4 Month Ayurveda Newbie Challenge 2010 pt 2

ConstantlyDynamic

hey ladies:) so random question- how does ayurveda typically smell? I like for my hair to smell really fresh like it's just been washed (i used to cowash my hair on the daily and the strongest smelling product that i use now is hollywood beauty castor oil which smells good to me). i like fruity or just fresh smells in general but i'm interested in trying ayurveda. just wanted to know if it smells good or has an extra strong smell or what?

belle_reveuse28

Can someone repost the threads that were listed on the first post. They are not linking. I wanted to see the results threads. I did a search but cannot find them. TIA

BKPrincess: They really dont have a strong smell. I think the strongest smelling one is the fenugreek. It smells like a curry to me. But the others, Amla, Brahmi, Maka, and so forth, don't really have much of a smell. But they will burn your eyes out. These powders are strong. So be sure to keep your eyes closed. HTH

Last edited:

grow

hey ladies:) so random question- how does ayurveda typically smell? I like for my hair to smell really fresh like it's just been washed (i used to cowash my hair on the daily and the strongest smelling product that i use now is hollywood beauty castor oil which smells good to me). i like fruity or just fresh smells in general but i'm interested in trying ayurveda. just wanted to know if it smells good or has an extra strong smell or what?

hi Bkprincess!

one sure fire way to make sure your ayurveda mixes smell good is to use good smelling conditioners to mix it with.
more and more, i am finding that my mixes are taking on the prefume of the ingredient i use the most of in my mixes.
i'm sure you'll like ayurveda once you try it and please come back and let us know how it went for you!

grow

hi ladies!

just checking in......

today i'm going to make a paste and am excited to add some pure, heavy, thick buttermilk to the mix!

not only is it high in EFA's but the lactic acid will help my ng to lay flatter.

it's been cold and rainy (it's hard to believe last week we were in shorts and today feels like i need a coat!) here lately, so the first thing to puff up are my texlaxed roots.

i hope you are all doing well with your ayurveda programs!