28 weeks into my transition and happy!

MummysGirl

I'm so glad you haven't BC'd :) I was certain of my transition but was getting a little irritated with a couple of friends asking me if I was sure about this decision (like I mentioned to you). I hoped I won't give in and get a touch up... I didn't want to cos I am loving my new growth but I've since ladies give up on this board even when they have been certain of their transition.
Anyway, I am 150% sure I am going to be fully natural next year :)
Let's try to make it to a year :yep:
Thank you, I love twistouts :)
Your hair looks gorgeous lady! I'm happy to be 28 weeks post as well. I'm definitely going to try to make it to a year post. I'm certain that I'm going natural though. Either way about it, I'm definitely going natural.

As for that twist out.......GORGEOUS! I just love it!

Wow, thank you so much! I love it when thick is in the same sentence as my hair :) I've had my ups and downs with my hair but it's been good to me for a while now. Thanks for the confidence too, very motivating :yep:
I love the thickness of your hair!!! It is heavenly!!!!!! I know you can definitely stretch it to 52 wks, it's a piece of cake for you girl!!!! I am so happy for you and proud of your accomplishments!:yep:

I think you should try curly styles during breaks between your braids and weaves. Ediese (forum member) has done some beautiful curly weaves - another option for weaves.
HHG!!!
Thanks.
I am 29 weeks and still haven't found anything to do with my hair but braids. I plan on doing a sew in this weekend. I got my hair braided 2 weeks ago and it looks as if I have had them for 2 months so they must go. Good luck your twist out looks great.

Thank you so much! Good luck with your transition. I hope you frequent the transitioner's support thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312457
ooh your twistout is so pretty! congrats on getting so far in your transition. its been since feb for me.

Last edited:

RadiantBeauty

Your hair is beautiful and so inspirational!:thud: Your twist out is gorgeous!:gorgeous: Thanks for sharing your progress on your transition!:yep:

MummysGirl

Thank you :)
Gorgeous twistout!

You too!!!! Thanks :)
You are doing great Mummysgirl!!! Keep up the good work!

:blush: Yay!!! Thanks.
This is the best twist out I've seen, it look so nice well done

Thanks, I still remember when I was 7 weeks post and impatient :)
your twist-out is very pretty. congrats on your 6 months, you're half way there :)

:) Well done on getting to 30 weeks, enjoy your transition. Thank you :)
I can understand ur happiness! I will 30 weeks post tomorrow and I am just as excited! Your twistout is sooo pretty...keep up the good work!

Thank you :)
MG, 28 weeks is nothing to sneeze at, it is a great accomplishment:yep:..keep it going.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I envy your braid and style skills.:ohwell: Other than that, I'm a huge fan of your hair!:yep: Can you please tell me if you need gel to hold your flat twists in place?

MummysGirl

I'm sorry I only just saw this comment today... 5 weeks later! :blush:
Thanks so much! I hope you're practising braiding and perfecting your twists :yep:
No I don't use gel to hold my flat twists in place, I bantu knot the ends.

Yay, I'm 33 weeks post :)
I envy your braid and style skills.:ohwell: Other than that, I'm a huge fan of your hair!:yep: Can you please tell me if you need gel to hold your flat twists in place?

Last edited:

brandy

:yep:Your hair is pretty. I can see you are really going strong with your transitioning, mine ended only after 3 months.