28 DAYS OF PRAISE CHALLENGE

What time can you/do you want to Praise?

• 6 AM

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 7 AM

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 8 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 NOON

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 1 PM

• 3 PM

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 6 PM

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 7 PM

• 8 PM

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elnahna

Thanks for the tag @ Laela, I didn't see this thread. I'm in too..

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 62

Goombay_Summer

In the world there's something called Murphy's Law that typically states, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". That sums up my morning in a nut shell last week I played hooky from church (I'm a work in progress) and it's amazing that even the little one who's almost 5 got up six o'clock to get ready for a family outing to Sawgrass Mall. I was in such a good mood I got up early sat on my patio and did my praise in worship, immediately afterwards things went wrong the dishwasher died but not before it left a gruesome crime scene of at least 5 gallons of water on the kitchen floor.

The little one could not find anything to wear, and yes, I made her go in her PJ's, the little ones mother burned a hole in the suit I was wearing, the devil was certainly busy. The one person my father who appeared to be cooperating decided at the last minute after being ready over an hour that he need to return to the bathroom to shave his beard and give his self a haircut (let's just say that his got a partial which made him look like a cartoon character).

A million other things appeared to be going wrong as well but I herded my motley crew into the car because I told them come hell or high water that we were going to church and they would get breakfast on the way home because the best place to starve to death would be at the church. Well the car would not start so we caught the bus and had a half hour walk to the church we got their dusty and tired and me with a tell tale iron designer mark on my suit because I did not have time to change. This was only day 1 and I cannot wait to continue the enemy must know that I am about to receive a major breakthrough.

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. -- John 4:23, 24

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi @amwcah/ everyone! Praise the Lord...

I apologize for the delay..today is Day 1 of the Praise Challenge. Based on the poll, the Praise times are:

6 AM
7 AM
12 Noon
3 PM
8 PM

We will praise for five minutes; feel free to participate during any of those times . I enjoyed praising God at noon today; I'm sure others did as well.

ALL are welcome to participate and to post /share as you are led to. WE all are the Praise Team :yep:

The Prayer Line is separate..the line is open for prayer requests every Tuesday and Thursday...
Prayer Warriors: Shimmie/Health&Hair28/TraciChanel

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=580975

ETA: afternoon/evening times added

@Laela

For clarification, what are the prayer times?

Last edited:

Laela

Exodus 3:14:
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

He Is...

Laela

^^My apologies everyone. I believe I messed up with setting the poll because I didn't get to add multiple choice to afford more options. It would make sense to have a morning, an afternoon and evening time :) No problema, adding 3PM and 8PM. I'll join you and whoever else can join in at those times as well !

Last edited:

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Good Morning Ladies. Today is the day the Lor has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. Alleluia. God is so awesome to allow such an outlet to be presented to us. I'm so happy and grateful for this becuase for the past couple of months I've felt disconnected from the Lord because of anxiety,depresion etc... And with this opportunity I feel that I can rekindle what was lost and develop a closer walk with God. Truth be told I have for a long time wanted to have the same experience Moses had with God were he spoke to God face to face. How awesome is that !!!!! Thank you so much for this great chance and for including me I'm so glad.
This is my question the number that was posted in the other thread is that # we call to give ? And that. EST ? Please bare with me. Can someone clarify for me please thank you

Laela

blqlady... good morning! Yes..it is a great day, that the Lord has made. I rejoice with you :yep:

That is the phone number for the CF Prayer Line, yes. Shimmie updates the first post constantly and the time is EST. I hope you're able to call in Tuesday..the prayers sessions are always welcoming and you can feel God's presence on the line.

