3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Who's with me?

I am moving in a few months so in an effort to save some cash and reduce my stash, I will stop buying hair products. This challenge starts May 1 and ends July 31.

This is an open challenge so you can join anytime. Just thank this post and you're in.

You get 1 pass to buy a product if you run out. There will also be exceptions if you are experiencing a setback. :)

Supplements are fine...
Oils with multiple uses are fine too (evoo, coconut oil, Crisco).

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'll join you...however I must preface this by saying I've been on a 1 year no buy but then I ran out of hair products :eek: so I'll be hauling this week and next week. My plan is to go back to seasonal hair product shopping. On May 1st (the beginning of the challenge) I'll post a picture of my stash and another one at the end of the challenge. Let's do this! :toocool:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Great idea @lulu97 . I'll do a product inventory at the start of the challenge and I'll post pics of products that I finish.

eta you have some serious willpower doing a 1 year no buy.

LOL. I basically did it because I had so many body products and skin care products. I'm pretty disciplined with hair stuff. It's like I know I can only use so many hair products, but I can go a bit overboard with everything else. I use body and skin stuff daily so in my mind I needed a lot...which was really not the case either.

What has helped is focusing on other stuff. I've been going hardcover with health/fitness and it has been a wonderful distraction.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Aggie I'm with you. I saw a youtube video today with a really cool blowdryer and it's already on my wish list when this challenge ends. I'm almost out of 2 Kerastase masks (Oleo Relax and Densite), but I have at least 8 others so I'll manage.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Oh I second the bolded. I've been eyeing those wigs on fingercomber.com and mannnnn, I need a few of those in my life. Oops, I meant, WANT a few.
Well we have a week to do some last minute shopping before the official challenge starts:shopping: I might pick up another wig just like the one I'm wearing. It's already starting to tangle...

Aggie

Well we have a week to do some last minute shopping before the official challenge starts:shopping: I might pick up another wig just like the one I'm wearing. It's already starting to tangle...

Believe me, I can wait. I have 2 bins full of new wigs (various styles) I can choose from. I think I'm just greedy. This challenge will help me a lot.

Aggie

I just got my Kerastase Therapiste shampoo, Kerastase Serum Therapiste, and Kerastase Soin Premier Therapiste (prepoo) finally. Now I am set to start this challenge with a vengeance:yep:.

Last edited:

Daina

Does this challenge include supplements as well? I can do it for topical hair products but I will need to reup my supplements like Hair La Vie and Chlorella before the 3 months are up.

Aggie

I'm using my Kerastase Therapiste line on my hair tomorrow for my trim. I am eager to do this since it's my first trim for the year:yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Does this challenge include supplements as well? I can do it for topical hair products but I will need to reup my supplements like Hair La Vie and Chlorella before the 3 months are up.
Supplements are fine since they promote overall health. Dual purpose products are ok too (coconut oil, evoo, etc.)