2022 Christian Random Thoughts - It’s All About Trust in Jesus

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I need to voice this and I have no one to do so. I have been following this Black lady on youtube as her videos are very much about God. I watched a video this morning about ones flame that it doesn't have to be big but needs to be real. Not sure why but that has me in such a stirred state. She used an example of this faux fireplace it has a heater but no real flame so no matter if you put a candle to it it will never light because the flame is fake. I then watched a beauty youtube vlog and I hate those but something made me watch it and then something made me comment and I don't typically comment about God in such forums. I don't know if its God trying to work within or if its just a fluke but its wild. I have no connections to people so its just me alone in this walk aside for ta few exchanges here.

newgrowth15

I need to voice this and I have no one to do so. I have been following this Black lady on youtube as her videos are very much about God. I watched a video this morning about ones flame that it doesn't have to be big but needs to be real. Not sure why but that has me in such a stirred state. She used an example of this faux fireplace it has a heater but no real flame so no matter if you put a candle to it it will never light because the flame is fake. I then watched a beauty youtube vlog and I hate those but something made me watch it and then something made me comment and I don't typically comment about God in such forums. I don't know if its God trying to work within or if its just a fluke but its wild. I have no connections to people so its just me alone in this walk aside for ta few exchanges here.
You don't have to be alone if you don't want to be. In Proverbs 18:24 it says that if you want friends, you must be friendly. (Paraphrased) Ask God to lead you to godly people with whom you can share and have fellowship. You will be surprised at the people He brings into your life. May God bless you on your journey.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
"Praying for Our Children In Jesus' Holy Name"

Dearest Holy Father in Heaven:

We bow our hearts and unto you, we pray for our children as they return to school.

This prayer includes the young children and babies in DayCare and Nursery Care, all schools and colleges as well as trade schools.

Dear Holy Father, with your beautiful loving grace and powerful blessings, we anoint and consecrate and dedicate all students, of all ages, of all backgrounds unto you. There shall be no gaps, no places of entry of any evil nor unclean spirits.

We anoint and consecrate and dedicate the school grounds, inside and out...the walls and the halls, windows and doors; including the teachers, staff, cafeteria, janitorial staff, transportation (school bus drivers, Uber transportation and the parents and siblings...all those of contact and influential status.

Dear Holy Father God, we shake the (unclean) dust of unclean feet from entering into their / our homes and classrooms and bind and rebuke the (evil) curriculums, away from the souls of our children--as well as--away from their peers, siblings, classmates, who have no one to intercede for them.

Dear Holy Father, we thank you for scripture:
Mark 4:22:

Hence....There shall be no hidden agendas, no hidden curriculums of evil, no teachings that can bring harm to our children's minds, souls, bodies, nor alter their relationship with you. Neither shall evil mind-altering teachings fall upon the souls, minds and bodies of their peers and classmates.

All wickedness shall be exposed and decomposed. It shall not be performed. There shall be no evil spread.

"There is nothing hid which shall not be manifested, neither anything kept secret but that it should come abroad."

-- Mark 4:22

Dear Holy Father,

No child, of any age nor gender, male and female, shall be left out of prayer nor left behind for the evil spirits against God's rule and reign.

These children shall excel with the Mind of Christ...the heart of God the Holy Father and led by none other than God's Holy Spirit.

In Jesus' Precious Holy Name, Amen

Psalm 89:22

"...The enemy shall not exact himself upon them."

Thank you Dear Holy Father God...In Jesus Precious Holy Name, Amen

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I was watching my former church service Sunday when the lead pastor made the announcement he would be on leave bc of some inappropriate messages with a lady not sexual just not kosher for a married man. I really feel bad for him as people are already making social media content on it. His humbleness in owning it and not bucking as most men would has me very sober.

ckisland

I went to church for the first time in at least 3 years today. I kept tearing up during worship and was not expecting for my heart to feel so full.

Today's sermon also hit me. It was about having God size dreams, God choosing to use us in His mission to rescue the world, and realizing how big God actually is. One thing he said that really hit home was something like, "Christians believe but live an atheist lifestyle." That really spoke to my current spiritual condition.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I’m struggling to remain in Christianity as it seems nothing is ever good enough and this world is beyond broken. I try to keep seeking God and not lean too much on my understanding yet this world and life is devoid of anything but trials and pain. I try to count my blessings to even have the ability to read and write, for the very breathe I’m taking while writing this. I’m not stupid or head in the clouds.
Listening to my former church where the pastor made the news last week, the sermon hit we are born to worship and celebration is a form of it. While all I really know is valleys in life I’m trying to hold to the morning. I want to be like psalm 43.

