2nd BC?

ms_kenesha

As you all know I did the BC on Feb 9th. Well my hair was a bit dry for the first month, but it's gotten better since then, I then dyed my hair in March, well it seems as if my new growth that is my natural color is much softer than my old scab hair/dyed ends, so should I do another BC? Or should I just gradually trim off the dyed hair?

Right now my hair is in braids so I don't have to make this decision for at least 4 weeks, but I don't know what I want to do. On one hand I just want to cut it off and start "fresh", but then on the other I don't want to cut off all the hair I've grown so far (okay it's only been like 1.5 inches, but still it's grown
laugh.gif
)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

Since it is already short, as your hair grows out, it's going to look like tipped ends. If you wanted to wait until it got longer, that's kewl, as long as your hair isn't falling out extremely heavy or nothing like that.

Once it gets longer, I would think one trim could get rid of the color ends, although now, it would seem like a BC since it's short.
smile.gif

You can trim it as it grows out more...that's what a lot of folks have done. In the meantime, be sure to condition and moisturize very well!

I say wear your braids for awhile nad keep it moistuirized and do your trims. It will grow out faster than you think.

I think since your hair is still short, doing another BC won't be so traumatic & it will be refreshing to start over with new, softer hair. If you wait, you might end up being a little more attached to the length.

With trims you will gradually get rid of the dry ends. Don't stress about cutting your hair - it will grow back!

I think after I take my braids out I might just chop off all the colored hair, just because I am impatient and I don't wanna deal with two "kinds" of hair if I don't have to. Plus since my hair is already short it won't be a shock to my system.

if you do another big chop you can start a fresh with soft healthy hair. because your hair is already short you won't be sacrificing a lot of length.

Ms K --- there's nothing more I can say. These ladies are giving such good advice here.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Just continue to keep it conditioned and moisturized- whatever your choice...

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
What is BC? Sorry for the dumb question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumping for response. Please, what is a BC? I just ran across this in another thread and can't figure out what it means. Thanks!

So MsK,

I take it that means you won't be re-doing your T&T Bronze color??
ohwell.gif
Awww... I'm really sorry that it didn't work out for you!!
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to cut off all the hair I've grown so far (okay it's only been like 1.5 inches, but still it's grown
laugh.gif
)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
You crazy nut! If you love the color...then defintiely keep it. If you feel like it is damaged...then dont hang on to damaged ends. It makes your new growth look bad. And if they are SEVERLY damaged...then they will break off anyway and you will definitley be rocking an uneven fro!

Your first BC was the bomb...so I dont think you can go wrong there if that is what you decide to do.

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
Ms K --- there's nothing more I can say. These ladies are giving such good advice here.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Just continue to keep it conditioned and moisturized- whatever your choice...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sherry!
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
So MsK,

I take it that means you won't be re-doing your T&T Bronze color??
ohwell.gif
Awww... I'm really sorry that it didn't work out for you!!
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know...I love the color, but I'm not sure if it's the color or the scab hair that's making the difference. I dunno, but I know since natural hair is prone to dryness I don't really want to add to that, so only henna or cellophanes for me from now on I think...only problem is you can't get this wonderful color from either of those.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to cut off all the hair I've grown so far (okay it's only been like 1.5 inches, but still it's grown
laugh.gif
)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
You crazy nut! If you love the color...then defintiely keep it. If you feel like it is damaged...then dont hang on to damaged ends. It makes your new growth look bad. And if they are SEVERLY damaged...then they will break off anyway and you will definitley be rocking an uneven fro!

Your first BC was the bomb...so I dont think you can go wrong there if that is what you decide to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Pookeylou. I think I'm gonna just cut off the colored ends. I like dark hair and my hair is darker than I thought w/o the relaxer. I might just do a black rinse one day because I really like jet black hair, too
smile.gif

Back