3C Relaxed

nu_nu_2002

HELP ME PLEASE! Im about 85% natural. Its been 2 years since my last relaxer. And think I want to go back to them but my problem before was that I never could get my hair fully processed. It would always have LOTS of texture left over. AND my hair would get frizzy. Easier to straighten but my hair would revert. I decided to stop relaxing because to me it did nothing but make my hair frizz. So I want to see if any thick 3c ladies relax fully and dont have reversion issues. If so what are you using? HELP A SEMI-NEWBIE OUT!!!:ohwell:

♦K.O♦

Hey, girl!

I relax, but my texture is still there (I can do wash and gos). My hair isnt as thick, but reversion can be a problem if I dont use the right products.

Blackoutzangel05

I am not a 3c completely but I have always had trouble getting that bone straight relaxer. My hair will be full of loose nice curls right after I get a relaxer. I could sport the best wash n go's...My suggestion is to not fight your hair...I am not sure if you are looking for bone straight or just something to deal with the easily reverting...for me it was my ends that would be puffy if heat wasn't applied to them, so if I sat under the dryer they would be puffy but not my roots...are your roots reverting? If that is the case then you might be underprocessed? I could be wrong but that is what it sounds like to me.

Empress Yahudah

Hey Im 3C and for my last touch up I used Elasta QP Mild Lye and it took well... I smoothed alot but my hair didnt end up bone straight ..its straight but the back has a tiny bit of texture from where it didnt stay on as long as the front ...I should have done it in sections....it was my first time self relaxing so im sure it will get better as I go cuz I love the results of the top half of my head. Im gonna stick with Elasta cuz its mild enough for me that I didnt have to rush.
Sweetcashew uses Elasta as well and I think Candy C

Last edited:

Ayeshia

3c natural...relaxers SUCKED on my hair...they never took and if I did leave it in longer than what it was supposed to be, it would be overprocessed. no advice just venting :lol:

Softresses

Hi, I use Hawaiian Silky Lye relaxer. I stopped trying to get my hair really straight as it would revert back to curls every time, I just decided to stop trying so hard to fight it. I only have the relaxer on my new growth for about 5-6 min now to slightly texturize.

Henna has made my hair a lot straighter than it used to be but it still reverts back to curls a week or so after henna. When I wash I choose to wear it curly or straight. To wear it straight I do a damp wrap overnight and it works well for me.

Softresses

Andreainnis

Hey nu nu, I used affirm mild and it was a beautiful thing! Finally got my 3c straight....then I switched to phyto because of the whole chemical free thing:look: I used index 1 which did absolutely nothing to my hair so I have switched to index 2...or am about to try it anyway after my stretch and if it works I'll be a happy girl but if I come out underprocessed again I'm going back to the only relaxer that straightened without damage, affirm.

SouthernTease

I used to use Affirm's Fiberguard Relaxer
in Mild. The last time I got a relaxer was
5 months ago @ a Dominican Salon...
she used "Designer's Touch", my hair
was bone straight. It was the first time
in years I had used anything but Affirm.
I never had a problem with my relaxer
"not taking" though.