Shimmie

Staff member
I’m struggling to remain in Christianity as it seems nothing is ever good enough and this world is beyond broken. I try to keep seeking God and not lean too much on my understanding yet this world and life is devoid of anything but trials and pain. I try to count my blessings to even have the ability to read and write, for the very breathe I’m taking while writing this. I’m not stupid or head in the clouds.
Listening to my former church where the pastor made the news last week, the sermon hit we are born to worship and celebration is a form of it. While all I really know is valleys in life I’m trying to hold to the morning. I want to be like psalm 43.
@Plushottie :pray:
Dearest One, whom Jesus loves…
Rest in God’s loving arms and protecting promises. It’s the safest place to be.

Your former Pastor’s error, is not about you. Don’t give up your faith in Jesus. No matter what occurs with others, God still has loving plans for you. In this life, amidst all of it’s trials, God will never leave you nor forsake you. No…not ever.

Hebrews 13:5
All Glory unto Jesus. Amen

Shimmie

Staff member
I went to church for the first time in at least 3 years today. I kept tearing up during worship and was not expecting for my heart to feel so full.

Today's sermon also hit me. It was about having God size dreams, God choosing to use us in His mission to rescue the world, and realizing how big God actually is. One thing he said that really hit home was something like, "Christians believe but live an atheist lifestyle." That really spoke to my current spiritual condition.
Jesus loves you…for real. :pray:

newgrowth15

Hi @Plushottie, prayerfully you can relate to the attached video and that it will help you in your journey. The first 60 seconds of the video is deliberate.

ckisland

I've been convicted to start my celibacy journey! I feel fired up and hopeful. Sexual immorality has haunted me my entire Christian walk. I'm walking in the power of Christ and standing against this sin that has held me in bondage! It's over! It's defeated! And I claim my victory in the name of Jesus Christ!
I posted in the prayer request thread if any of you ladies feel so inclined to pray for me.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I feel like what I know of God vs what I read are so different. God of my youth was never kind as so much was allowed yet now I see a much kinder God. I don’t feel close but then yesterday I was helped in such a wild way and even today as frivolous as this may be I feel God set a certain candle I wanted aside as it was on Bath and Body Works site this morning yet when I got to store it was sold out completely now not even on the website. Like God you lavished me.

blessedandfavoured

I feel like what I know of God vs what I read are so different. God of my youth was never kind as so much was allowed yet now I see a much kinder God. I don’t feel close but then yesterday I was helped in such a wild way and even today as frivolous as this may be I feel God set a certain candle I wanted aside as it was on Bath and Body Works site this morning yet when I got to store it was sold out completely now not even on the website. Like God you lavished me.
Exodus 34:5-7
5 And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord.

6 And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

The first thing the Lord told us about Himself is that He is merciful. Some versions translate 'merciful' to compassionate. Some versions translate 'mercy' to 'lovingkindness'. Either way, the Lord left you a little reminder of His love for you.

Be blessed @Plushottie.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Exodus 34:5-7
5 And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord.

6 And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

The first thing the Lord told us about Himself is that He is merciful. Some versions translate 'merciful' to compassionate. Some versions translate 'mercy' to 'lovingkindness'. Either way, the Lord left you a little reminder of His love for you.

Be blessed @Plushottie.
Thank you for your gift of really being entrenched in the scripture and redirecting me to such.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
This week has been horrible but the church I’m watching reached out for volunteers and I got to do the chat for livestream service. It may not have been much but it felt nice to feel useful. The sermon was on the many names of God and his deep love, what you call your self like John referring to himself as the one loved by God. Everyday I wonder if there’s a point to me trying to be Christian as my depression is far too great to have to always restrain and definitely leaves me with so many things, but I’m going to try to keep seeking.

