3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm going to get four shoe boxes and separate my products accordingly:
1. Holy grails & staples
2. Products being trialed or to be trialed
3. Okay products & backups to HGs and staples
4. Products that I don't want

I know right now all Cantu products go in box 4. How can a whole entire line offend one head? :grin: There's gotta be a way for me to allow someone to benefit from these products without me having to sell and ship via PayPal.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:pulpdance:
Previously ordered stuff has arrived and has shipped!
  • Arrived: The perfect bands for banding awkward-stage length hair. :smile: They are bands that FEEL like the soft, clothy, regular smaller Ouchless bands. However, they are the size of baby headbands. I put one one a section of hair just to see what it'd be like, and I realize that MAYBE I shouldn't have ordered black ones. :look: I can't tell where the band is in my black hair! LOL! I ordered them in black specifically just in case I had to run out the house or something with them pinned back. I wanted them to be hardly perceivable. Accomplished, I guess! :p
  • Arrived: This one I'm slightly embarrassed about, but they were so inexpensive and shipping was completely free. It's the curlformers that are shaped as waves. :rolleyes: :oops: ;) Further in my defense: If I really like the way my hair looks in them, it will SO help me with getting beyond this awkward stage and help me with not wanting more products or to texlax just yet and so forth.
  • Slated to arrive today: APB refresher spray. An LHCF member with my exact hair issues and qualities/characteristics highly recommended it. Good deal. :smile:
  • Shipping: NaturelleGrow products! So geeked for these! The first product of hers that I tried is the best thing I ever put on my hair. The stuff I ordered as a result contains similar ingredients and fills gaps in my stash. Example: I don't have a dedicated cowash, and now I will! If the products are only so-so, I'll be in the same boat I was, but I will have supported a WONDERFUL sister. The ingredients make this order a very justifiable purchase.
I'm eyeing a steamer with hubby's support -- but only because my Huetiful consultation recommended regular steaming and because the three times I had my hair steamed at various upscale natural hair salons, my hair did so well, was easy to handle, looked great, felt great, etc., etc.

I dunno. We'll see about that steamer. I found a GREAT deal on it, and it has zero reviews indicating it spews hot water, breaks down after 6 months, etc. like most of the other similar ones I keep reading about. In fact, to the contrary. Still. I'm not yet decided. Something's holding me back. I'll wait until my spirit speaks to me, I guess. :smile:

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I took my boys to get haircuts at Sports Clips and they had a 30% sale on products. I bought a bottle of Nioxin scalp treatment 1 for fine/thin hair. I'll use it a few times a week as a growth aid.

I've used Nioxin in the past after postpartum shedding and it worked wonders for my thin spots.