have lost hope; love those who need to see and feel God's love. Doing these things, we store up heavenly treasures and His blessings.

Hope of the World - Daily Sapphires, Vitamins for your Sprit

Shimmie

Staff member
Sharing a beautiful prayer that was so graciously shared with me. :rose:

:rose: Scriptures:

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.

Jeremiah 30:17
For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds, says the Lord

:rose: Loving Prayer…:pray:

Most Gracious and Loving Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the precious promises You have graciously give me. I stand in awe of You. Even when I do not deserve all You have given me,

Dear Lord…Forgive me where I have fallen short of Your glory. Dear Holy Father, make every crooked path straight in my life that You get the glory out of my life.

Fill me to overflowing with Your Spirit; Lord give Your strength to stand up for righteousness.

Your word tells us in Isaiah 41:10, “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am Your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Lead, guide, direct, me in the way I should go all the days of my life, that I may dwell in Your house all the days of my life to worship the beauty of the Lord and praise Him in His temple.

All, in the Precious Holy Name of Jesus :rose: Amen

Shimmie

Staff member
God Bless America: Meaning What?

Rabbi Jonathan Kahn
Thursday, January 27, 2022

After 9-11, everyone was saying God bless America, but which God? Which America?
What blessing?

Is it the God of the Bible or the God of political correctness?

Is America founded to be a light to the nations, a new Jerusalem, source of Gospel missions, refuge of the Jewish people, friend of Israel?

Or the America that's the chief exporter of pornography, immorality and the god Mammon, which has daily blasphemed God on its media airwaves, and advocated the killing of tens of millions of unborn children - an entire generation?

The blessing of safety and prosperity - so we can continue in sin?

No, the point isn't "God bless America", the point is "America, bless God!"

The focus of our prayers isn't to be our nation's prosperity, but our nation's repentance.

In our own lives, our prayers tend to focus on God blessing us - but more important is that we repent and live in God's will.

You can't expect His blessings if you don't submit to His will. Pray and seek that your life be truly in His will. Bless God with your obedience and God will bless you with His best.

From Message #923 - Sound of The Watchmen

Scripture: Acts 17:30

TODAY'S MISSION - Pray for our country, its people, its government, that we, as a nation will turn from our sin and seek God's face. Repent and turn away from the spiritual darkness.

Shimmie

Staff member
Psalm 15 :rose:

Lord who may dwell in Your secret tent?
Who may live on Your holy Mountain?

The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart,

Whose tongue utters no slander, who does no wrong to a neighbor, and casts no slur on others; who despises a vile person but honors those who fear the Lord;

Who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;
who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not except a bribe against the innocent.

Whoever does these things will never be shaken.

Prayer :pray:

Dearest Holy Father, enable me to walk upright before You. To stand up for what is right in Your sight every day that I draw breath from You.

Draw me by Your Spirit that the decisions I make is a reflection of You. Till all they see is You in me.

I ask You to do these things in the Matchless Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Shimmie

Staff member
21 Days of Prayer for
Revival

DAY 1: DESIGNED FOR INTIMACY

WEEK 1: PERSONAL REVIVAL

When tracing any theme through Scripture, it is always wise to check out how it all started. What were God’s original intentions? To do this we have to return to the beginnings. So, our Scripture reading today goes right back to revival in the Garden. Except that it wasn’t called “revival” because there was nothing to revive at that stage. No-one had slipped backwards. That comes in this Scripture reading. We find God’s plan for our relationship with him and how that all got messed up in this passage. You may have to read between the lines a little to discern God’s intentions, but I am sure you can see it.

Scripture: Genesis 3:6-10

Devotion

A lot is made of nakedness in this passage so perhaps we should start there. Up to this point in the narrative, Adam and Eve had been completely naked and completely unashamed. They were not the same and they were certainly different from God, but this had no impact on their relationships. They were open books. Nothing to hide. No shame. No embarrassment.

www.Bible.com