36 People Injured on Hawaiian Airlines Flight Due to Turbulence

yamilee21

But the issue with this turbulence is that there was no warning; it was very sudden. So someone who might otherwise have been buckled the entire time could have gotten up to use the bathroom, and been bounced into the ceiling, all before everyone was warned to get buckled. It’s very scary that a smooth ride can suddenly become deadly, with no warning whatsoever.

Everything Zen

^^^^ That makes sense. It’s the reason why I’m absolutely terrified of flying. My first flight for my new job in 2019 was like that violent turbulence out of a clear blue sky no warning nothing. I’ve been messed up ever since.

They say that these types of incidents are only going to get worse due to climate change.

Everything Zen

^^^^ I just had my first post pandemic flight to Boston/Cambridge 2 weeks ago (last one was February 2020). That clear blue sky turbulent flight was in April 2019 to Boston and I’ve been flying with PTSD ever since. The flight there and back was very smooth- wore my N95 the entire way except to sip a bit of water or coffee. The pilot was conservative regarding the seat belt and potential turbulence but it was so minimal - it was like old hat. It felt good to get back out there. You’ll have a good trip. :yep:

scoobygirl

I flew on this very same plane, same exact route just 3 weeks earlier for Thanksgiving. On the flight there and back we had almost no turbulence. The plane was huge and felt smooth for most of the flight. I can’t imagine what type of air disturbance they encountered to do that damage