• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

2022 - SL/APL Challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I tried doing a modified version of the LOC method to moisturize.(Liquid, Cream, Oil/Butter) I will see how it turns out tomorrow. I'm trying to see how I can moisturize less often and have some more longevity of my cornrows.
The LCO was a success! My hair feels juicy and moisturized even though. I moisturized it a day ago. Will be doing the loc method 3 times a week for now and seeing how my hair fares.

@faithVA your hair looks good. I'm glad she didnt take off too much length. Youve got some length goals to achieve this year!:drunk:

faithVA

The LCO was a success! My hair feels juicy and moisturized even though. I moisturized it a day ago. Will be doing the loc method 3 times a week for now and seeing how my hair fares.

@faithVA your hair looks good. I'm glad she didnt take off too much length. Youve got some length goals to achieve this year!:drunk:

Yes, I'm looking forward to more length and I think she is definitely the right stylist to help me get there.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I took down my braids 3 weeks early because I noticed some breakage at my nape. I had to see the extent of the damage. It's not terrible but I can tell my hair will look thinner in the middle when I finally straighten it:confused:.

I need another braid pattern to go under my wigs. I plaited my hair into 7 braids and my hair got pretty flat so I think I may do that instead of cornrows. Or I might leave the braids in for less time. 6 weeks is too long for my fine strands.

On a positive note when I stretch my hair it reaches APL! :shocked: I can't believe my hair has grown so much in such a short time. I need to measure to see how much growth I've gotten. I'm definitely not full APL yet though. I'm hoping I can get there by June and possibly BSL by December?

faithVA

For the winter months I need a regimen to keep my hair hydrated but simple enough that I won't avoid doing it.

On the weekend, I plan do CCS (cleanse, condition and set/style). My style for the weekend will be a wash and go. My wash and goes last 3 to 4 days. Midweek, I will just rinse, condition, apply leave-in and put my hair into flat twist. This regimen allows me to keep my hair hydrated, keep learning how to style my wash and go but also give me a mid-week styling break.

Not sure if my hair will be long enough by the summer, but would love to do something simple like rinse, condition, gel and put my hair up in a banana clip. I'm pretty far from that right now. The best I can do right now is put my hair in 6 flat twist. Maybe, by April, it will be long enough for just 2 flat twist.