3 Month High Protein Challenge(May 1st-August 1st 2007)

Amour

I want in, I tried this before but never knew what I took eat to take me up to the 100g mark, i need more variety so far I have come up with

salmon - mainly from the tin
tuna
kipper
almond nuts
chicken - does it matter how its cooked? i.e. grilled or fried etc?
protein shake (the one I have brought recommends 6 scoops per serving which would equal 100g of protein, but that doesn't seem very sensible to me.. I usually just have one scoop.
Considered pasta but once boiled the protein reduced SIGNIFICANTLY.

What else are you ladies taking?

Hidden_Angel

Alright.. now... Whipz you know im "special" so ya know every so offten randmon email me and say....

"you remember your on this challange ?"

So then i wont be looking like this --->>:confused: again!:lachen:

jaded_faerie

today didnt quite make 100g....

protein cookie - 22g
pad thai - 13g
2 boiled eggs- 13g
peanuts - 3g
ice cream- 6g
57g total

locabouthair

KissKiss said:
I want in, I tried this before but never knew what I took eat to take me up to the 100g mark, i need more variety so far I have come up with

salmon - mainly from the tin
tuna
kipper
almond nuts
chicken - does it matter how its cooked? i.e. grilled or fried etc?
protein shake (the one I have brought recommends 6 scoops per serving which would equal 100g of protein, but that doesn't seem very sensible to me.. I usually just have one scoop.
Considered pasta but once boiled the protein reduced SIGNIFICANTLY.

What else are you ladies taking?

don't forget yogurt and beans!

Cbgo

I eat a high protein diet everyday so the only thing I added was a protein shake twice a day.
I haven't seen any growth yet but then again I cut 2 1/2 inches over the weekend. But I do have way too much new growth. :)

glamazon386

Jaded what's a protein cookie?

I think I did alright today

1 slice pepperoni pizza - 35g
small chicken pasta from sbarro - 32g?
ice cream cone from mcdonalds - 4g
1/2 pkg pepperonis - 30g
Glass of milk - 8g

That's 109. I think I'm gonna go boil 2 eggs...

Last edited:

*Michelle*

jaded_faerie said:
today didnt quite make 100g....

protein cookie - 22g
pad thai - 13g
2 boiled eggs- 13g
peanuts - 3g
ice cream- 6g
57g total

Please forgive my ignorance...what is pad thai, please?

ETA: Like someone else...I'd also like to know what a protein cookie is?

jaded_faerie

Bmore,
I got it at Bally's after working out...

its called tri-o-plex oatmeal raisin cookies

its pretti decent....

jaded_faerie

Pixel Lady said:
Please forgive my ignorance...what is pad thai, please?

ETA: Like someone else...I'd also like to know what a protein cookie is?

It is a thai dish....

**taken off wikipedia**
"is a dish of stir-fried rice noodles with eggs, fish sauce (Thai น้ำปลา), tamarind juice, red chilli pepper, plus any combination of bean sprouts, shrimp, chicken, or tofu, garnished with crushed peanuts and coriander. It is normally served with a piece of lime, the juice of which can be added along with the usual Thai condiments. In Thailand, it is also served with a piece of banana flower."

CurleeDST

I am sure you all know adult humans do not need nearly at much as 100 grams of protein a day. I hope you all plan to lift for muscle development else while you are gaining length you may be gaining lbs as well.

locabouthair

CurleeDST said:
I am sure you all know adult humans do not need nearly at much as 100 grams of protein a day. I hope you all plan to lift for muscle development else while you are gaining length you may be gaining lbs as well.

how much do you think is the minimum we should get? im asking because i am clueless. but i thought 100g was a lot also.

CurleeDST

According to RDA a 138 lb woman should consume about 50 grams of protein a day. Any more, the body will turn into energy which will be stored as fat if not used. Americans tend to eat 3 to 5 times more protein than we need.

It is easy to get proteins from fish, chicken, legumes and leafy greens. I would recommend that before going on extreme mineral or vitamin diets to get a physical and speak to your physician first to make sure these challenges do not cause health problems because too much of anything is unhealthy.

Also high protein diets can stress the kidneys as well. Even extreme body builders, who need the protein to help repair the muscle tears they experience when they lift weights, need to watch how much protein they consume.

Everything in moderation and check with your physicians -let them know what you are doing and why and perhaps they can recommend additional healthy ways to achieve your hair length goals.

Last edited:

jaded_faerie

Today I will consume in protein...

breakfast:
2eggs -12g
protein bar - 13g

lunch:
can sardines - 22g
3 slice of pepperoni pizza - 27g

after workout:
protein bar - 13g
chicken & greens - guesstimating around 5g

approx. 92g

Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

CurleeDST said:

Ummmmmm, thanks and all but I currently workout to preserve my sexy so this doesn't concern me. I think most people know that if you don't workout when ingesting any type of protein will contribute to weight gain. Its common knowledge. I've posted a link for the ladies to see what their minimal intake is. Thanks for ummmmmmmm, being concerned but I think I know what I'm doing!

Last edited:

guesswho

WhipEffectz1 said:
Ummmmmm, thanks and all but I currently workout to preserve my sexy so this doesn't concern me. I think most people know that if you don't workout when ingesting any type of protein will contribute to weight gain. Its common knowledge. I've posted a link for the ladies to see what their minimal intake is. Thanks for ummmmmmmm, being concerned but I think I know what I'm doing!

She sure knows what she's doing I have faith in ms whippeffectz1:) with that said its shake time, I'm having fun with this ladies can't wait to see the results:)

CurleeDST

No problem and don't take it personally - has nothing to do with you. My post is for those who didn't take the time to research for themselves or follow added links on the subject and possible risks associated with overconsuming protein. It isn't an implication on your knowledge of the subject but anyone and everyone should consult a physician before going on any extreme diet or workout regimen.

WhipEffectz1 said:

Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

tishee said:
hi sweetie,

do you mind posting what brand you use and the dosage?

thanks in advance,
tishee

I go to Vitamin Shoppe. I get the Source Natural Daily Essential Enzymes!

scarcity21

DANG...im late.........:mad: but im in starting today...i may not ingest the necessary 100g protein...cos im trying to lose weight...but i will def increase my protein intake....
so today marks day 1 for moi.....i will end August 19 :)

virgo_chinwe

scarcity21 said:
DANG...im late.........:mad: but im in starting today...i may not ingest the necessary 100g protein...cos im trying to lose weight...but i will def increase my protein intake....
so today marks day 1 for moi.....i will end August 19 :)

You are not alone!! I'm discovering this late too!! We can be protein buddies since we have the same deadline. hehe :)

bgyrl

I'm in also. I wanted to know how do you guys eat tuna in a can. I ate it by itself and it dosen't taste that good and I don't want to add alot of stuff cus its too many calories.