3 MONTH UPDATE *PICTURES!!*

ksimmi82

Hi guys!
I started my HHJ in the beginning of October and I just wanted to share a little update with all of you. I have been SUPER SERIOUS about my hair reaching its ultimate “hair potential” and I haven’t let anything deter me as of yet.
I try to keep my regimen as simple as possible because I have a tendency to get quite lazy at times. I wash my hair once a week as well as deep condition with my own conditioner concoction (my family think I’m crazy for putting “food” in my hair). I then moisturize and seal my hair, and afterwards twist it up and pull the twists back into a bun that I wear during the week. I don’t comb my hair during the week at all; I just moisturize and seal my ends 2 to 3 times throughout the week depending on how my hair feels.
I have learned so much from you all in a very short amount of time and I can’t express how truly grateful I am. I have included some pictures to document the changes my hair has gone through, although it is not a significantly noticeable change, my hair has never been healthier.
Pic #1- October 2009- beginning of HHJ
Pic#2- January 2010- hair freshly washed (crazy shrinkage!)
Pic#3- January 2010- hair blow-dried
Pic#4- January 2010- hair flat ironed

Attachments

• START.jpg
    START.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 190
  • BLOWDRIED.jpg
    BLOWDRIED.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 185
  • FLAT.jpg
    FLAT.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 205

SoAnxious12

Your hair has definitely gotten thicker and longer. Whatever you are doing is working! Good luck! Oh and welcome to the forum!

ksimmi82

Hey niki2229,
I've been natural for about 8 years now...I transitioned because I was so lazy and didn't feel like relaxing my hair one week...and one week quickly turned into 12 months...And so on...I never "thought" about my hair...so I guess I was protective styling before I even knew what that was. After Chris Rock's movie, "Good Hair" came out... I was snipping my weave out on the way home from the movie theater...lol

Last edited: