2inches a year for African American women ??

kombov_dymond

Seems like another stereotype/myth to me. Perhaps the 'doctor 'is going by what she 'sees'...shrinkage on natural hair.

She has been misinformed, but then again, she's not the only one! It's too bad other people will read that crap and believe it.

There are alot of folk up in here that would give her a run for her money on that 2 inch crap :)

jainygirl

Sweetie....you CANNOT believe that nonsense :nono:. My hair has grown 1.5 inches since my B.C. on November 15th -- that's only 2 months. These people are just hoping youre desperate enough to buy whatever theyre peddling. Good luck with getting your hair on track ;). -- jainygirl

silvergirl

i think they mean .. 2 inches when the AA hair is not straightened but wen stretch,, the actual hair length is much more...... alot of ppl i know measure their hair by what they natural lenght comes down to ,, for example i have a white friend with very curly hair that is shoulder lenght an she insist her hair is shoulder lenght but if one day she ever decided to press or iron it,, her actual lenght would be alot longer than that...

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
My hair has grown about 4-5 inches this past year, but before it has been on a complete stand still for a year or two due to abuse.
Everyone can grow hair if they take proper care of it :)

carletta

WHERE -N- "THE SAM HILL" DID THIS PERSON THEIR INFO FROM :mad: IT'S OBVIOUS THIS PERSON HAS BEEN LIVING AS A HERMIT :mad: !!!!!!! WHO EVER DID THIS ARTICLE NEEDS TO GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN........( THE IDIOT ) :spank:

Carlie

:lol: 2 inches a year???:rofl:Absolutely hilarious!!! :lol: Especially the way she stated it like it's scientifically proven or something. :rofl:

:nono: @ the person who wrote that article. . . pure ignorance. :ohwell:

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. ;)

Porsche19

Maybe... it's talking about shrinkage??? 6 inches of hair can look like 2 inches if it's not straightened out... on quite a few 4a/b's

GodMadeMePretty

harigeek, don't believe the hype, girl. And how do you know your hair is the same length when you're natural and never straighten it. I was just thinking the other day that my hair has simply STOPPED growing. But then when I pick up a shed hair and see this loop-de-loop-all-curled-upon-itself hair that is about an inch long and then I stretch it out to see a miraculous 8 inches, I'm truly stunned. I think I have a 99% shrinkage factor in some parts of my head. So, don't believe it. And then the article goes on to say that white women's hair grows 4.8 inches per year and then I KNOW that she knows not of what she speaks. I mean even the white people's hair length is below the average that we all have read about? Come on. She would not be my dermatologist.