newgrowth15

This week has been horrible but the church I’m watching reached out for volunteers and I got to do the chat for livestream service. It may not have been much but it felt nice to feel useful. The sermon was on the many names of God and his deep love, what you call your self like John referring to himself as the one loved by God. Everyday I wonder if there’s a point to me trying to be Christian as my depression is far too great to have to always restrain and definitely leaves me with so many things, but I’m going to try to keep seeking.
@Plushottie, you, too, can call yourself one who is loved by God because you are. You have to change the tapes in your own mind. Fill them with positive, life-affirming scriptures and repeat them, outloud, to yourself every day. You will soon realize how much God really does love you and you will want to share that love with others. God bless.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Lord I know I have been praying more than I ever did when I was a Christian 8 yrs ago. I really want to believe you have heard them and have renewed my confidence and my audacity to put myself out there in this world for my business ideas. If you let this bloom I will not hide who has provided me this ability and I do not want to limit what you can do through me. My dreams of speaking and teaching in a dynamic way you have given me the gift since a little girl and you have allowed me to have 10 yrs + working doing those things. I just want to do it for my own business and do it in a way that provides a life that restores not only in me but the world.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I sometimes like toddy wish I had people I really knew and trust to talk about the Bible or different things. I feel like I must hold it all in as I don’t live in a world where God is king.

blessedandfavoured

I sometimes like toddy wish I had people I really knew and trust to talk about the Bible or different things. I feel like I must hold it all in as I don’t live in a world where God is king.
@Plushottie God is King whether people like it or not.
Pray, and the King will lead you to more of His children, IRL and online. He sets the lonely in families (Psalm 68:6) and if you are willing and obedient you will eat the good of the land (Isaiah 1:19).
God bless you - have a wonderful week full of God's glorious goodness.

Lylddlebit

The movie "The Remaining" is a pretty good revelation movie. It touches on a lot of rapture/revelation points that aren't often discussed. If you have Pureflix, it is worth checking out.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I keep feeling torn about this walk because I have done this before and there are more questions than answers. I’m still doing what one should yet I feel as though I’m wasting time. It’s much more complex than I can ever express in writing. I read and comprehend yet there is very much refusal to accept a lot of things and more so the harshness is what affirms. I would love to believe God is loving, merciful and hears yet there is so much that blocks. I don’t not believe things or change is possible I just feel more times than not no miracle of prayer will happen in my life. Just a vent not to cause alarm.
Just watched this YouTube video talking about truth vs legalistic view and that hit me deep. God’s truth has grace,mercy and compassion the law doesn’t. This is a real deep ah ha.

Last edited:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Watched my 2nd church service and it was on the prodigal son but also showing the lens of a compassionate father on both sons. The other son is typically who I identify with as I never had a wild era. However the dutiful can pivot to entitlement so easily. I look at my life and it’s not at all desirable yet I’m grateful.
A reoccurring thought for yrs was me as a minister but because my background wasn’t perfect I left that for those holier than but the desire to do what I’m gifting in speaking/teaching/poking feels stifled. I’m tired of making the best of crumbs but alas.

Shimmie

Staff member
Watched my 2nd church service and it was on the prodigal son but also showing the lens of a compassionate father on both sons. The other son is typically who I identify with as I never had a wild era. However the dutiful can pivot to entitlement so easily. I look at my life and it’s not at all desirable yet I’m grateful.
A reoccurring thought for yrs was me as a minister but because my background wasn’t perfect I left that for those holier than but the desire to do what I’m gifting in speaking/teaching/poking feels stifled. I’m tired of making the best of crumbs but alas.
Dear One …
Jesus is listening to your heart…He cares. He truly cares. He always will, care about every part of you.

All that you care about, all that you have shared…it’s all on the Cross.
Jesus proved that He truly cares.

newgrowth15

I recently heard someone say that she and her husband are church goers. Being a church goer doesn't make one any more of a Christian than standing in a garage makes one a Cadillac.

You must diligently seek The Lord and know Him for yourself, but more importantly, He must know you.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
God I know you see me as your word says you are the God who sees. Lord why make me this way knowing it would not allow peace? I know your understanding and mine don’t align. These ideas of working in ministry, teaching and counseling don’t fit the world I’m in nor do I fit it.
I know you get joy from using those that isn’t the ideal. I pray you remove anything including my mental blocks if you want this to come.

newgrowth15

Don't blame God for something He didn't do. Two random shootings, one in a Walmart breakroom and the other in a gay nightclub. Men, with freedom of choice, driven by hated, did this. God gives us the right to choose; how we use it is up to us.

I choose to worship and serve The Lord.

newgrowth15

My mother always said to give people their flowers while they can smell them. As a child, I had no idea what she was talking about. As an adult I understand that she meant don't wait until someone dies to say nice things about them.