3 inches in 3 months challenge Part II

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hello long hair ladies. Due to my recent trim and breakage I am extremely motivated to grow back the 3 inches that were just lost.

Would anyone like to join me in a 3 in 3 challenge?

Growth aids are encouraged
Scalp massages
Inversion
Vitamins
Pretty much whatever it takes to push out your max growth. Y’all ready? I’m ready

Challenge begins April 1, 2022 and ends June 30, 2022.

Beginning pic is optional. Happy hair growing!

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Ooh, I wanna join! I think this is a short enough challenge for me :lachen: Let me put my starting picture here before I forget because I'm good for that. I have locs so I probably can't do alot externally, so I'll focus internally.

Attachments

• 20220323_171133.jpg
    20220323_171133.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 37

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ooh, I wanna join! I think this is a short enough challenge for me :lachen: Let me put my starting picture here before I forget because I'm good for that. I have locs so I probably can't do alot externally, so I'll focus internally.
Nice! Welcome. I’ll post mine later. I’m in bed feeling lazy. I just got a trim last week so these ends are fresh

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
454A563E-C274-4E3B-AE3E-88BA7C1669CE.jpegMy starting pic. I want my 3 inches and my thick ends. Current regimen is a twice monthly Dominican blowout. I take Hairfinity vitamins. I’m using an oil blend I made to seal my ends and or massage my scalp (castor, coconut, avocado oils). I’ll also use rice water on wash day to stimulate my scalp and promote growth.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I bought a new(to me) supplement along with an old (but different brand) favorite. The new one is horsetail, and the old one is liquid chlorophyll. Horsetail says 3x a day w/extra fluid and chlorophyll says to do one dropper full daily in juice or water. I can probably commit to 2x a day for the horsetail and just add the chlorophyll to the water I'm already drinking.

Attachments

• 20220324_182850.jpg
    20220324_182850.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 24

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought a new(to me) supplement along with an old (but different brand) favorite. The new one is horsetail, and the old one is liquid chlorophyll. Horsetail says 3x a day w/extra fluid and chlorophyll says to do one dropper full daily in juice or water. I can probably commit to 2x a day for the horsetail and just add the chlorophyll to the water I'm already drinking.
Liquid chlorophyll is great as an internal deodorizer. When I take it my sweat has no odor at all. It’s amazing. You make me want to go get some. I had no idea there were hair benefits too!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I massaged my scalp with hair growth co chebe oil. I’ll apply more tomorrow morning. I have to do every other day and the oil is diluted too. The smell is a little much

Napp

Ms. Nobody
What have you tried? I had to stop calling myself a slow grower. I’m manifesting these 3 inches by my bday in June.

Hairfinity is great. I’ve been taking them for a year. That’s the only consistent thing I do lol
I've tried various growth oils, scalp drops and vitamins. I still get .5 inch a month

WL23

Hello long hair ladies. Due to my recent trim and breakage I am extremely motivated to grow back the 3 inches that were just lost.

Would anyone like to join me in a 3 in 3 challenge?

Growth aids are encouraged
Scalp massages
Inversion
Vitamins
Pretty much whatever it takes to push out your max growth. Y’all ready? I’m ready

Challenge begins April 1, 2022 and ends June 30, 2022.

Beginning pic is optional. Happy hair growing!
@Prettymetty I’m in! Thanks for starting this challenge☺️

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is day 5 of my blowout, so no oil of any kind yet. I used Hairfinity leave in yesterday (strength) and I’ll use garnier sleek and shine cream today (moisture)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So my blowout is a week old now. I can start oiling. I just massaged my scalp with chebe oil and moisturized my ends in sections with garnier leave in.
Now my hair is in a low ponytail. I’m doing as little manipulation as possible.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
That chebe oil is cool. They keep emailing me coupon codes, but I still have a bottle and a half left. I’ve been oiling every other day

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is my 3rd consecutive day using chebe oil. I have a hair appointment tomorrow afternoon so I’ll oil first thing in the morning. I may invert later today too. I want all the growth :gorgeous:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How are we doing this week?
I notice that my blowout lasts longer when she leaves it straight. All that curling and pin curling has my hair reverting before I get on the freeway.

This is day 5. No oil whatsoever. I’ve used some Chi silk infusion. I’ll try to make this one last 3 weeks. Week 1 minimal products: serum at night, occasional moisturizer on ends (garnier sleek shine or Hairfinity leave in)

Week 2: I’ll start oiling my scalp every other day and moisturizing my ends as needed.

Week 3: keep up with oil routine and now I can start oiling the ends as well with a mix I made. It’s castor, coconut and avocado. Kinda heavy but the shine is amazing

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Fresh blowout this morning. I’ll resume my growth/oils next week0CB1FF18-27A9-402B-B627-3C7E03839A38.jpeg
I like how she left some texture this time. I do t know if that was intentional, but I like it. I definitely see some growth too!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
We got through one month! I’m definitely feeling the growth in my roots. I’m at tbd salon now. I’ll post an updated length pic when I get home.

Length checks are optional. They may motivate you to keep going or go harder. Happy hair growing

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is day 2 of my inversions. I just started this month. I took starting measurements and I got 10 inches from the bottom of my ear. I’ll check again in 7 days on the 18th

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty You’re really on it, keep it up! Congrats on your progress so far :) I’m suppose to be doing the inversion method but keep remembering at the wrong time :drunk: Will try to do better.

How often are you doing Inversion Method?
Thanks!! This is my first month doing it this year. I’m on day 5. I don’t think I’ve ever got to say 7 before lol