3" More Inches. New Hair Products.. Looks Promising..what do you guys think?

longlady

So I just came across these interesting new products when I opened up my browser... there is a new hair product line called 3" more inches (3MI) it is suppose to "decrease the hairs aging process" by increasing the thickness of the hair to help retain length.

this is taking from the article..

"Hair grows half an inch per month," he explained. "This rate is surprisingly consistent across ages and cultures. Many people struggle to grow their hair and think it stops growing. Usually the hair is aging too quickly, so while it is still growing at the root, it is disintegrating at the ends and not getting any longer."

here is the link..

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/07/26...-haircare-claims-to-do-exactly-that-pro-tips/

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

VirtuousBeauty

Excluding the comment on how often you should trim I pretty much agreed with what was said in the article. I don't know how well the products would work for my hair though. The concept makes sense. Too much money for me to spend on a product though

lilikoi

what do you guys think?

PJ'ism vs Common sense Let's evaluate the evidence...

The hair care tips are basic info available elsewhere (i.e., things every woman at LHCF probably already knows) but the spiel about "hair aging" sounds like very smart marketing.

Perhaps these are good quality products, but the claims seem inflated. While the ingredients seem fine, I'm not impressed. I don't see anything novel.

INGREDIENT LISTS:

1. 3 MORE INCHES CONDITIONER-Aqua,Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-20 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Panthenol, PG- Hydroxyethylcellulose Cocodimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sorbic Acid.
  2. 3 MORE INCHES SHAMPOO-Aqua,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, PEG- 7, Glycerin Cocoate, Panthenol, Cocamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PG- Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Methylchloriosothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
  3. 3 MORE INCHES PRE-WASH TREATMENT-Aqua,Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol PEG-20 Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Stearalkonium Chloride, PG- Hydroxyethylcellulose Cocodimonium Chloride, , Sorbic Acid.

Verdict: COMMON SENSE WINS!

ms.blue

It just looks like a protein laden products. Which might cause more problem later by making too strong causing breakage.