Blessings your way.... and enjoy your day, chica!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Your Great Name

by Amy Grant

Lost are saved, find their way
At the sound of Your great name
All condemned, feel no shame

Every fear has no place
The enemy, he has to leave

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us
Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up, that all the world
Will praise Your great name

All the weak find their strength
Hungry souls receive grace

The fatherless, they find their rest
Sick are healed and the dead are raised

Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up, that all the world
Will praise Your great name, oh, Your great name

Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty
My Savior, Defender, You are my King
Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty
My Savior, Defender, You are my King

Jesus, the name of Jesus
You are high and lifted up and all the world

Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up, all the world
Your great name, Your great name
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

Amein ... :Rose:

Nice & Wavy

I was truly blessed this morning (6am). I always get up early and pray and study, but knowing that my other sisters were doing this at the same time, made me smile and I really got blessed!

Love this..thanks, sis for starting this thread!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Revelation 7:12
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Laela

YW sis! :love2: That's what kept me going this morning, too...knowing we're praising at the same time... It'll only get better! Praise Him!!

I was truly blessed this morning (6am). I always get up early and pray and study, but knowing that my other sisters were doing this at the same time, made me smile and I really got blessed!

Love this..thanks, sis for starting this thread!

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
ok let me see if i understand this we are to praise God at those times oh ok i thought we were going to call the number and pray and praise. ok im sorry. we are to pray on our owns but in essence we are praying together.

Laela

Thanks for the reminder of the time difference, I meant to address that.

Just a reminder, the Praise times are:

6 AM EST in US (11 AM in UK)

7 AM EST in US (Noon in UK)

12 Noon EST in US (5PM in UK)

3 PM EST in US (8 PM in UK)

8 PM EST in US (1 AM in UK)

don't forget the sisters in the different time zones, I think we have two in London (5 hrs ahead)

No worries... :yep:

ok let me see if i understand this we are to praise God at those times oh ok i thought we were going to call the number and pray and praise. ok im sorry. we are to pray on our owns but in essence we are praying together.

I woke up a bit after 6 AM but had you ladies in mind this morning. 8 AM was great, even though it's not on the schedule. I'll join in at noon ! Have a blessed day as well....

Got my praise on this morning at 6:00 AM. Have a blessed day, ladies. :)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Laela, May I post this now? I'll be in a staff meeting at 12 noon. I will still be in prayer/praise mode during the meeting. I wanted to share this.

Father, thank you so much for Psalm 51... the prayer of repentence. If nothing shows your great measure of love for us, this prayer of King David, surely does. It shows us that no matter how great our sins, if we just come to you with a repentance heart, asking for your forgiveness, you never refuse us. You embrace us still as your beloved child, comforting our tears of repentence.

You have mercy on us, according to the MULTITUDE of your tender mercies.

Thank you Father, for this Prayer which brings us back to you... Thank for forgiving me, a sinner. :heart2:

Psalm 51

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine
Altar.

Selah..

gn1g

Laela, May I post this now? I'll be in a staff meeting at 12 noon. I will still be in prayer/praise mode during the meeting. I wanted to share this.

Father, thank you so much for Psalm 51... the prayer of repentence. If nothing shows your great measure of love for us, this prayer of King David, surely does. It shows us that no matter how great our sins, if we just come to you with a repentance heart, asking for your forgiveness, you never refuse us. You embrace us still as your beloved child, comforting our tears of repentence.

You have mercy on us, according to the MULTITUDE of your tender mercies.

Thank you Father, for this Prayer which brings us back to you... Thank for forgiving me, a sinner. :heart2:

Psalm 51

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine
Altar.

Selah..

Amazing, I read this at 4am this morning. An awesome Psalms, I though if
the Lord washes me I am clean! and yes his mercies are tender. My God, My God how he loves us.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Ps 7:17
17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high. (KJV)

Ps 9:1
1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. (KJV)

Ps 9:2
2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. (KJV)

Ps 9:14
14 That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation. (KJV)

Ps 21:13
13 Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. (KJV)

Ps 22:22
22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. (KJV)

Ps 22:23
23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. (KJV)

Ps 22:25
25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. (KJV)

Ps 22:26
26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. (KJV)

Ps 28:7
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. (KJV)

InVue

Simple Life Lover
Wow how did I miss this thread...Thanks for the invite Laela. I'm definitely in...getting my praise on.:band: